There was so much style at PoshFest that we had a hard time picking just nine looks from the weekend in Vegas. We hope that you’ll enjoy all the sparkle, prints and sassy tees (because we sure did) and continue to share how you style your favorite Poshmark purchases on Instagram!
PoshFest is not only a great opportunity to learn how to take your closet to the next level, meet Team Posh and Posh Party the night away - it’s the perfect event to build your professional and social networks and make connections that will last you beyond the weekend.
We definitely believe that building relationships matter when it comes to your closet (and life in general). Here are a few tricks and tips for networking with style:
1. Come prepared. In networking events, you meet so many faces that it’s hard to remember everyone you meet, and business cards are the perfect way to leave an impression that lasts. Don’t have your own personalized business card? Poshmark and Moo.com have teamed up to offer you 100 FREE (yes, that beautiful word) mini business cards - available for pick-up at PoshFest! The only thing you have to pay for is $3 shipping! Hurry - this offer only lasts until October 13 11:50PM EST!
2. Share your Posh story. Don’t know what to say at networking events? At PoshFest, women from across the country and all walks of life are coming together to share their common love for Poshmark, and they want to know your Posh story! It’ll definitely spark tons of other conversations!
3. Follow up, ladies! The only way to build lasting connections beyond Vegas is to follow up with your new friends. Shoot them an email, say hi on Instagram, or of course send a nice little comment on Poshmark!
With a little patience and a lot of Posh love, these connections might last you a lifetime. If you want to make new Posh BFFs in Vegas, get your ticket for PoshFest 2013 on our Eventbrite page.
Blogger darling and power Posher Kate of Wear in La is not only writing a guest post on our blog today, but she’s also joining us at PoshFest as a panelist - sharing all her fashionable tips and tricks for marketing yourself in the virtual world. If you want to join Kate for PoshFest, get your tickets on Eventbrite!
Let’s find out what Kate’s bringing to Vegas:
From the minute I heard about the amazing idea of having a huge live Posh Party in Vegas, I have excitedly been asking myself (and all my Posh friends) the same question over and over again: “What in the world am I going to wear?!” I’m the kind of girl who packs too much, doesn’t get around to wearing nearly half of it and ends up having too much to even care! This time around, I’m planning my outfits ahead of time to minimize luggage and keep myself focused on having a great time and working hard!
In lieu of keeping things simple, I chose a color palette and plan to stick with it so that everything can be interchangeable (you can save so much room in your suitcase if you pick items that mix and match well). For PoshFest 2013, I’m sticking to the oh-so-trendy basics of black and white with a couple pops of color! A classic little black dress can get you through any situation - dinner, drinks, dancing, conference - you name it! Neutral nail polish, such as a nude or silver sparkles, will go with everything - it’s a good idea to consider your wardrobe color palette and choose a polish that meshes well.
Now let’s get down to business - your Posh closet that is! PoshFest is going to be the number one event this year where you can network, learn, and grow your business on Poshmark. Remember to bring your iPhone or iPad, perhaps a notepad, and of course your business cards! Lucky for you and me, Poshmark has offered 100 free custom cards to each attendee to get us jumpstarted! Click HERE to order yours!
Since PoshFest is a two-day event with workshops and panels going all day long, it’s important to have everything you need for the day with you in an easy-to-carry tote. In between speaking on the Marketing Panel, learning new strategies for networking and meeting new Posh friends, I will be fabulously toting around my iPad/iPhone with chargers, a little notebook (yea, I’m still a little old school like that!), business cards, extra pens, perhaps a pair of fold-up flats (you never know…sometimes heels can just be a little too much!) and some basic beauty touch-up products (i.e. lipstick, travel hairspray, bobby pins, and the like). I’m the kind of girl who comes prepared for anything - you just never want to be caught without when you’re in need!
In all my excitement for PoshFest, I have been sharing the Posh love like crazy, encouraging girls to keep on selling and earning towards the trip! I’ve even curated a “PoshFest Essentials” list in my own closet of items that are Vegas-worthy listings up to 20% off. It’s not too late to buy your PoshFest tickets - I so look forward to meeting each and every one of you!
Let’s get this PoshParty started! Vegas, here we come!
With a little more than 2 weeks until PoshFest, it might be a bit of a scramble to get the perfect Vegas wardrobe. Skip the lines at the mall and check out the glitz, glamour and gold on our PoshFest wishlist.
If you’re absolutely in love with these statement pieces, be sure to buy them soon so they can make it in your suitcase to Vegas!
Isabel Marant Godart Embroidered Skinny Jeans: $450
Vibrant Coral Fold Over Clutch: $42
Kate Spade Autumn Astor Court Handbag: $250
Retail $350Metallic Gold Folded Clutch/Crossbody: $25
Brian Atwood “Consort” Heels: $175
Retail $325Betsey Johnson Jeweled Clutch: $45
Ray-Ban Tortoiseshell Sunglasses: $95
Retail $200Arden B Gold Sequin Skirt: $55 Retail $59
If you’re looking for an occasion to wear these stunning listings, check out the PoshFest 2013 page on Eventbrite for information, FAQs and tickets.
PoshFest’s cherry-on-top of a really fabulous cake is going to be our biggest ever LIVE Posh Party with glitter, cocktails and dancing with all your Posh BFFs. We might teach Vegas a thing or two about what it really means to have a party!
From how to take the perfect Covershot to using social media to market your listings, what you can learn from PoshFest will help your Poshmark closet shine bright. Our lineup of panels, workshops and speakers will sharpen your business-savvy skills - talk about a wealth of knowledge!
At PoshFest, you can finally meet your Posh BFFs from across the country and make a hundred more! Lovers of Poshmark come from all walks in life with all different styles (we celebrate and love them all) and nothing is stronger than the sisterhood of traveling Poshers.
Vegas is going to be the capital of some unstoppable and fabulous fashion as our passionate Poshers show us why their closets are droolworthy! Don’t get us started on the goodie bags. This is THE opportunity to get some one-of-a-kind Poshmark swag.
PoshFest is not only about fashion and friends - it’s also about being inspired and educated to be the woman you’ve always wanted to be. Poshmark wants to celebrate you as a Posher, a woman, an entrepreneur and a style icon! Get inspired by fashion and industry leaders who want to empower your inner Posh goddess.
If you want to join us in Vegas for PoshFest 2013, get your 25% off your ticket by using POSHFEST25 at checkout! Don’t delay - this sweet deal ends October 2nd. Get your PoshFest ticket on Eventbrite!
Wondering what a ticket to PoshFest can get you?
With all this buzz about PoshFest, we bet you have quite a few questions about our first ever fashion festival! This blog post will hopefully answer all your questions about PoshFest and help you make the choice to join us in Vegas on October 19-20th!
If you’re ready to go to PoshFest, use the code POSHFEST25 at checkout to get 25% off your PoshFest ticket - just because we love our Posh community. Get your ticket on our Eventbrite page.
Panel 1: Jumpstart Your Style
Step up your own personal style and become a Poshmark tastemaker with this panel’s expert tips.
Panel 2: How Poshmark Changed My Life: Secrets To Selling Success
Hear from four power users as they discuss the personal impact Poshmark has had on them.
Panel 3: Marketing Yourself In The Virtual World
Learn how marketing can increase sales in your Poshmark closet from a crew of some fabulous Posh marketing mavens.
Workshop 1: Like a Boss: How to Start a Business on Poshmark
Poshmark’s Director of Marketplace Operations will lead this interactive discussion around what you need to take into account when running a business on Poshmark.
Workshop 2: Spreading the PoshLove: How to Build Relationships That Matter
Poshmark’s Director of Community will lead this interactive discussion around how to make relationships count on Poshmark.
Workshop 3: Power User Tips and Tricks
Poshmark’s Community Ambassador and power user will lead this interactive discussion on how to add a little pep to your Posh step while cutting some corners in the pursuit of Poshmark efficiency!
What is PoshFest?
PoshFest is a live two day event filled with fashion, friends, and fun happening in Las Vegas that will connect, inspire, and empower the Poshmark community from all across the country.
Is there an age requirement for PoshFest?
There is no age requirement to to attend PoshFest 2013.
Will you be selling tickets at the door?
No, we will not be selling any tickets at the door.
Who’s invited to PoshFest 2013?
Will my PoshFest ticket provide any meals/accommodations/travel throughout the weekend?
Your PoshFest ticket will provide two days of breakfast and lunch, but dinner is on you! This ticket does not pay for any accommodations or travel.
If you’re still on the fence about PoshFest, check out our fun little Instagram video:
We’re about a month away from PoshFest, but it’s not too late to get your PoshFest ticket! Guarantee your spot today at our Eventbrite page - space is limited.
Stay calm and Posh on! In today’s blog post, we want to make your trip to Vegas easy breezy so that you can save all your energy for PoshFest on October 19-20th.
Sit back, relax and let us do the hotel and travel research:
If you are in college with a limited budget, Student Universe offers discounted flights to Vegas for the traveling student! You can grab a flight from SFO to Vegas (and back) for as low as $168 - nonstop!
If you really want to fly in style, our airline favorite - Virgin America - is offering a Fall promotion with flights to Vegas that will leave you with a little extra $$ for shopping on the Strip.
SAN FRANCISCO to VEGAS: $59 (one way)
NEW YORK to VEGAS: $149 (one way)
LOS ANGELES to VEGAS: $49 (one way)
The only catch is that you have to book your flight by September 18th (tomorrow) to grab this ahh-mazing deal.
With your travel troubles gone, all you need is to find a fabulous hotel for your weekend getaway! Poshmark has partnered with The Cosmpolitan of Las Vegas to offer you rooms at their gorgeous hotel for a discounted price for October 18th and 19th.
You will only be able to book at this rate until September 27th, so don’t delay!
For more information on PoshFest and how to book your stay at The Cosmo, check out our Eventbrite page under FAQs!
We can’t wait to see you there.
With PoshFest fast approaching, time is running out to shop for the perfect Vegas wardrobe! Transform your current closet with statement pieces, accessories and shoes without having to buy whole new outfits. With these affordable and glamorous accessories, you can use the extra cash for a ticket to PoshFest!
Buy your ticket today - space is limited, ladies! We can’t wait to see you there.
Our Vegas inspirations:
Accessorize your PoshFest weekend with these Poshmark listings:
1. Still wondering what a PoshFest ticket with get you? This week we couldn’t contain our excitement anymore and released our PoshFest schedule! Check out our Eventbrite page for all the fabulous panels and awe-inspiring workshops (but stay tuned for our speakers - shhh).
For more information and tickets, visit our Event page!
Buy your ticket today - as space is limited!
2. With Fashion Week heating up the fashion industry, our app has gotten a lot of buzz. Thank you to our fab community for putting us in the spotlight! From Elle India to a feature in WSJ Digits, we’re beyond flattered to be so loved by Poshers near and far. If you have been shopping for a new app in the App Store, did you see us in the Fashion section of the Spotlight page?
3. Who says you can’t wear white after Labor Day? At our Bay Area Community Meet-up at PMHQ last night, we all dared to! We had a beyond fun-tastic time, munching, meeting old and new friends and bonding over our love for Poshmark. Feel free to tag yourself and your friends in the Facebook album!
Couldn’t make it to our Community Meet-up last night? No worries - we’ll host many more at PMHQ in the future!
4. We can’t stop and won’t stop Posh Partying! If you are in Chicago on the 25th or Boston on the 27th, save the date in your social calendars and join us for a fashionably good time.
5. Another season of our #POSHSTYLE Instagram Giveaway is about to start this upcoming Monday at noon.
Do you have a Posh purchase that you can’t wait to style? Take a snap of #PoshStyle outfit and enter for a chance to win $50 in Posh Credits! It’s easy and breezy as enjoying a lazy weekend afternoon!
Visit the blog again on Monday morning for more details!
1. Last night we had a fabulous time at our “Help Me to PoshFest 2013” Posh Party on the app! If you missed last night, no worries - you can continue sell your closet and save up to buy a ticket to PoshFest 2013! Tickets are available on Eventbrite, but act fast - space is limited!
For details on Poshfest and tickets, visit our event page!
2. Hey girl! If you’re a Bay Area Posher, we’re inviting you to join us next week for another ahh-mazing Community Meetup here at PMHQ! Get to know the team, make friends with other local Poshers & bring your girlfriends! For more information & to RSVP, visit our Eventbrite page!
3. The Posh love continues to grow! This week we reached 17k followers on Instagram, and we want to take this time to thank you for making this possible! Pretty please - help us get to 20k followers by spreading the Posh love and sharing our Instagram to your friends!
4. Do you have burning questions about Poshmark you’d like to get answered? Stay tuned for new additions to our Posh Guide, curious cats! From shipping boxes to covershot magic, we’ve got you covered!
5. To all the trendy office girls and hard-working mamas out there, have a happy Labor Day weekend! Take this time to kick back, pamper yourself and eat macaroons! This weekend is definitely for you.