There are many reasons why we love the color emerald: the Pantone gods has dubbed it color of the year, St. Patrick’s Day is all about that lucky hue, and it is a statement shade for spring.
At PMHQ, we believe that clothes are our good luck charms, and these listings of emerald darlings have us spreading the luck from closet to closet:
1. Viveca emerald cap-toe heels: $28
2. Emerald bow-tie earrings: $7
3. NWT Kate Spade emerald handbag: $120
Have a great weekend, and Happy Poshmarking!
Happy Friday, Poshmarkers! We’ve had a busy, exciting, and record-breaking week here at Poshmark HQ. Here are five of the many (MANY!) things that made us smile this week:
1. Hello, CNBC! We are definitely feeling the love this week from the press. To kick things off, we were featured on a CNBC segment as one of the “Top Ten Disruptors of 2013!” We couldn’t think of a better name to be called on national television and are so honored to be named among the likes of Pinterest, Uber, Fab.com, and Warby Parker.
2. Changing the world, one closet at a time. Business Insider included us in their “10 Apps That Changed How We Think About Shopping” article, next to some of our personal favorites including Starbucks and Target! Best of all? Our amazing Poshmarker, bananniekins, is the cover girl for the entire article! How cute is she?!
3. We Heart StyleCaster. Not only do we love interacting with our NYC-based friends at StyleCaster every week during their Twitter #StyleChat, but we’re so thankful that they included us as one of their top 50 fashion apps. Check out the article here!
4. Posh Party record breaker! It seems like just yesterday when our community shared a couple of thousand listings to our Posh Parties. Well, those few thousands have now turned into nearly 85,000 listings! Yep—you read that right! Last night’s “Pretty & Fun” party was definitely a hit. Shop the party and our hosts’ picks here!
5. Seattle, here we come! Less than one week until our Seattle Posh Party is here and we couldn’t be any more excited! This will mark Poshmark’s first time in Seattle, so we can’t wait to meet, mingle, and sip with the city’s most fashionable. Are you in the area next Thursday, 1/31? Join us! Check out party details here!
We had another amazing week full of outstanding milestones, fab purchases, and major 2013 excitement! Here is our round-up of what has us smiling this week:
1. Instalove: We have said it time and time again, but we are admittedly obsessed with Instagram. This week (*ahem*yesterday) we crossed over 4,000 followers! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts for following our #fashion #iphoneography journey!
2. All-Time High: We kicked off the week with the Girly Girl Posh Party and what a party it was! We ended with 60,000+ listings shared to the party…can you say “AMAZING?!” Best. Community. Ever.
3. Rocco Bag: The Posh Ladies get so excited everyday when USPS shows up at our door. This week, we all were drooling over this stunner that Poshmark’s @KateF swooped up on Poshmark for over 50% off! Jealous!
4. Poshmark Travels: You know we love throwing a good LIVE Posh Party, so we just want you to brace yourselves for what is in store for our Posh Parties this year! Keep checking back with us to stay up to date on how you can join all the fun! You never know…we might show up in your city soon!
5. Go Niners: How could we sign off for the weekend without giving a shout out to another one of our favorite Bay Area teams? The San Francisco 49er playoff game is tomorrow and our hearts are beating with anticipation. Go Niners, go!
Hope everyone had a fab week! We have been feeling so festive and hope to spread the holiday cheer to you all in today’s Friday Five roundup!
1. #PoshmarkTurns1 Recap: Our birthday party may have come and gone, but the amazing photos are still living on! If you haven’t had the chance to peek at the album from the event you can do so on our Facebook Page! Thanks again to our amazing Poshmarkers who have made this first year so successful! Feel free to tag yourself, like, and share! Can’t wait to see what year 2 will bring!
2. Gift Giving Parties: Have a fashionista best friend, super-stylish sister, or just looking to treat yourself to something special this holiday season? Don’t forget to join our afternoon Gift Giving Posh Parties happening everyday at 12pm PST!
3. #StyleChat: Fashion questions, style tips, and new fashionable friends? Yes, please! Every Wednesday from 12pm-1pm PST you are invited to join us and a great group of fashion lovers alike in StyleCaster’s weekly #StyleChats on Twitter! We’re having so much fun and would love for you to join in!
4. Winter Pinterest Inspiration: With the temperatures really starting to drop (yes, even for California standards), it’s finally starting to feel like winter around here at PMHQ. What does this weather change mean for us? New outfit ideas on Pinterest, of course! Check out what we have been Pinning on our ‘Get Cozy’ and ‘Keep Calm and Sparkle On’ boards.
5. Holiday Cheer: We are taking the number five spot today to send you sparkles, smiles, and love during this very festive time of year!
Have a great weekend! XO!
We can’t tell you how blessed we are to have SO many things bring smiles to our faces each and everyday. Here are a few things in particular that are making us extra happy this week:
1. #PoshmarkTurns1: As you may have read on the blog earlier this week, Poshmark is turning 1! We can’t wait to celebrate this year of success, and of course we couldn’t have done it without each and everyone of you! If you are in the Bay Area, be sure to read how to win a ticket to our party and take home one fab gift box!
2. Tasty Treats: If there’s one thing that gets the office buzzing, it’s when we have yummy treats in front of us (yes—we live to eat)! Cupcakes, chips, macarons. You name it, we love it! Nearly every day this week we were spoiled above-and-beyond by some of our friends who dropped by with delicious snacks for us, so thank you for thinking of us over here at PMHQ and providing us with some fuel to keep working hard!
3. Holiday Gift Guide Posh Parties: Have you been tuning in to our afternoon Posh Parties? Come list, shop, and share all things that are “New With Tags” (aka “NWT”) that make the perfect holiday gift! Stay tuned next week for even more Gift Guide Parties hosted by some of our favorite boutiques on Poshmark!
4. Posh Packages: The closer we get to the holidays, the more we are seeing some mighty-fabulous packaging! When shipping out your sales, remember that this could possibly be a gift for someone else! Fun tissue paper, ribbon and a thank you card make the world of a difference (and we’ve seen that it keeps shoppers coming back to the same closets for more).
5. Goodbye, November: Time really does fly by when you’re having fun. This November we gave thanks, had fashionably-fun Posh Parties, rockstar hosts, and so much more. We welcome December with open arms and can’t wait to spend the holidays with you all!
Have a wonderful weekend, Poshmarkers!
Happy Friday, friends! We’re grinning from ear to ear because this week was filled to the brim with our two loves: fashion AND technology! From a super successful event, to amazing press, we’re feeling so thankful!
1. Third Wave Fashion+ Poshmark: This past Tuesday evening, SF’s finest fashion & tech crowd came out to Zappos Labs HQ for a great event to hear all about Embracing Fashion in Tech. Yours truly partnered with Third Wave Fashion to host the event and in addition, our Co-Founders and CEO spoke on the panel. We loved hearing the insightful information the panelists shared with us, along with mingling with new and old friends! Our favorite quote of the evening came from Poshmark’s CEO, Manish Chandra: “It’s all about love!” Yep—we love our community!
2. Posh Press: This week was filled with amazing press spreading the Poshmark love across the country! Two of our rock star users were a part of the press love, as they were interviewed! Check out the Money Monday and Texas Living clips to watch them in action!
3. Third Posh Party: If you haven’t already noticed in the app, we have added a special third Posh Party in the afternoons! Be sure to tune in at 12pm PST Monday-Friday throughout the holiday season to find more specific items from jewelry to dresses AND items that are New With Tags! Hello, gift giving! :)
4. New Feature Alert! Poshmark has released a new version of the app! Be sure to update because you can now shop for items that are “New With Tags” aka “NWT”! Stay tuned for more information on the other fun things this new release includes!
5. Extra Cash This Holiday Season: The great thing about Poshmark is that not only can you shop for amazing pieces at a discounted price, but you actually can MAKE money! SheFinds.com featured Poshmark this week, where they share their excitement of adding some extra cash to the bank during this otherwise feeling-broke-kind-of-season.
Hope you have a fabulous weekend! XO!
Another week has flown by and we’re getting excited (per usual) because Halloween is just around the corner! Not only are we trying to plan out our costumes, but next week we’re planning on having a little pumpkin decorating party with the whole office—good times at PMHQ! With fall in full swing, and the holidays getting closer, we’re feeling a bit joyous and jolly! See what else has us smiling in today’s Friday Five:
1. Social Edge Summit: For those of you who follow us on Twitter, you may have seen that one of our co-founders’ and our VP of Marketing, Tracy Sun, spoke at the SE Summit Conference held in San Francisco. Not only did Poshmark meet and mingle with fellow entrepreneurs and companies, but we had to represent with our famous traveling photo wall!
One of our favorite quotes from Tracy: “Mobile offers a different level of engagement. [Poshmark takes] it to a new level. You can discover in ways you couldn’t before.”
2. Halloween Prep: It’s officially time to get in the Halloween(ie) spirit! We’ve been getting so much inspiration on how to fashionably decorate our office pumpkins, but this has to be one of our faves! What will you be doing to your pumpkins and, better yet, what are you dressing up as?!
3. Autumnal Inspiration: Yes, that’s tonight’s Posh Party theme, but we also have a slew of other fall fashion-inspired parties up ahead, including our “Jackets, Blazers & Layering Pieces” on Sunday evening! Be sure to get those scarves, boots, and sweaters ready to list!
5. Support the Cause: One of the reasons we love what we do so much is because we get to meet so many talented people, both virtually on Poshmark and across our social media channels, as well as in-person. We met the super sweet Itchelita on Instagram, where she posts adorable pictures of her handmade bracelets and tons of fashion inspiration. When she recently sent us over these pink and silver bracelets in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, we knew we had to share the love and encourage you to join us! Itchelita is donating 50% of the proceeds of this bracelet to the American Breast Cancer Association. Fashion for a cause? YES, PLEASE!
Have a great weekend, Poshmarkers! See you on the app! xo
1. Miami, Here We Come! If you missed our announcement yesterday, we are packing our bathing suits, dresses, and sunscreen and heading to Miami next week for a “Girls’ Night Out” Posh Party. If you’re in the area, please join us (shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org). We’ll be sipping cocktails and shopping the closets of some of Miami’s top fashion bloggers. This is definitely one you shouldn’t miss out on!
2. Instalove: We’re feeling the love from head-to-toe because we just recently hit over 2,000 followers on Instagram (WOOHOO!). Thank you so much to all of you who follow along our photo adventures! We love sharing them with you!
3. iOYES6! Did everyone update to the new iPhone software?! If not, what are you waiting for? New and improved 3D maps, features…and one of our favorites: NEW EMOJIS! We love all the new little characters they have added. Thanks again, Apple!
4. Get Featured! Closet featured on this blog, that is! We are always on the lookout for closets filled with amazing listings, gorgeous Covershots, and all around good-hearted Poshmarkers! If you’d like to be featured, or know of someone who you think should be, let us know below in the comment section…or shoot us a Tweet!
5. Bye-bye Summer! Summer is pretty much behind us, so what better way to close out the season than with an “End of Summer Sale” Posh Party? Come list the last of your summer wear or shop for a cute new pair of shorts that can be worn with tights and booties for fall!
It’s Friday, Friday, Friiiidayy! Okay, we apologize for potentially getting that song in your head, but another week has gone by and we are thrilled to share our highlights from the week!
1. New Posh Party Themes: This weekend we have a couple new themes that we are really excited about! Tonight is our “Casual Friday” Party (dressed down, but fashionable styles) and tomorrow night is our “Borrowed from the Boys” Party (blazers, button-ups, suits, trousers—oh my!), so be ready! If you have any fun Posh Party themes suggestions, let us know in the comment section below!
2. SXSW Panel Picker: We announced this yesterday in this post, but we would love all of your support in getting the mastermind behind Poshmark to speak at SXSW in Austin next March! Thank you to all who have already voted!
3. Pinteresting: We are SO close to our 500th follower on Pinterest. Woohoo! If you love shoes, arm candy, prints or anything to do with fashion, you most definitely will be doing some repinning!
4. Suggested Users: Exciting news! Starting this week, we will be picking new rockstar Poshmarkers to be added to our “Suggested Users List” in the app! If you have an amazing closet, fab Covershots and are an all around great Poshmarker, you have a chance too!
5. Posh Styled: We have been seeing so many Tweets & Instagrams of you rocking items purchased on Poshmark and let us just say, we. love. them. (!!!) Don’t forget to hashtag #Poshmark and #PoshStyled so we can share! How cute is yourstrulycarr’s new Gucci bag via Poshmark?!
Enjoy your weekend everyone!
Can you believe this is the last Friday in July?! The Poshmark Team was just chatting about how amazing this month has been and we’re in disbelief that August is just around the corner! It’s been yet another fantastic month of fabulous users (new & old), super gorgeous listings (that our wallets aren’t too happy about), and a new app release. WOO! Each month that we cross off the calendar marks so much growth and happiness and we do it all because of YOU! Here’s to August y’all!
1. Double your pleasure, double your fun! If you haven’t already noticed our daytime Posh Parties, you should get familiar as we will be bumping them up to 7 days a week! That’s right: two Posh Parties every day of the week. Life’s too short not to party! :)
2. New Poshmark app release! If you haven’t already done so, be sure to head over to the iTunes store to download the newest version of Poshmark!
3. Shop Past Parties! Check out last night’s “Hampton’s Chic” Party which had some seriously lust-worthy listings!
5. TGIF! Lastly, we wish you all a fantastic last weekend of July! Cheers!