1. Hey, Seattle Poshers! Poshmark is coming to town next week for a fun community meet up! Join us Thursday, 4/24 for a night of mingling with fellow Poshers and the Poshmark team, sipping on yummy cocktails and tons of fashion fun! Rsvp HERE!
2. Poshmark has been nominated for a Best Mobile App Award-WOO! Show us your PoshLove by taking 5 seconds (literally) to vote for us, find out how on this post.
3. Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+…our addiction to social media is real and the best part is getting to interact with our amazing community everyday. Be sure to follow us for behind the scenes, inspiration, the best deals on Poshmark and more!
4. What a week! Our friends over at Pop Sugar wrote this amazing guide to buying and selling on Poshmark and it brought the biggest smile to our face.
5. The holiday weekend is here! Enjoy some festive treats, family time and of course, shopping on Poshmark! See you on the app!
We hope you had an amazing weekend, Poshers! Whether you were prancing around in the sun at Coachella or laying low and starting on some major spring cleaning, we welcome you back to the work week with tons of style!
1. Last week we had the pleasure of spreading the PoshLove to all the stylish ladies at the LuckyFABB conference in LA. Visited our booth? Don’t forget to add our new closet widgets to your blog’s sidebar for your chance to win a Poshmark shopping spree-let us know using the hashtag #PoshLovesBloggers.
2. Today we were really feeling the Instagram love when style icon, friend and Poshmark investor, Rachel Zoe stopped by our page! What a very happy Friday!
3. Los Angeles, you know how to party! We had a fantastic time Posh Partying it up with our SoCal Poshers and couldn’t have asked for a more amazing evening. Missed out on the party? Check out all the photos from the event HERE and shop the virtual “Spring Fling” Posh Party HERE!
4. We can’t get enough of puppy Fridays here at PMHQ. Especially when we are able to get silly with a few accessories. These PoshPups are styling for spring! Love!
5. Whether you’re living it up at Coachella or taking it easy at home, we hope you all have a Poshtastic weekend! See you on the app for tons of Posh Party fun!
Sunshine’s out and we’re ready to take full advantage of warmer weather! We’ve started shopping for all things bright and adventure-hopping appropriate - check out why we love Grace’s closet for everything Spring-ready…and more! Happy Shopping!
1. Pink Satin Blazer - $25
2. Stella and Dot Palamino Necklace - $75
3. Alexander Wang Morgan Rocco - $215
4. Lip Stain Sweater - $25
5. French Connection Black Jumpsuit - $50
6. Rebecca Minkoff Aztec Mac Daddy Crossbody - $179
7. Safari Elephant Shirt - $15
8. Clarks Silver Cliffrose Sail Boat Shoes - $50 retail
Mondays should be fun days! Grab your PFFs and join our Posh Parties happening each and every day!
Poshmark always values feedback from the community so we wanted to take this opportunity to hear from a few members in regards to how they’ve handled the recent news surrounding Poshmark’s latest changes, including PoshPost. Read on to learn more!
With the new shipping and commission updates, I’m making more sales now that the shipping rates are lower. I find that even a dollar or two can really make or break a deal when customers are looking to purchase. I don’t feel like I have to increase my prices to maintain my earnings margin because I’m offering higher quality items that are above the $15 mark, so I feel unaffected by the commission changes. Additionally with the shipping rate lowered I feel like Poshmark now allows me to make more sales and not feel pressured to discounting more for customers unhappy with total price of an item plus shipping.
Some things I’ve been adjusting to include using the Not For Sale (NFS) status to show the items in a “preview to come” listing to increase pre-promotion of new items to my followers. I also use it as a hold on items that are bundled until they have been accepted.
A couple of tips that I would offer to Poshers still adjusting with the changes are: use the NFS tags in creative ways for reserves, welcome posts, chatting listings, or party announcements. Also, share the news with your followers and potential customers that shipping rates are lower - it may lead them to making more purchases.
With the new commission and shipping updates, my customers have been buying more because they are spending less on shipping. In addition, I have been using a five items for $15 promotion and have had more customers spend more than $15 on their bundles. They feel like they are getting more for less and I am making the same profit as the 20% commission (if not more!).
To encourage sales and bundles, I have created my own personalized thank you business cards. The cards state thank you for your purchase please leave feedback and 10% off will be awarded off your next purchase. Makes it simple and fast!
One recommendation that I have for any Poshers still adjusting is to be proactive not reactive about change. Change is a very difficult thing to deal with, and any comments that you make about the changes, Poshmark, or other individuals is a reflection of your closet. You are a brand ambassador for yourself and the Poshmark community. Keep it positive.
I believe the new shipping and commission updateshave improved morale of the general community, and also increased my sales. I have not actually increased my prices to maintain earnings because careful thought always goes into my pricing. I allow myself a sufficient margin to anticipate trends whether it is changes made by Poshmark or those due to current demand and competition internally and externally (outside of Poshmark). I am now seeing less bundles and more single purchases of higher cost, and I believe this is because the buyer no longer has to “jump through hoops” to get a great deal now.
One noteworthy change to my Poshing is I have been using the NFS status for inventory management. When I need to know how many available listings I have this gives me a true number since it excludes notes with listings of $0 listing price. It’s a quick tool to be able to know what I’ve sold weekly. Now I have much easier visual inventory control. Defining my unproductive inventory is also quicker now. By using the NFS tool in conjunction with the Filters, I am now able to define the 20% that’s selling and 80% that’s not. I am also able to track trends of each item posted.
My advice for Poshers still adjusting to the updates is first and foremost to have fun! Poshmark is an evolving platform that is consistently listening to its users in order to improve. In this day and age we don’t have the luxury to think rigid. For example when Apple has an upgrade we all know it’s going to be for something better. Poshers that are still adjusting should inherit that same trust.
2. Speaking of bloggers, we have partnered up with Lucky Magazine and will be at the Lucky FABB conference next week in LA! If you are attending, be sure to swing by the lounge to say, snag some oh-so-posh goodies.
3. We couldn’t have started our Friday with a more exciting feature from Venture Beat. Named one of the 8 best shopping apps alongside some fashion heavy hitters, it’s safe to say our week (or month) is made! Check out the full article HERE.
4. Aint no party like a Poshmark party! If you live in the Los Angeles area, be sure to rsvp to our LIVE “Spring Fling” Posh Party happening next Wednesday, 4/2! Shopping, giveaways, & mingling— what’s not to love?
5. Ah, Snapchat. If you know how much we love social media, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that we are now on Snapchat. Follow along behind the scenes at PMHQ by adding us @ TeamPoshmark! See you on the snap side!
Poshmark is heading down to sunny Los Angeles to throw a LIVE Posh Party and you’re invited! Grab your PFFs and join the Poshmark team, your co-hosts, and local Poshers for a fun night of shopping, cocktails, giveaways, mingling and more.
Can’t wait to see you there!
P.S. Attending the LuckyFABB conference? Be sure to swing by the lounge to say hi, pick up some goodies and learn all about Poshmark’s new closet widget!