This Monday we at PMHQ are more than excited to have our Community team host the Posh Party tonight! We’re lusting for Louboutins, crazy for couture, and tracking down all the timeless and curent trends that are essential in any women’s closet.
Don’t miss out on Naty of A Love Affair with Fashion and her fabulous host picks for Thursday’s Bold & Beautiful Posh Party! Also, check out the gorgeous style of our other hosts, Joo, Anita, Randi, Melanie, and Hillary.
With lineups like this, we’re beginning to really be mad for Mondays.
At Poshmark, we’re all about helping you fall in love with your closet again. How? By selling the fashions you love, but no longer wear and using the money you make to buy what you really love today!
1. List an item for sale. It’s easy and fun! Snap photos of the item you want to sell with your iPhone, fill out basic information, and…voila! You’ve created a listing!
2. Your item sold! Now what? Print out the shipping label we send you via email, attach it to your package, and send it off USPS. Poshmark will handle everything else!
3. Poshmark will release your money to you once your buyer accepts your item (or 3 days have passed since she received the item)!
4. Take your earnings and use them to buy that designer handbag or gorgeous heels you “Liked” on Poshmark and can’t stop thinking about! Win-win!
1. If you were in San Diego and watching the nightly news on NBC, you probably saw a little Poshmark before bed. We were featured by NBC 7’s Consumer Bob on a segment about turning your closet into a profit, as they interviewed our rockstar user (and friend!), Jocelyn of Bossy Jocey. Watch the clip with us today!
2. Bachelor fans, did you see that we were featured by Michelle Money in a video of her favorite things on her hilarious YouTube Channel? It’s one of our favorite things this week, and that’s why we had to feature it in our Friday Five!
3. We’re nearly at 1,500 followers on Tumblr! Help us get even more love, spread the word, reblog, and follow us! We want to send out our PMHQ updates, fashion-forward news on trends and styles, and love and glitter to all the ladies we can.
4. We California girls love the sand, sun, and summertime fun. With the weather warming up and June fast on its way, get ready for the summer by stocking up on cute crop tops. Here is one we’re particularly wild about, but shop many more on Poshmark here, here, and here.
5. Are you a “Girly Girl” or a “Downtown Chic” lady? Then you are going to want to Posh Party with us all weekend long for our weekend lineup of spectacular parties. Happy Poshmarking!
Women across the country are making hundreds, if not thousands of dollars a month right NOW. The best part? They’re doing it all through Poshmark! Read on to get inspired by three real - and very different - Poshmarkers.
Case Study #1: A 20-something southern California Poshmarker fell in love with how easy the entire selling process is on Poshmark and in just four months, she has been able to sell over $15,000 worth of merchandise. Poshmark has given her the opportunity to make money (and have fun doing so), while being a stay-at-home mom to her young daughter.
Case Study #2: This 47-year old Texan makes $150-$200 a month on Poshmark selling clothes that don’t fit or that she no longer has interest in wearing. She loves that Poshmark gives her the opportunity to get prices for her items that she normally wouldn’t get at consignment stores.
Case Study #3: A savvy 30-something in Boston loves using Poshmark to connect with stylemates from across the country. She regularly shops their closets on Poshmark…using the $300-$500 a month she’s making by listing her own items!
Create listings, sell items, make money. We think that’s about as good as it gets.
Did you know that closets with more than 10 listings sell 30 times more than those with less? That’s right! One of the secrets to being a successful seller on Poshmark lies in your very own closet.
A full closet is a trustworthy closet. Show potential buyers that you’re serious about your Poshmarking! By regularly adding items to your closet, fellow Poshmarkers will trust not only your style, but they’ll also see you’re active and mean serious fashion business!
Variety is key. Think of your Poshmark closet as a your virtual boutique. The more variety and types of merchandise you have, the likelihood that a potential buyer finds something she wants to buy is much higher. Score!
Bundle this, bundle that. The more listings you have in your closet, the more likely it will be that you sell bundles! Bundles are individual listings that include multiple items from your closet and are sold to one buyer (so they only have to hit the buy button and pay for shipping once). Cha-ching!
Note: Please remember that our standard shipping label is for a 2 lb. package. If your bundle is greater than 2 lbs., you will need to upgrade the label. You can do this directly from the app.
Selling on Poshmark is not only as easy as 1-2-3, but it’s also fun and empowering! With Poshmark, you’ll fall in love with your closet…again!
Create a listing in seconds. We make it super simple for you to list an item for sale on Poshmark. Simply snap a few pictures or upload them from your album, give your item a title, short description, set your price and - VOILA! Your item is available for women across the country to buy! Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
Name your own price. Take control over your closet with Poshmark! Unlike your typical consignment store, Poshmark let’s you decide how much you want to get in return for your item when it’s sold. So, go ahead - list that Louis Vuitton purse you never wear or those Alexander Wang booties that are way too high for you and find them a new home…at your own price terms!
It’s free to list and sell. Listing and selling on Poshmark is not only quick, but it’s free, which means no need to worry about hidden listing fees or pesky credit card fees (we take care of that for you). To top it off, we provide you with a pre-paid, pre-addressed shipping label once your item sells, so all you have to do is box it up, print and attach our label, and send it off via USPS.
What do you have to lose? Go ahead, list your closet and start making money!
Poshmark anywhere, anytime. Because Poshmark is mobile, we make it convenient for you to instantly communicate with others in the community, sell, and shop at any time of the day, no matter where you are!
In Hawaii? Poshmark after dinner with the late-night crowd who can’t sleep in New York City. Waiting for your friends to arrive for happy hour? Open up Poshmark and find a new necklace to wear on your weekend date. Commuting on the train? Pass the time (and have plenty of fashion fun) by joining our daily Posh Parties or shopping past parties - straight from your phone!
Having amazing pictures in your Poshmark listings is one of the most important parts of creating a great listing. But don’t fret - read these simple tips to make the most out of your photos!
Tip 1: Style your Covershot.
Your Covershot is the very first photo in your listing - and first impressions definitely count, so be sure to wow potential buyers by including a gorgeous Covershot in your listings! We find that if you wear your item in your Covershot to show how you would style it, the chances of selling your item are much greater.
Tip 2: Pick the right setting.
Where you take your pictures is as equally important when creating a listing. You want to be sure that what you’re trying to sell is what stands out - not the pile of clothes sitting on your bed in the background!
If you’re taking your photos at home, we suggest picking an area of your house that’s clean, free of clutter, and has natural light beaming through.
Tip 3: Take clear, bright photos.
One of the most-convenient things about Poshmark is that you can snap the photos for your listing using your phone (easy-breezy!). And while the camera on the phone is pretty amazing, the lighting and coloring of the photos can sometimes be less-than-ideal depending on the environment in which the photos are taken.
This is why snapping your photos in natural lighting is preferred, but we know that’s not always possible. Luckily, there are plenty of apps that will quickly correct the exposure and tone of your pictures, such as Snapseed, Photoshop Express, VSCO Cam, and Picture Effect Magic.
Tip 4: Include a variety of photos.
We strongly encourage including as many photos of the item you are trying to sell to give potential buyers a better idea of what the item really looks like from multiple angles. Some ideas of the photos to include in your listings are: