1. We might of left our hearts in Vegas, but the PoshFest fun isn’t over yet! We are so excited to announce our PoshFest winners for our Posh Party Instagram Giveaway and our Covershot contest.
Congrats to Sayestebrown for winning our Posh Party Instagram Giveaway for winning $100 in Posh Credits! Give so much Posh love for bostonshopper, mizfabulousity, jessicarabbit13 and thebayarean for winning $25 in Posh Credits in our CoverShot contest.
2. Calling all Insta-fans! Take pictures of how you style your favorite Posh purchases and enter for a chance to win $50 in Posh Credits. Don’t delay - our POSHSTYLE Instagram Giveaway is officially ending Monday, October 28th 12PM PST.
With this last week, get chic!
3. Extra, extra, read all about it: Poshmark’s celebrity investors include Rachel Zoe and Ashton Kutcher! Last week, the media was buzzing all about the announcement on VentureBeat - and so for the fun of it, we’re reliving the spotlight!
Check out what VentureBeat and Refinery29 have to say about it!
4. Magazine mavens, have you seen this month’s edition of InStyle? Poshmark was included in InStyle’s #bestofdigi under their Consignment Insider list. Refashioning is SO in!
Read all about it!
5. Drumroll, please! There are BIG, BIG things that we’re planning at PMHQ for the app in the next few weeks, and we can barely keep it a secret.
Just stay tuned to the blog and our social media channels these upcoming weeks - we’ll definitely give you hints!
Source: kwistenm on Instagram
Day 2 at PoshFest called for our fab attendees to get up-close and personal at workshops that were led by power Poshers and Team Posh! From learning the tips and trick to being a rockstar user to understanding why spreading the PoshLove is SO important, these intimate sessions definitely sparked the most ahh-mazing conversations.
"Spreading the PoshLove: How to Build Relationships That Matter"
Moderated by the lovely Lyann, Poshmark’s Director of Community, and our workshop speaker, Charis Gailard, this workshop had the entire room tearing up just a little bit as we shared our own personal stories on how relationships on the app have changed our lives. We learned that Poshmark not only connects us all as women across the country, but through generations of daughters and mothers using the app!
"Like a Boss: How to Start a Business on Poshmark"
Source: missaisha555 on Instagram
This hot topic had us all eyes and ears with our notebooks ready in hand! In a discussion led by Director of Marketplace Operations, Olivia Tam, power user and businesswoman Evelyne Teman shared her experience of creating a booming Posh empire, turning her garage into a merchandise warehouse and using the app to connect with customers all over the country.
"Power Users Tips and Tricks"
Source: FashionableeME on Twitter
Bubbly and bold power user and Community team member, Adiel Cloud, dug deep in her bag of tips and tricks to show our attendees how they can go above and beyond with their Posh etiquette! From using the handy USPS app to describing your item like a seasoned Posher, this workshop covered all Posh tips from A(pp) to Z!
There was so much style at PoshFest that we had a hard time picking just nine looks from the weekend in Vegas. We hope that you’ll enjoy all the sparkle, prints and sassy tees (because we sure did) and continue to share how you style your favorite Poshmark purchases on Instagram!
To say that PoshFest was a success would be an understatement, so we’d rather say it through pictures and our favorite soundbites. For those who couldn’t make it this year, we hope that this short and sweet recap will inspire you to join us for all the Posh fun next year:
To welcome all our PoshFest attendees, Manish introduced a very special someone who couldn’t make it, but wanted to send us her Posh love: Rachel Zoe!
One of the most rewarding things about the Poshmark experience is hearing the stories from some remarkable women. Our inspirational speakers, Simonett Pereira and Natasha Bontempo, definitely have a sparkle about them, and they inspire us to knock down any obstacles - no matter how big!
"Jumpstart Your Style" Panel
This fashion-filled talk was moderated by our very own style maven and co-Founder Tracy Sun! She did a phenomenal job engaging our panelists Tracy Espeleta, Jennifer Taler, Mollie Ruiz-Hopper and Simonett Pereira.
We learned that the way you style yourself is the first impression you make with people, that you should never discount the power of a great pair of shoes or a wonderful handbag and that style is bigger than what we wear - it’s how we carry ourselves!
Source: triplyksis on Instagram
"Secrets to Selling Success" Panel
The infamous and oh-so-amazing Kate Franco of Poshmark’s Merchandising Team led an engaging discussion on a topic that all Poshers want to know about: secrets to being a successful seller. With panelists and power Poshers - Brenda Edmondson, Kathy Adams, Alexandra Marquez and Hannah Ouimet - this panel shared so many insights on why passion has a purpose in sales.
We learned that Posh power sellers take into account that time zones extend your window for selling, that building a following through external networks like Twitter or a blog increases your selling influence and the great packaging definitely builds your closet’s brand.
Keynote Speaker: Manish Chandra
From the mind that started it all, PoshFest attendees got an insider look on the company from CEO and Founder, Manish Chandra! It was completely mind-blowing to find out that the number of listings on Poshmark grows by a full Nordstrom’s store every two weeks!
Even though we at PMHQ hear him talk about Poshmark every day, we still get a little starry-eyed hearing about the future and new features of our app.
"Marketing Yourself in the Virtual World" Panel
Maria Morales - Poshmark’s own Senior Marketing Manager and all-around queen of class - moderated the panel on how to market yourself and your closet like a seasoned Poshmark pro. Panelists Kate Heimann, Kathleen Ensign, Caroline R. Fabacher and Kiki Nguyen shared their tips and tricks for Posh popularity!
We learned that Instagram is a great place to find your target market, that spreading the Posh love and sharing the listings of closets with a lot of followers will increase your own closet’s exposure and accurate sizing with the help of a measuring tape will save you time!
The Founders took the PoshFest stage to answer a few of the burning questions you had about the app, the future of Poshmark and their preference for boxers or briefs.
This insightful and intimate talk with the Founders did teach us that private chat on the app isn’t a possibility for now, neither are hashtags, that we’re looking into new features and programs that improve the new seller experience and that having a majority of women in the office definitely makes it a warm (and sparkly) place to be.
As for answering the age-old question of “boxers or briefs,” our very classy Founders replied with a lot of chuckling, but no answer. The Posh world might never know!
Of course, we ended the day with a Posh Party - Vegas style!
Source: mollieinseattle on Instagram
Source: gordomom1 on Instagram
Stay tuned for more PoshFest recaps this week!
Since great style never sleeps, we encourage you to continue showing us how you #POSHSTYLE your favorite Posh purchases on Instagram!
Two stylish Poshers a week who follow Poshmark on Instagram and show us their #POSHSTYLE will win $50 in Posh Credits until 11:59 a.m. PST on October 28, 2013. Yes – that’s a total of 14 winners! See more details below:
How To Enter:
Entering this giveaway is as easy as 1-2-3:
Increase your chances of winning by entering as many times each week as you’d like! Just be sure every entry is different.
For more info, check out our Official Rules here.
Winners Selection: At the end of each week, the Poshmark team will randomly select two lucky winners who will each receive $50 in Posh Credits towards a future purchase on Poshmark. Good luck!
We’ve been packing our bags, and with all the gifts for your PoshFest goodie bag ready to be shipped to Vegas, we hardly have space for our hair curlers and stilettos.
Since we love our Poshers so much, we wanted to give you a little sneak peek at which brands you’re going to find in your limited edition PoshFest gift tote:
France Luxe is a collection of exquisite hair ornaments that outshines any the basic hair accessory. From daytime to nighttime to party time, the collection offers styles that can take you anywhere.
Lovingly handcrafted by the founder and creative director, Compliment is a jewelry company whose products feature genuine Swarovski crystals, authentic gemstones, freshwater pearls, and handblown glass beads. Every product at the Compliment shop comes with a personalized way to say “I love you,” “You are special to me,” or “I’m thinking of you.”
Rivet & Sway is an online eyewear retailer whose dream is to make women feel more beautiful in their glasses - from the inside out. Their eyewear aspires to take women from liking to LOVING their relationship with glasses and how they shop for them.
Outrage Fashion is a jewelry and accessories retailer that sells trendy pieces for prices that are even more fabulous! Their fantastic, high-quality accessories are from the most creative up-and-coming designers.
Love On Print is too-cute-for-words stationery and design prints company that believes inspiration for design can be drawn from a number of things in life including music, architecture, nature, & even food!
RocksBox is a jewelry subscription service that acts as your personal jewelry stylist. With RocksBox, you can experiment with different looks, discover the latest designers, wear new pieces all the time and only buy the jewelry that you truly love.
… and last, but definitely, not least:
The magic of selling your closet from home with Poshmark is made possible in large part thanks to our partner (and business BFF), Endicia. We work together to make running a business from home easy and effortless by providing you with a pre-paid, pre-addressed mailing label that you can print right from home.
Endicia is the leading supplier of e-commerce shipping solutions, teaming up with Poshmark to create the postage labels used by you – our Poshers! – every single day. Together we are all about empowering our business-savvy sellers to turn their closet into cash!
And guess what? Endicia is joining us as one of our sponsors at PoshFest and will be giving away three surprises that will make selling on Poshmark that much easier! Be sure to stop by their table at PoshFest and say hello to enter the giveaway. You’ll also learn about a few of their tools and get some shipping tips and tricks that will make your selling and shipping experience with Poshmark a breeze.
This post is brought to you by:
1. With some of your Posh BFFs packing, plucking and preparing for PoshFest next week, you might feel a little left out in all the fun, but it’s not too late to purchase a ticket to Poshmark’s first ever fashion festival! Coordinate that epic road trip with your girlfriends that you’ve always wanted to have or splurge a little on a weekend getaway to Vegas.
Check out our Eventbrite page for all information on PoshFest, tickets and FAQs!
2. Give a first impression that lasts at PoshFest - with your own super chic business cards! Poshmark and Moo.com are offering you 100 free mini business cards for you to personalize to perfection and pick-up at registration - you only have to pay a $3 shipping fee. Your closet will definitely make a statement at PoshFest!
3. Have you heard? PoshFest 2013’s full schedule is now available on our Eventbrite page! If you’re curious which of your favorite fashion influencers and tastemakers are speaking that weekend, click through for updated information on panels, workshops and more!
4. At PMHQ, we’ve been counting down to PoshFest, and our excitement definitely shows… on our nails! Check out our fun little IG video and see how we’ve been getting ready for Vegas.
5. Headed to Vegas, but stuck on what to pack? Let Poshmark be your guide to all things fashionable and fit for your luggage! This week Kate of @wearinla showed us her PoshFest essentials - from her iPad to business cards - so check out her post here! If you want even more style inspiration for next weekend, check out our “Vegas, Baby!” Pinterest board for everything glitter and gold.