There’s a reason why Tony Bennett left his heart in San Francisco. With so much to fall in love about this oceanside city, it’s no doubt why we call the bay area our home.
The aesthetic of San Francisco offers city chic that never sleeps—a smart, sleek style that is equal parts laid back lovely and sophisticated darling. But more than fashionably fabulous, SF stands for a community that is our family first.
For our LIVE “City Chic” Posh Party, we’re teaming up with 5 amazing San Francisco-based style bloggers and fashion mavens, who will be opening up their closets on Poshmark for you to shop!
If you’re local, we’d love to have you join us! Come mingle, meet, shop, and have a cocktail with the Poshmark team and our co-hosts! Simply shoot us a note to email@example.com by May 28th to get on the guest list (space is limited).
If you’re not in the San Francisco bay area or you can’t attend, don’t you worry! Join us virtually through the Poshmark app or on the web for plenty of Poshmark fun from wherever you may be. Be ready to shop or list all your City Chic wears, including metallic accessories, cap-toe pumps, and more!
Hope to see you there!
1. If you were in San Diego and watching the nightly news on NBC, you probably saw a little Poshmark before bed. We were featured by NBC 7’s Consumer Bob on a segment about turning your closet into a profit, as they interviewed our rockstar user (and friend!), Jocelyn of Bossy Jocey. Watch the clip with us today!
2. Bachelor fans, did you see that we were featured by Michelle Money in a video of her favorite things on her hilarious YouTube Channel? It’s one of our favorite things this week, and that’s why we had to feature it in our Friday Five!
3. We’re nearly at 1,500 followers on Tumblr! Help us get even more love, spread the word, reblog, and follow us! We want to send out our PMHQ updates, fashion-forward news on trends and styles, and love and glitter to all the ladies we can.
4. We California girls love the sand, sun, and summertime fun. With the weather warming up and June fast on its way, get ready for the summer by stocking up on cute crop tops. Here is one we’re particularly wild about, but shop many more on Poshmark here, here, and here.
5. Are you a “Girly Girl” or a “Downtown Chic” lady? Then you are going to want to Posh Party with us all weekend long for our weekend lineup of spectacular parties. Happy Poshmarking!
Finding that first item to list may be the biggest challenge you’ll come across when using Poshmark, but trust us when we say that it’s a hurdle you’ll cross in no time (and with very little effort!). Check out our daily Posh Parties and what our amazing community is selling to get inspiration on what you can list.
Branded Posh Parties. Our first Posh Party every day is focused on a particular set of designers, which vary from day to day. Check out what designer parties are coming up by clicking on the ‘Parties’ tab in the app. Then, open your closet and find those brand-name goodies you love, but no longer wear, and list away!
Category-specific Posh Parties. Another way to browse your closet for pieces to sell is by using our category-themed Posh Parties to help you organize what you’re planning to list. Know that a jewelry and accessories party is coming up? Open up your jewelry case to see what pieces you no longer wear. Or is there a jackets party is happening tomorrow? Reach into your coat closet and pull out last season’s blazers to list.
Style-focused Posh Parties. Our daily Posh Party fun always ends with a party focused on a particular style or trend, such as ‘Work Week Chic’ and ‘Jetset Glamour.’ Use these themes to go through your closet and pull out those items that you feel fit the themes best! For example, if it’s a spring-focused party, then floral skirts, sandals, and sunglasses work. If it’s a date night party, then go through your cocktail dresses and clutches to see which ones need to find a new home.
Combing through your closet for items to sell has never been this easy (and fun)!
1. Calling all glamour girls and limelight ladies! Vanessa Hudgens is on Poshmark and selling her fabulous items for Make-A-Wish Foundation. Her listings officially went live in her closet today, and her clutch and Louboutins are absolutely lustworthy! For more details, check out her blog post about Poshmark and Make-A-Wish! Don’t be shy and give her closet some love:
2. This past Wednesday, we visited the sunny and ever-so-sassy city of San Diego for a LIVE Posh Party! We met an amazing community of Poshmark lovers, fashion influencers, and industry folks who made us feel that warm SoCal Posh Love! Reminisce with us and check out our Facebook album with tons of party pictures. Feel free to tag yourself!
3. Pinterest lovers! As the temperatures are warming up, are you looking for a new springtime look to match the weather? Check out our new Pinterest board, Spring Awakening, for some hot spring trends and style inspirations. We’re reaching nearly 2,000 followers! Help us get there and follow our boards for fashion fun and a little daily glamour!
4. Instagram recently added a new feature called Photos of You, where you can tag your friends in your pictures (similar to Facebook)! Since we’re Instagram smitten, we’re loving this new feature and would love if you’d tag us whenever you’re wearing something darling from Poshmark, sharing your closet, or sending out a fabulous package!
5. For our Weekend Wishlist, we’re lusting over these adorable DVF ballet flats in dusty rose. We can’t get enough of this darling color for spring, and the leopard print adds a little sass to the sugar. Check them out before they’re gone!
Have a wonderful weekend!
1. You may have heard we are headed to the East Coast to throw not one, but two LIVE Posh Parties! If you are in the Philly or DC area we’d love to meet you! For more information and the official invite, check out our blog posts on the Philly and DC events.
2. Whether you love Betsey Johnson or are just looking for a hot new dress for date night, join us virtually for Posh Parties all weekend!
3. Calling all lovers of Poshmark! If you’re showing off your fabulous new Poshmark purchases on your social media channels, be sure to hashtag it “PoshStyle”. We would love to celebrate your new purchase with you (and maybe even share it!).
4. We’re almost 10,000 strong on Instagram, and the love we receive from our Poshmark community can’t be more apparent than it is on Instagram. Follow us for more gorgeous listings, office style, and our adventures across the country at our live Posh Parties!
5. With temperatures getting to sundress weather this weekend, we’re lusting over Stephanie of Honey & Silk’s cut-out lime dress listing. If you find your closet filled with heavy infinity scarves and layers and layers of winter wear, this dress needs to be yours!
The Poshmark Team
DC, do you pledge allegiance to fabulous and fun? Do you believe that every woman should have the freedom to pursue life, love, and a well-stocked shoe rack?
Then, join us for our first ever Posh Party in Washington D.C.! We’re getting our sparkle and fun ready for an unforgettable night at our nation’s capital of sass and style. For our LIVE “Bold and Beautiful” Posh Party, we’re teaming up with 5 amazing DC-based style bloggers and fashion mavens, who will be opening up their closets on Poshmark for you to shop!
What: “Bold and Beautiful” Posh Party
When: Thursday, April 25th, 7-10PM
Where: Lost Society, 2001 14th St NW
RSVP mandatory by April 24th: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re local, we’d love to have you join us! Come mingle, meet, shop, and have a cocktail with the Poshmark team and our co-hosts! Simply shoot us a note to email@example.com by April 22nd to get on the guest list (space is limited).
If you’re not in DC or you can’t attend, don’t you worry! Join us virtually through the Poshmark app or on the web for plenty of Poshmark fun from wherever you may be. Be ready to shop or list all your Bold and Beautiful wears, including statement jewelry, printed skinnies, and more!
Hope to see you there!
With her fashion and beauty hauls, YouTube sensation Nastasza of LagunaBeachLove10 is definitely hauling some serious style perspective, representing the Southern California summer style that makes the Golden State so famous. From studded pumps to American flag crop tops, Nastasza’s closet reminds us of online shopping on Nasty Gal and Topshop. Except her clothes probably have been made famous on her fashion and beauty YouTube channel, lagunabeachlove10.
We’ve known and loved Nastasza since the early PM days, so it was only a matter of time we spent some time asking her a few of our favorite questions about fashion, Poshmark, and spring trends.
This week the Community Team is bringing you a Posh Tip: how to have a listing party!
We all take selfie cover shots and have a time of day to take our photos for creating listings, but having friends over and helping each other out is twice the fun! Read our tips for hosting a listing party of your very own — we’re certain you’re going to want to make this a regular occurrence!
1. Designate a place with good lighting.
Natural lighting is your best friend; find a spot by a window or even better, outside where there’s a mixture of direct light and shade.
2. Have mirrors on hand.
It’s always a good idea to have mirrors handy (full length is nice!) so that you and your guests can style the garment and primp before a photo. Everyone likes to look their best, right?
3. Have different rooms and spaces as changing rooms for your guests.
Privacy to change in and out of pieces will allow your guests to feel comfortable around others. It also adds an element of surprise; you and your friends can dress up an outfit and then emerge from the dressing room with pizzazz!
4. Provide snacks and refreshments.
Having something to nibble or sip on is a fantastic way to break the ice and get the party started. Have wine and cheese, smoothies and veggies, or coffee and pastries ready for your guests; they’ll appreciate it!
The Cure sang about how much they loved Friday, the Weeknd about Thursday, but why doesn’t anyone write any love songs about Monday? At PMHQ, we are absolutely mad about Mondays because we get to share with you bright and bold spring trends and our favorite brands that are being featured in all of our posh parties this week.
Help us welcome back our super sweet Seattle Posh Party hosts, Alix of AlixRose and Jess of FreshJess this week for Thursday’s party. Also, don’t forget to browse the closets of our other ever-so-fabulous hosts: Amie & Donna, Kristen, Jenn, and Kathy!