Fashion blogger and darling Posher - Dhuvri of Stilettos & Sequins - loves to share her passion for style. With NYFW behind us, we’re so excited that she’s taking over the blog today to discuss which trends were hot on the runway this year.
If you’re eager to try out a new look, check out Dhuvri’s host picks at tonight’s Street Style Posh Party!
In this OOTD, I’ve put together an outfit incorporating two of my favorite AW14 trends - gold, red and an absolute staple - leopard. Burgundy is one of my favorite colors to pair with gold. I know some of us are sick of this cold weather, but the fact remains - Winter is my favorite season of the year.
I am so excited to be guest blogging for Poshmark today, and I’m even more thrilled about hosting my first Posh Party tonight - I hope you’ll join
me! Since New York Fashion Week AW14 shows just ended, I thought it would be the perfect time to talk about the top five trends on the AW14 runways:
Checker Print: Whether it’s plaid, gingham, tartan or windowpane, checker prints have been having quite the moment this Fall/Winter, and they are back for Round 2! I’ve worn my share of checker prints on my blog, and I can’t wait to rock more!
Fur: While fur has been a Fall/Winter staple, the AW14 runways were all
about fur in some awesome colors and furry accents.
Gold: Dying, you guys! Designers definitely went for gold for AW14, and
I’m not complaining - I love me some gold! Whether it’s a little or a lot,
don’t be afraid to rock gold!
Red: A bit of a surprise, huh? Bright reds to burgundies, NYFW was
definitely in the red zone!
White: Over the past couple years, designers have been consistently breaking the “No white after Labor Day” rule, and I couldn’t be
happier. I love white, and I’m not gonna stop wearing it … ever!
Are you excited for these trends? What is your favorite?
1. If you watched Good Morning America earlier this week, you might have noticed an ENTIRE segment on Poshmark - starring our CEO and founder, Manish, and darling Posher, Hannah (@hannaho)!
America was buzzing all about Posh, and we couldn’t be happier. Watch the video here:
2. Noticed anything different about Poshmark on the web? We’re always looking for new ways to make your shopping experience easier and even more fabulous, so we’re introducing the “Shop” tab in our navigation menu!
From there, you can choose to shop items by category, Showrooms or a specific brand. To enjoy this and our new Search filters, upgrade or download the new version of the Poshmark app! Learn more about our web update here.
3. Pinterest + Poshmark = oh, the fashion possibilities! Our partner Pinterest understands how important visual inspiration is to spreading the PoshLove. In their Pinterest for Business case study about Poshmark, they’re featuring how we’ve been using the platform to inspire users to pin and shop.
Take a peek at the case study here!
4. OMG. NYFW! The fashion industry is amidst their favorite season, and we want to help you pack and dress the perfect outfit for those headed to New York or to glam it up at the office. Take a look at our "What to Wear" post to make a real street style statement.
5. Valentine’s Day is the ultimate date night. For a wow-worthy dress for the most romantic night of the year, check out our Date Night Posh Party from earlier this month or our Alice + Olivia Dresses Showroom for something a little fun and feminine!
Traveling to the fast-paced capital of fashion for NYFW? Or are you celebrating fashion season in your own hometown and bringing runway chic to the office? Either way, we’ve got you covered so that you can dress to impress at Fashion Week.
Baby, it’s cold out there in NYC! We want to cozy up to a NYFW outfit that has a statement coat that will keep us both warm and stylish, over-the-knee boots for the extra drama, bold, gold and beautiful jewelry and lip color of the year - vibrant orchid!
(Image via Vogue)
Now that NY Fashion Week is over, let’s get right to our highlights from this fun-filled, amazing week!
1. NYFW & IFBCon: New York was filled with inspiration this last week (and plenty of snow)! The week was jam-packed with fashion and Poshmark love: from snapping Street Style pictures in Lincoln Center, hearing panelists speak at the Independent Fashion Bloggers Conference, to meeting up with some rockstar Poshmarkers.
2. Posh Guide: Ever wanted tips on how to make your first sale, reserving an item, or just how to get started using Poshmark? Check out this new Posh Guide which has all these answers and more for you!
3. InstaLove: This week we hit a huge milestone of 6,000 lovely followers on Instagram and we want to say thank you to each and every one of you! How fast can we get to 10K? ;)
4. Posh Package: Yesterday (and everyday for us here at PMHQ, to be honest) was the “official” day of love. While searching through Instagram, we came across one Posh Package that was just bursting with hearts and smiles. How cute is the card and packaging? The thought behind putting this Poshmark package together just blew us away, so we had to share!
5. Party Time. Excellent: Is anyone else excited for a long holiday weekend? Whatever you have planned, whether it be lunch with friends, a nice hike, or date night out, don’t miss out on all the Posh Parties happening three times daily!
PS: #PoshmarkNYFW Instagram Contest Winner Announcement! Thank you to everyone who entered our Instagram Street Style giveaway! We had so many fabulous entries…but a HUGE congrats to Deidre Casey who re-posted this picture!
We’re so excited to kick New York Fashion Week off with a Poshmark Instagram Giveaway, where you have a chance to enter to win $100 Posh Credits to shop your favorite fashion bloggers’ closets! From Thursday, February 7 – Sunday, February 10, 2013, the Poshmark Street Team will be out taking street style photos of some of our favorite NYFW attendees in Lincoln Center and sharing them with you on Instagram.
To enter for your chance to win:
Increase your chances of winning, by entering as many times as you wish.
Giveaway ends at 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, February 10th. One lucky winner will be chosen at random next week!
Good luck, Poshmarkers! Happy Fashion Week!
It’s that time of the year again, where fashionistas from across the country flock to New York City for Fashion Week…and you know we wouldn’t miss out on all the fun! We
stuffed packed our bags and can’t wait for all the excitement to begin. From the Independent Fashion Bloggers Conference tomorrow, to stalking Street Style in Lincoln Center, be sure to follow along our NYFW journey on Twitter and Instagram!
In the NYC area? We would love to meet you!
PS: Stay tuned for a fun Instagram contest in honor of NYFW! Best part? You can enter even if you’re not in NY!
New York Fashion Week has come and gone. We went, we saw, and we’re totally inspired with everything from the spring runway shows, to the fab street style captured throughout all of NYC. Here are some of our NYFW highlights…not to mention an exciting announcement!
1. #NYFWPoshParty: We added a few additional Posh Parties during the day this week to celebrate NYFW. In addition to the amazing listings that coincided with the runway shows themselves, we asked some fun fashion and style questions and want to thank you for joining in on the fashion week Posh Party fun in the app! We hope to have more parties like this in the future because we love hearing what you have to say about your style and how you feel about different trends. In case you missed these Posh Parties, don’t you worry- you can still shop the parties here: “NYFW: Rebecca Minkoff, Nicole Miller & Herve Leger" ,"NYFW: Tory Burch, Zac Posen, & Anna Sui”, & “NYFW: Michael Kors, Rachel Zoe, Nanette Lepore, & Milly”.
2. DVF through Google Glasses: We’re suckers for all-things fashion + tech (for obvious reasons, of course!). That’s why one of our favorite things that popped up post-fashion week came from the ever-inspiring Diane Von Furstenberg. She partnered wit Google Glass to show the world first-hand what it’s like to BE DVF, preparing for fashion week with her team, and what it looks like strutting down the runway. Love.
3. Hangout. Google Style: Another awesome fashion-meets-tech highlight for us was when Lyst invited a handful of ladies (a few a which are local SF friends and Poshmark users) to a Google Hangout to ask questions and interact backstage with different designers and industry peeps! This is inpsiring us to host our own Google Hangout in the future for you! Would you attend?!
4. “Get the Look”: We had a blast recreating a few of our favorite Street Style looks from NYFW using Poshmark finds! We will be doing these posts regularly now so be on the look out on how you can find complete looks on the app!
5. Miami here we come! If you heard our teaser announcement on Twitter, then you now know that the Poshmark team is heading to MIAMI! We will be there 9/27 throwing a LIVE Posh Party with some really fab hosts, so be sure to save the date! We’d love to have you join us in person or in the app. Keep a look out for all the details on our blog next week!
Have you ever perused through your favorite street style blogs oogling over ensembles left and right, wondering how you could recreate the look? Yes, we thought so! That’s why we’re so excited to introduce our new “Get the Look” blog series! We’ll be taking some of our favorite outfits from blogs and stylish lads from across the country and scouring through Poshmark to help you find pieces that pack all the same punch.
Without further adieu, we are kicking it off this week with some oh-so-fab New York Fashion Week Street Style looks!
Get the Look: Burgundy Skirt $12 (Retail Value $18), Sheer Blouse $15 (Retail Value $22), Silver Watch $179 (Retail Value $250) , Statement Sunnies $15 (Retail Value $30), White Handbag $700 (Retail Value $1700)
Get the Look: Sequin Blazer $32 (Retail Value $68), Plain White Tee $5, Python Pants $35 (Retail Value $60), Cream Belt $50, Black Bangle $40 (Retail Value $88), Gold Rim Sunnies $38 (Retail Value $105)