It’s a new week full of PoshFinds waiting to be discovered! Let’s start things off right with a week full of parties surrounding your favorite brands and styles, at prices that you’ll love, too. Shop the curated host picks during the evening parties from style influencers Shennen, Baba, Shanda and Patricia, and our amazing community hosts.
Anyone can spend money on fashion, but it takes a true stylista to master the art of dressing well on a budget. That’s where Kim of Sensible Stylista shines. The Baltimore-based blogger is a pro at integrating trends and personality with classic styles - all without blowing her budget. Knowing when to splurge and maintaining a rotating closet with Poshmark are just some of the keys to her success.
How do you describe your personal style and how has blogging contributed to it?
My personal style’s bold, vibrant, and fun - lots of loud prints and colors! Blogging’s inspired me to take risks. I’ve learned that it’s all about juxtaposition. For example, pairing a girly summer dress with an edgy faux-leather moto jacket - BAMF for sure.
What inspires your style?
All the gorgeous “everyday” women (all shapes and sizes of course) I see in real life and online.
You’re all about smart shopping, what advice do you have for those wanting to look fab on a budget?
Don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty! Go straight to the sale and clearance racks in stores. Trust me, if you want a good deal, you gotta put in time and effort. It’s not easy finding deals you know! Also, be a SMART shopper - save on trendy pieces and splurge on timeless classics you’ll wear forever. Discount stores like TJ Maxx, Ross, Marshalls, Off Saks Fifth, etc., carry designer items for (much) less.
We love how you infuse trends into a classic wardrobe. What’s your secret?
Don’t try and wear too many trends at once, and make sure the trend suits you! Don’t wear or not wear something because it’s “in.” Make it your own! It’s all about confidence. Wear what makes you feel like a rockstar.
As a host of the It Girl Party tonight, what kind of style does an It Girl represent to you?
To me, an It Girl is effortless. She mixes coveted high-end designer faves with equally fabulous flea market finds. She lives and breathes steeze (style + ease).
We are back with a week full of shopping parties, including some all-new themes and new favorite brands to feature. Join style influencers Kim and Alex, along with our community hosts, during the evening parties for curated shopping picks. Plus, the countdown to PoshFest is on and we’re celebrating with a PoshFest or Bust Posh Party on Thursday. Secure your spot before it sells out!
1. Happy August! While back-to-school is just around the corner, we’re still soaking up the summer. Follow our Summer Style board on Pinterest for the ultimate in outfit inspiration while the weather is still warm.
2. One of the most frequently asked questions at PMHQ is how to become a Posh Party host. This week we shared the basic criteria, with more on the way next week. We can’t wait to shop along with you!
3. San Francisco is calling and it wants you to come to PoshFest! Register today for the most stylish event of the year, November 8th-9th, featuring lots of inspiration, empowerment and fun with your PFFs and Team Posh. Secure your spot before it sells out!
4. Did you catch the host picks from last night’s Posh Party? They’re so, so good. Shop them now before they’re snatched up!
5. Lastly, let’s do a virtual hug to Friday and our PFFs. Cheers to the weekend!
We hope you’re rested from the weekend and are gearing up for another great week of Posh Parties! Our favorite brands and styles are back in the spotlight, and this week we have style influencers Ariana, Jaclyn, Taghrid and Kate hosting, along with members of our fabulous Posh community. So set your calendars and let’s get shopping!
Have you ever wondered why some listings sell like a hotcakes and others sit in your closet longer? Today’s Posh Tip explores marketing your closet for the right time of year.
We think it’s valuable to keep in mind the current season, the upcoming season and the overall seasonality of your garments. When listing items in your closet, take into account what the Community may be shopping for in the coming weeks.
A helpful hint: ask yourself what you’ve been shopping for lately. Your thin, lightweight tops, silky shorts and strappy sandals will likely get more interest during the warmer months. When you consider that people are looking to buy in advance of the upcoming season (about six to eight weeks), in- and pre-season items can call for a higher price as they’re more in demand.
At the same time, if you’d really like to move your inventory of thick, chunky sweaters and knee-high leather boots in those same warmer months, consider lowering your price to attract buyers. Nothing is more drool-worthy than a gorgeous, warm coat or jacket with an equally enticing price tag.
In the end, an AH-MAZING deal is an amazing deal regardless of season, but after surveying the PMHQ team, we find our listings get swooped up quicker when we’re catering to the season.
Mirror, mirror on the wall, what is our favorite trend of all? The favorite trend of right now, at least, is mirror print. There’s something fun yet sophisticated about the colorful kaleidoscope pattern when combined with a sleek silhouette. It’s easy to get the look when you shop these closets and more on Poshmark!
By now, we all know the importance of an A+ covershot. It’s your first, and sometimes only, chance to get someone to notice the item you’re selling–so you’d better make it count! A well-styled snapshot just may be your ticket to your next Poshmark sale. Looking for a bit of inspiration? Peep these pretty photos that caught our eye lately and be sure to follow our Covershot inspiration board on Pinterest!
As hard as it is to say goodbye to the weekend, it always helps knowing there’s a full week of shopping parties ahead. This week we have great brands and trends, as well as curated hosting from style influencers Angela, Emily, Sarah, Darci and Jessica, along with our fabulous community hosts. So let’s get shopping!
1. Excuse us while we squeal with excitement over our latest press feature in the New York Times! On Thursday, Poshmark had the spotlight in the stylish pages of the Style section. We loved reading the stories from our community and Team Posh, and especially enjoyed this quote from Rachel Zoe:
“Technology like Poshmark is completely changing the way women discover fashion, creating the ultimate virtual closet where women can draw inspiration from each other. It’s not about selling to customers, it’s about giving them the tools to engage and inspire each other to bring fashion into their lives in new ways.”
2. The love from the Big Apple continued as Poshmark was featured on FOX NYC.
3. In other news, we’re happy to announce the latest feature, Price Drop Notifications! Now, when a seller drops the price of a listing by 10% or more, Poshmark will notify every user who has liked the item directly in their Poshmark newsfeed. We will also send them a push notification and an email to the address associated with their account (click here to learn how to manage notifications). Only one notification will be sent per week on a liked item, so as not to overwhelm users.
So sellers, take advantage of this new tool like Ediza who used it to make dozens of sales in 24 hours!
4. Speaking of tools to help increase sales, bloggers have you installed our handy Closet Widget yet? It’s simple to install and allows you to share your closet with your sellers 24/7.
5. And… this is how we feel about it being Friday. TGIF, Poshers!