1. Thanks to everyone who came out to our LIVE Posh Party in NYC! We loved seeing your Summer in the City style and will post the pics to our Facebook page on Monday. Head there to check it out and be sure to tag yourself!
3. It’s now a proven fact, Poshers are one fabulous bunch. The proof is in #ThePoshLife. Have you joined in our Instagram photo-a-day challenge? You have until June 30th to follow us on Instagram and tag a photo with #ThePoshLife to be entered to win a $250 Posh shopping spree!
4. Looking to create an amazing Covershot? We have just the thing: a Pinterest board dedicated to styling inspirations! Follow us and prepare for a sales boom from your coveted Covershots.
5. World Cup 2014 fever has hit PMHQ! We’ve had a blast watching, cheering and, of course, eating treats!
To say that PoshFest was a success would be an understatement, so we’d rather say it through pictures and our favorite soundbites. For those who couldn’t make it this year, we hope that this short and sweet recap will inspire you to join us for all the Posh fun next year:
To welcome all our PoshFest attendees, Manish introduced a very special someone who couldn’t make it, but wanted to send us her Posh love: Rachel Zoe!
One of the most rewarding things about the Poshmark experience is hearing the stories from some remarkable women. Our inspirational speakers, Simonett Pereira and Natasha Bontempo, definitely have a sparkle about them, and they inspire us to knock down any obstacles - no matter how big!
"Jumpstart Your Style" Panel
This fashion-filled talk was moderated by our very own style maven and co-Founder Tracy Sun! She did a phenomenal job engaging our panelists Tracy Espeleta, Jennifer Taler, Mollie Ruiz-Hopper and Simonett Pereira.
We learned that the way you style yourself is the first impression you make with people, that you should never discount the power of a great pair of shoes or a wonderful handbag and that style is bigger than what we wear - it’s how we carry ourselves!
Source: triplyksis on Instagram
"Secrets to Selling Success" Panel
The infamous and oh-so-amazing Kate Franco of Poshmark’s Merchandising Team led an engaging discussion on a topic that all Poshers want to know about: secrets to being a successful seller. With panelists and power Poshers - Brenda Edmondson, Kathy Adams, Alexandra Marquez and Hannah Ouimet - this panel shared so many insights on why passion has a purpose in sales.
We learned that Posh power sellers take into account that time zones extend your window for selling, that building a following through external networks like Twitter or a blog increases your selling influence and the great packaging definitely builds your closet’s brand.
Keynote Speaker: Manish Chandra
From the mind that started it all, PoshFest attendees got an insider look on the company from CEO and Founder, Manish Chandra! It was completely mind-blowing to find out that the number of listings on Poshmark grows by a full Nordstrom’s store every two weeks!
Even though we at PMHQ hear him talk about Poshmark every day, we still get a little starry-eyed hearing about the future and new features of our app.
"Marketing Yourself in the Virtual World" Panel
Maria Morales - Poshmark’s own Senior Marketing Manager and all-around queen of class - moderated the panel on how to market yourself and your closet like a seasoned Poshmark pro. Panelists Kate Heimann, Kathleen Ensign, Caroline R. Fabacher and Kiki Nguyen shared their tips and tricks for Posh popularity!
We learned that Instagram is a great place to find your target market, that spreading the Posh love and sharing the listings of closets with a lot of followers will increase your own closet’s exposure and accurate sizing with the help of a measuring tape will save you time!
The Founders took the PoshFest stage to answer a few of the burning questions you had about the app, the future of Poshmark and their preference for boxers or briefs.
This insightful and intimate talk with the Founders did teach us that private chat on the app isn’t a possibility for now, neither are hashtags, that we’re looking into new features and programs that improve the new seller experience and that having a majority of women in the office definitely makes it a warm (and sparkly) place to be.
As for answering the age-old question of “boxers or briefs,” our very classy Founders replied with a lot of chuckling, but no answer. The Posh world might never know!
Of course, we ended the day with a Posh Party - Vegas style!
Source: mollieinseattle on Instagram
Source: gordomom1 on Instagram
Stay tuned for more PoshFest recaps this week!
1. The road to PoshFest has us two weeks away from Poshmark’s first ever fashion festival! (cue the music and glitter)
Don’t miss out on this celebration of woman entrepreneurship, Poshmark and you! You can still buy PoshFest tickets and get all the details on our Eventbrite page.
We can’t wait to see you there!
2. Fall is the season for conferences, and our founders are soaking in the limelight to talk about fashion, technology and of course, Poshmark! This past week our CEO and founder Manish Chandra discussed about the wonders of wearable tech at the Glazed Conference in SF. When asked whether Poshers would buy wearable tech, he said that if Michael Kors made a line we definitely would!
On Saturday, October 12th, our co-founder and all-around style queen Tracy Sun will be speaking at the iFabbo San Francisco Conference - so stay tuned!
3. Poshers, we want to send our love out to you for making us an insta-success on Instagram! We’re almost at 20k - and we’d appreciate your extra love and support to push us there! Share our IG with all your favorite people so that we can continue capturing the glitter, glitz and fashion of Poshmark!
4. Yahoo! featured Poshmark and fab user Britney in a recent article on how to make money outside of the normal 9-to-5 job with new moneymaking apps.
Watch Britney’s screen debut and check out the article here!
5. We want to wish you a happy Friday from PMHQ! At the end of the work week, we just want to remind all our working girls and power users out there that:
If you love this and other inspirational quotes, check out our “Words of Wisdom” board on Pinterest!
1. At the Glimpse Conference this past week, our Founder & CEO, Manish Chandra did a dazzling job speaking on the Shopping Discovery Panel. The Glimpse Conference attendees loved so many of his insights that Twitter was buzzing all about it (as were we!).
2. Our happy Pinterest boards are in need of some of your lovin’, Posh community! If you are craving style trends for the summer, new beauty palettes, or even an inspiration board with only shoes, shoes, shoes, follow our Pinterest boards! Help us get to 2000 followers (we’re so close!) and keep spreading that undeniable Posh love.
3. This Posh user is spending her weekend, chillin’ in the best fashion … Poshmarking, keeping hydrated, and gaming! Goes to show you our users are beautiful, fit, and oh so fun! How are you spending your weekend? Share your weekend plans on Instagram! Also, while you’re Instagramming away this weekend, join us for our weekend parties galore!
4. Viral videos! We can’t get enough of them, and they are definitely a staple to our workday wonderland. For today’s video pick, we combined our love for viral videos and our not-so-guilty pleasure, reality shows, in one Jimmy Kimmel short for your Friday work break!
5. From all of us at PMHQ to you, our Posh community, we want to wish you a happy Friday!
Poshmark’s Founder and CEO, Manish Chandra, was invited to be a keynote speaker at the European Ecommerce Conference in Madrid, Spain this week, along with companies such as YouTube, Badgeville, Hotel Tonight, Etsy, and more. This amazing opportunity marked a first for Poshmark: first time speaking about the company and our industry outside of the U.S.!
Manish talked about building a successful community, gave advice on innovating around the mobile platform, and shared some of his personal challenges when launching Poshmark. Some of our favorite takeaways from Manish’s presentation:
Thank you to adigital (Asociación Española de la Economía Digital) for inviting Manish to speak and another HUGE thank you to those who attended his keynote presentation (in person or through the live stream). We loved Tweeting with you and listening to your great questions!
Hasta la próxima vez, España! :)
We have a very exciting announcement and need your help! Poshmark’s CEO + Co-Founder, Manish Chandra, is in the running to be a speaker for panels at the SXSW Interactive Conference, “Mobile Design: The Art of Simplicity” and “Mobile’s Role in Building a Passionate Community” (and who has a more passionate community than we do!?). However, we need your help to get him there!
It would mean the world to us if you could take a few minutes to vote for Manish! Just follow the five steps below to submit your vote:
1. Click here: https://auth.sxsw.com/users/sign_in
2. Click the “Sign Up” link if you haven’t created an account (or sign in if you have one).
3. If you’re signing up for the first time, check your e-mail for the confirmation message and click through the link in the email to confirm your registration.
4. Click on the “Search/ Vote” tab found on the top right of the page and type “Poshmark” into the search bar.
5. Click on the two “thumbs up” buttons to vote for Manish to speak at both of the panels!
That’s it! Thank you all so much for your support! Fingers crossed!
Happy, happy Friday everyone! Don’t let today being Friday the 13th bring you down-we sure aren’t! This week was so amazing, and are excited for this upcoming sunny weekend- can we get a woop woop?! So without further adieu- here are our Friday Five highlights of the week, enjoy!
1. Words of Wisdom- Earlier this week, our Founder & CEO Manish Chandra, attended the Mobile Beat Conference in San Francisco to talk about mobile social commerce (ahem-Poshmark) and the secret to great mobile app design. His interview was featured on Venture Beat so check it out here- GO MANISH!
2. Blog Love! This week we hit our 100th Follower here on Tumblr! Thank you so much for all the support and following along with us on our Poshmark blog! We have some exciting new blog features coming up too so stay tuned!
3. Be sparkly! This weekend we have some glitterific Posh Parties planned for you, so get ready to sparkle and shine! Don’t miss out on the “Leather & Sparkle” party Saturday, and the “Glitz & Glam” party on Sunday!
4. Pretty Packages- Here at PMHQ, we absolutely love seeing your Instagram, Facebook and Twitter updates of items you have purchased on Poshmark! Be sure to share the pretty packaging with us when you get them…or even better yet, share a picture of you wearing the item! Simply tag us (#Poshmark) so you have the chance to be featured on our Facebook Page our here on the blog!
5. Sharing is Caring- Our Poshmark community amazes us more and more each day. We saw this adorable note posted about helping your Posh Friends out by sharing each others closets, and we of course, couldn’t agree more! So don’t forget, if you see a listing you love- be sure to share it! (Thanks to our user Ltran07)
Have a fabulous and stylish weekend Poshmarkers!