Attention, bloggers! We’re thrilled to let you know that we have launched our highly-anticipated closet widgets - woohoo! This customizable, real-time tool is the perfect way to encourage your blog readers, fans, and followers to shop your closet directly from your blog or website at any time, 24/7. The widgets are clean and sleek, blending in well within the sidebars across a variety of blog layouts and formats.
Creating and adding the widget to your blog takes just a few minutes. Simply go to: http://poshmark.com/widget/generator (you’ll need to be signed in to your account).
Bonus: We’ve added a “My Favorite Closets” section on the widget so you can add up to five of your favorite Poshmark closets (using their username). They’ll receive an email letting them know you’re showing them Posh Love on your blog!
So what are you waiting for? Create your widget now and monetize your closet even more!
Poshmark connects stylemates from across the country. The more stylemates you have, the higher the chances are that you will sell items from your closet. That’s why growing your following count is important. Here are some of our simple tips on how you can grow your Poshmark network:
Tip 1: Search to find others like you. Use Poshmark’s search functionality and ‘My Size’ feature to find listings that are exactly your size. When you spot something you like, click through and check out the rest of the closet. You’ll come across plenty of stylemates who will also love to shop your closet, so follow and begin engaging with them!
Tip 2: Share Posh Love. Come across something that you like and you think others will like as well? Share it! Trust us when we say that the shares you help spread will get returned, which can result in new followers and sales!
Tip 3: Be active in Posh Parties. Make your presence known during a time when a high number of women are on Poshmark at the same time by joining, sharing, and engaging in Posh Parties! Everyone, not just your followers, can view your items and those you share in a Posh Party, so use this as an opportunity to recruit new closet followers. Just remember to stay in-theme when listing and sharing to the parties!
Tip 4: Recruit your real world friends to join Poshmark. Chances are that you and your real world friends have similar tastes when it comes to fashion. Encourage them to join Poshmark so they can list their own items, follow you, and shop your closet!
Tip 5: Take advantage of social media. Make Poshmark a part of your regular social media routine to help build viral buzz for your Poshmark closet and activity. Added a new listing? See a pair of shoes you think one of your social media friends would like? Shipping out sales with extra-cute packaging? Use Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube to spread the word and connect with those in other social networks.
At Poshmark, we’re all about helping you fall in love with your closet again. How? By selling the fashions you love, but no longer wear and using the money you make to buy what you really love today!
1. List an item for sale. It’s easy and fun! Snap photos of the item you want to sell with your phone, fill out basic information, and…voila! You’ve created a listing!
2. Your item sold! Now what? Print out the shipping label we send you via email, attach it to your package, and send it off USPS. Poshmark will handle everything else!
3. Poshmark will release your money to you once your buyer accepts your item (or 3 days have passed since she received the item)!
4. Take your earnings and use them to buy that designer handbag or gorgeous heels you “Liked” on Poshmark and can’t stop thinking about! Win-win!
Women across the country are making hundreds, if not thousands of dollars a month right NOW. The best part? They’re doing it all through Poshmark! Read on to get inspired by three real - and very different - Poshmarkers.
Case Study #1: A 20-something southern California Poshmarker fell in love with how easy the entire selling process is on Poshmark and in just four months, she has been able to sell over $15,000 worth of merchandise. Poshmark has given her the opportunity to make money (and have fun doing so), while being a stay-at-home mom to her young daughter.
Case Study #2: This 47-year old Texan makes $150-$200 a month on Poshmark selling clothes that don’t fit or that she no longer has interest in wearing. She loves that Poshmark gives her the opportunity to get prices for her items that she normally wouldn’t get at consignment stores.
Case Study #3: A savvy 30-something in Boston loves using Poshmark to connect with stylemates from across the country. She regularly shops their closets on Poshmark…using the $300-$500 a month she’s making by listing her own items!
Create listings, sell items, make money. We think that’s about as good as it gets.
Did you know that closets with more than 10 listings sell more than those with less? That’s right! One of the secrets to being a successful seller on Poshmark lies in your very own closet.
A full closet is a trustworthy closet. Show potential buyers that you’re serious about your Poshmarking! By regularly adding items to your closet, fellow Poshmarkers will trust not only your style, but they’ll also see you’re active and mean serious fashion business!
Variety is key. Think of your Poshmark closet as a your virtual boutique. The more variety and types of merchandise you have, the likelihood that a potential buyer finds something she wants to buy is much higher. Score!
Bundle this, bundle that. The more listings you have in your closet, the more likely it will be that you sell bundles! Bundles are individual listings that include multiple items from your closet and are sold to one buyer (so they only have to hit the buy button and pay for shipping once). Cha-ching!
Note: Please remember that our standard shipping label is for a 2 lb. package. If your bundle is greater than 2 lbs., you will need to upgrade the label. You can do this directly from the app.
This may have been just a three-day work week (short, yet oh-so-sweet), but we definitely want to share our five highlights with you!
1. Closet Clean Out: With ringing in the New Year, comes resolutions and we definitely have seen a lot of you take advantage of Poshmark by doing a major closet clean out! There is no time like the present to move the old out and welcome the new in! What are you waiting for? Clean out that closet—we can’t wait to see your new listings!
2. Favorite Shopping App of 2012: That’s right! Poshmark was mentioned as one of Tech Crunch’s favorite shopping apps of 2012-what an honor! In addition, Style Caster News mentioned Poshmark as a great way to capitalize on your closet…and we couldn’t agree more! Check out the full article on How to Shop Smart!
3. Making Money: This week we were blown away with how many of you made your very first sales and we just want to send a big “Congrats!” We know it’s the best feeling ever to know your item is going to a loving new home…and making a little extra cash along the way truly never hurts! ;)
4. Posh Tips: You ask, we listened! If you haven’t yet check out our “Posh Tips" series, we highly suggest doing so! We know you all have questions about using Poshmark, which is why we did our best to answer the most popular topics such as "How to Make Your First Sale" to "How to Ship" and more!
5. So Much Love: You all have just made the first week of 2013 so special already by Tweeting us sweet messages, Instagramming your new purchases, and so much more—so PLEASE keep ‘em coming! Also, Poshmark just signed up for Pose, so if you are also on, please follow us for even more fashion fun!
We know you have handfuls of clothes, jewelry, and accessories that are collecting dust in your closet. The list below will help you de-clutter and turn those once-loved items into cash on Poshmark.
Here are a few ideas of items to list that we know every girl has in her closet:
So get to it! Unlock that treasure and make room—and money—for things you really love today!
New to Poshmark? No problem! We think you’ll find selling on Poshmark so easy that you’ll wonder why you haven’t tried it before.
Here’s how it works: List. Ship. Earn. It’s really as simple as 1-2-3.
Step 1: List Your Item.
Start by finding an item in your closet that you love but just don’t wear anymore. For example, do you have….
Then, list them for sale on Poshmark! It’s easy and free.
Step 2: Ship Your Item.
Once your item sells, let EasyShip do the hard work. We send you a pre-paid pre-addressed shipping label. All you have to do is print it out, package up the item, and drop it off at the corner mailbox (if it fits) or at the nearest US Post Office. No stamps, no hassle!
Step 3: Earn Cash.
You can withdraw your earnings from Poshmark anytime…for free! Deposit your money directly into your checking account, request a check, or use the cash to purchase directly on Poshmark. You choose.
So here’s how our fees work: When you make a sale, we will deduct a 20% commission fee from your earnings. This means that you keep 80% of the sale price as your earnings.
Here’s what you get in return: We handle the financial transaction for you (including paying all those pesky credit card fees), provide you with a pre-paid pre-addressed shipping label, and will serve as your customer support team for your sale.
Once you see how simple and easy selling is on Poshmark, you will fall in love with your closet…again. Sell what you have in your closet so you can shop for what you REALLY love today.