It’s been one fabulous year filled with fashion, glitter and our ahh-mazing Poshmark community. We had so many wonderful firsts - from Poshmark on Android to jetsetting to Vegas for PoshFest to our shiny new Showrooms feature - that 2013 is the year to remember. To top it all off, we celebrated our 2nd birthday at PMHQ and across the country with the ladies who made it possible: our community.
Here’s to another app-solutely stylish year!
1. Hello, world! If you haven’t heard all the buzz, we’ve welcomed a new addition to our Posh family: the Poshmark app for Android! To learn more, check out our blog post! #POSHDROID
2. Our Founder & CEO, Manish, spoke about the dawn of the future with mobile - and to spread Posh love, of course - at SF’s Open Mobile Summit this week. When fashion and tech collides, there’s twice as more fun!
3. Missed out on the fabulous finds of Isabel Marant for H&M on opening day? Find your perfect size and item on Poshmark without the stress of the in-store craziness! Just search for Isabel Marant for H&M on the app.
4. With our new Android app, we’re welcoming an entire family of new Posh users! Our handy Posh Guide can answer all your new user questions. Check it out here!
5. Fridays are for inspiration! Celebrate TGIF with Poshmark by taking on the adventure of this inspirational post. To get more inspired, check out our “Words of Wisdom” Pinterest board.
Source: kwistenm on Instagram
Day 2 at PoshFest called for our fab attendees to get up-close and personal at workshops that were led by power Poshers and Team Posh! From learning the tips and trick to being a rockstar user to understanding why spreading the PoshLove is SO important, these intimate sessions definitely sparked the most ahh-mazing conversations.
"Spreading the PoshLove: How to Build Relationships That Matter"
Moderated by the lovely Lyann, Poshmark’s Director of Community, and our workshop speaker, Charis Gailard, this workshop had the entire room tearing up just a little bit as we shared our own personal stories on how relationships on the app have changed our lives. We learned that Poshmark not only connects us all as women across the country, but through generations of daughters and mothers using the app!
"Like a Boss: How to Start a Business on Poshmark"
Source: missaisha555 on Instagram
This hot topic had us all eyes and ears with our notebooks ready in hand! In a discussion led by Director of Marketplace Operations, Olivia Tam, power user and businesswoman Evelyne Teman shared her experience of creating a booming Posh empire, turning her garage into a merchandise warehouse and using the app to connect with customers all over the country.
"Power Users Tips and Tricks"
Source: FashionableeME on Twitter
Bubbly and bold power user and Community team member, Adiel Cloud, dug deep in her bag of tips and tricks to show our attendees how they can go above and beyond with their Posh etiquette! From using the handy USPS app to describing your item like a seasoned Posher, this workshop covered all Posh tips from A(pp) to Z!
To say that PoshFest was a success would be an understatement, so we’d rather say it through pictures and our favorite soundbites. For those who couldn’t make it this year, we hope that this short and sweet recap will inspire you to join us for all the Posh fun next year:
To welcome all our PoshFest attendees, Manish introduced a very special someone who couldn’t make it, but wanted to send us her Posh love: Rachel Zoe!
One of the most rewarding things about the Poshmark experience is hearing the stories from some remarkable women. Our inspirational speakers, Simonett Pereira and Natasha Bontempo, definitely have a sparkle about them, and they inspire us to knock down any obstacles - no matter how big!
"Jumpstart Your Style" Panel
This fashion-filled talk was moderated by our very own style maven and co-Founder Tracy Sun! She did a phenomenal job engaging our panelists Tracy Espeleta, Jennifer Taler, Mollie Ruiz-Hopper and Simonett Pereira.
We learned that the way you style yourself is the first impression you make with people, that you should never discount the power of a great pair of shoes or a wonderful handbag and that style is bigger than what we wear - it’s how we carry ourselves!
Source: triplyksis on Instagram
"Secrets to Selling Success" Panel
The infamous and oh-so-amazing Kate Franco of Poshmark’s Merchandising Team led an engaging discussion on a topic that all Poshers want to know about: secrets to being a successful seller. With panelists and power Poshers - Brenda Edmondson, Kathy Adams, Alexandra Marquez and Hannah Ouimet - this panel shared so many insights on why passion has a purpose in sales.
We learned that Posh power sellers take into account that time zones extend your window for selling, that building a following through external networks like Twitter or a blog increases your selling influence and the great packaging definitely builds your closet’s brand.
Keynote Speaker: Manish Chandra
From the mind that started it all, PoshFest attendees got an insider look on the company from CEO and Founder, Manish Chandra! It was completely mind-blowing to find out that the number of listings on Poshmark grows by a full Nordstrom’s store every two weeks!
Even though we at PMHQ hear him talk about Poshmark every day, we still get a little starry-eyed hearing about the future and new features of our app.
"Marketing Yourself in the Virtual World" Panel
Maria Morales - Poshmark’s own Senior Marketing Manager and all-around queen of class - moderated the panel on how to market yourself and your closet like a seasoned Poshmark pro. Panelists Kate Heimann, Kathleen Ensign, Caroline R. Fabacher and Kiki Nguyen shared their tips and tricks for Posh popularity!
We learned that Instagram is a great place to find your target market, that spreading the Posh love and sharing the listings of closets with a lot of followers will increase your own closet’s exposure and accurate sizing with the help of a measuring tape will save you time!
The Founders took the PoshFest stage to answer a few of the burning questions you had about the app, the future of Poshmark and their preference for boxers or briefs.
This insightful and intimate talk with the Founders did teach us that private chat on the app isn’t a possibility for now, neither are hashtags, that we’re looking into new features and programs that improve the new seller experience and that having a majority of women in the office definitely makes it a warm (and sparkly) place to be.
As for answering the age-old question of “boxers or briefs,” our very classy Founders replied with a lot of chuckling, but no answer. The Posh world might never know!
Of course, we ended the day with a Posh Party - Vegas style!
Source: mollieinseattle on Instagram
Source: gordomom1 on Instagram
Stay tuned for more PoshFest recaps this week!
We’ve been packing our bags, and with all the gifts for your PoshFest goodie bag ready to be shipped to Vegas, we hardly have space for our hair curlers and stilettos.
Since we love our Poshers so much, we wanted to give you a little sneak peek at which brands you’re going to find in your limited edition PoshFest gift tote:
France Luxe is a collection of exquisite hair ornaments that outshines any the basic hair accessory. From daytime to nighttime to party time, the collection offers styles that can take you anywhere.
Lovingly handcrafted by the founder and creative director, Compliment is a jewelry company whose products feature genuine Swarovski crystals, authentic gemstones, freshwater pearls, and handblown glass beads. Every product at the Compliment shop comes with a personalized way to say “I love you,” “You are special to me,” or “I’m thinking of you.”
Rivet & Sway is an online eyewear retailer whose dream is to make women feel more beautiful in their glasses - from the inside out. Their eyewear aspires to take women from liking to LOVING their relationship with glasses and how they shop for them.
Outrage Fashion is a jewelry and accessories retailer that sells trendy pieces for prices that are even more fabulous! Their fantastic, high-quality accessories are from the most creative up-and-coming designers.
Love On Print is too-cute-for-words stationery and design prints company that believes inspiration for design can be drawn from a number of things in life including music, architecture, nature, & even food!
RocksBox is a jewelry subscription service that acts as your personal jewelry stylist. With RocksBox, you can experiment with different looks, discover the latest designers, wear new pieces all the time and only buy the jewelry that you truly love.
… and last, but definitely, not least:
1. With some of your Posh BFFs packing, plucking and preparing for PoshFest next week, you might feel a little left out in all the fun, but it’s not too late to purchase a ticket to Poshmark’s first ever fashion festival! Coordinate that epic road trip with your girlfriends that you’ve always wanted to have or splurge a little on a weekend getaway to Vegas.
Check out our Eventbrite page for all information on PoshFest, tickets and FAQs!
2. Give a first impression that lasts at PoshFest - with your own super chic business cards! Poshmark and Moo.com are offering you 100 free mini business cards for you to personalize to perfection and pick-up at registration - you only have to pay a $3 shipping fee. Your closet will definitely make a statement at PoshFest!
3. Have you heard? PoshFest 2013’s full schedule is now available on our Eventbrite page! If you’re curious which of your favorite fashion influencers and tastemakers are speaking that weekend, click through for updated information on panels, workshops and more!
4. At PMHQ, we’ve been counting down to PoshFest, and our excitement definitely shows… on our nails! Check out our fun little IG video and see how we’ve been getting ready for Vegas.
5. Headed to Vegas, but stuck on what to pack? Let Poshmark be your guide to all things fashionable and fit for your luggage! This week Kate of @wearinla showed us her PoshFest essentials - from her iPad to business cards - so check out her post here! If you want even more style inspiration for next weekend, check out our “Vegas, Baby!” Pinterest board for everything glitter and gold.
PoshFest is not only a great opportunity to learn how to take your closet to the next level, meet Team Posh and Posh Party the night away - it’s the perfect event to build your professional and social networks and make connections that will last you beyond the weekend.
We definitely believe that building relationships matter when it comes to your closet (and life in general). Here are a few tricks and tips for networking with style:
1. Come prepared. In networking events, you meet so many faces that it’s hard to remember everyone you meet, and business cards are the perfect way to leave an impression that lasts. Don’t have your own personalized business card? Poshmark and Moo.com have teamed up to offer you 100 FREE (yes, that beautiful word) mini business cards - available for pick-up at PoshFest! The only thing you have to pay for is $3 shipping! Hurry - this offer only lasts until October 13 11:50PM EST!
2. Share your Posh story. Don’t know what to say at networking events? At PoshFest, women from across the country and all walks of life are coming together to share their common love for Poshmark, and they want to know your Posh story! It’ll definitely spark tons of other conversations!
3. Follow up, ladies! The only way to build lasting connections beyond Vegas is to follow up with your new friends. Shoot them an email, say hi on Instagram, or of course send a nice little comment on Poshmark!
With a little patience and a lot of Posh love, these connections might last you a lifetime. If you want to make new Posh BFFs in Vegas, get your ticket for PoshFest 2013 on our Eventbrite page.
1. The road to PoshFest has us two weeks away from Poshmark’s first ever fashion festival! (cue the music and glitter)
Don’t miss out on this celebration of woman entrepreneurship, Poshmark and you! You can still buy PoshFest tickets and get all the details on our Eventbrite page.
We can’t wait to see you there!
2. Fall is the season for conferences, and our founders are soaking in the limelight to talk about fashion, technology and of course, Poshmark! This past week our CEO and founder Manish Chandra discussed about the wonders of wearable tech at the Glazed Conference in SF. When asked whether Poshers would buy wearable tech, he said that if Michael Kors made a line we definitely would!
On Saturday, October 12th, our co-founder and all-around style queen Tracy Sun will be speaking at the iFabbo San Francisco Conference - so stay tuned!
3. Poshers, we want to send our love out to you for making us an insta-success on Instagram! We’re almost at 20k - and we’d appreciate your extra love and support to push us there! Share our IG with all your favorite people so that we can continue capturing the glitter, glitz and fashion of Poshmark!
4. Yahoo! featured Poshmark and fab user Britney in a recent article on how to make money outside of the normal 9-to-5 job with new moneymaking apps.
Watch Britney’s screen debut and check out the article here!
5. We want to wish you a happy Friday from PMHQ! At the end of the work week, we just want to remind all our working girls and power users out there that:
If you love this and other inspirational quotes, check out our “Words of Wisdom” board on Pinterest!
We’re about a month away from PoshFest, but it’s not too late to get your PoshFest ticket! Guarantee your spot today at our Eventbrite page - space is limited.
Stay calm and Posh on! In today’s blog post, we want to make your trip to Vegas easy breezy so that you can save all your energy for PoshFest on October 19-20th.
Sit back, relax and let us do the hotel and travel research:
If you are in college with a limited budget, Student Universe offers discounted flights to Vegas for the traveling student! You can grab a flight from SFO to Vegas (and back) for as low as $168 - nonstop!
If you really want to fly in style, our airline favorite - Virgin America - is offering a Fall promotion with flights to Vegas that will leave you with a little extra $$ for shopping on the Strip.
SAN FRANCISCO to VEGAS: $59 (one way)
NEW YORK to VEGAS: $149 (one way)
LOS ANGELES to VEGAS: $49 (one way)
The only catch is that you have to book your flight by September 18th (tomorrow) to grab this ahh-mazing deal.
With your travel troubles gone, all you need is to find a fabulous hotel for your weekend getaway! Poshmark has partnered with The Cosmpolitan of Las Vegas to offer you rooms at their gorgeous hotel for a discounted price for October 18th and 19th.
You will only be able to book at this rate until September 27th, so don’t delay!
For more information on PoshFest and how to book your stay at The Cosmo, check out our Eventbrite page under FAQs!
We can’t wait to see you there.