1. Team Posh can’t stop and won’t stop having fun at work! This week we celebrated February at our monthly themed Happy Hour, and PMHQ took it back to the 90s. With a little Wu Tang Punch and Poshables (think Lunchables with a stylish twist), we danced to our slow jam favorites and some Spice Girls.
2. If you think Poshmark is the best app ever, please vote for us for the Best App Ever Awards - under the “Best Shopping App” category. Voting is super easy.
All you need is to go to the Nominees page here and click “Vote for this app” next to our icon. If you’re feeling a little extra PoshLove, share on social media and ask your other PFFs to vote as well! Voting ends March 15th, so don’t be shy and show us some <3 today.
3. Are you in serious shopping mode for the up-coming spring season?
Well, Poshmark Showrooms are the perfect shopping destination for new trends! Read up on which Showroom listings are must-haves for PMHQ here. While you’re waiting for the weather to be more fabulous, browse through our Showroom of the day: Jumpsuits & Rompers!
4. Just like your real life besties, Poshmark loves it when you share how you style your favorite purchases. Use the hashtag “PoshStyle” on Instagram and Twitter and show us how love wearing your Posh purchases, and your OOTD might be featured by us!
5. Friday is definitely for laughter, and we can’t get enough of it here at PMHQ. So we’re starting the weekend off with a giggle-worthy video that will make you think, “What about cupcakes for dinner tonight?”
(Really. Why not?)
We often hear Poshers wondering how their listings can be chosen as a coveted Host Pick. Because Posh Parties are hosted by different users every day, it’s hard to say there is an exact formula that will guarantee your item will be shared by a party co-host. However, we do know there are a few things that come in to play.
Read on to see four ways to better your chances of getting that Host Pick email notification:
Know Poshmark’s Policies
Party hosts are asked to only share items that meet Poshmark’s selling guidelines and from closets who follow Poshmark’s policies. To nab a spot in the Host Pick showroom, read up on the rules by checking out the Posh Guide and committing the Community Guidelines to memory.
Perfect Your Covershot Style
Nothing catches the eye of a Posh Party host like a clear and stylized covershot. Check out our tips on how to create a great listing!
Being an active and social member of the Poshmark community is a great way to get on the radar of a party host. Share, comment and like other Poshers’ listings to grow your personal network as well as your chance to have your listing appear in that showroom!
Get Your Party On
Make sure to attend every evening party and share only listings that are most relevant to the theme. Some hosts may simply choose to scroll through items that are being shared to the party. The more on-theme items you share, the greater your chances are.
With these things in mind, your chances to have a Posh Party co-host notice your listings are sure to soar. We can’t wait to see your fantastic listings in a Host Pick showroom soon!
Today is an extra special day at PMHQ. Poshmark is turning two! It’s all thanks to our fabulous community whose passion for style, shopping and sisterhood inspire us to grow Poshmark to where it is now.
Tonight from Seattle to Boston, Poshers near and far are going to be celebrating Year Two at their hometown birthday bashes. In our native San Francisco bay area, we are throwing a night to remember filled with fab food, dancing and of course, sparkle.
Can’t make us to our birthday bash? Follow the hashtag PoshmarkTurns2 on social media to cyber celebrate with us.
Looking for your favorite Jeffrey Campbell boots for under $100? Or maybe you’re on the hunt for a wow-worthy sequined dress for a holiday party? We’re always working on ways to make your shopping experience even better and we know that improving how you discover fabulous listings is the way to go.
This week, we’re launching a new feature called Showrooms: another way to shop, explore, and discover new listings through shoppable collections of trends and brands, such as “J. Crew Jewelry under $50” or “Moto & Biker Jackets.”
At the moment, this new feature is only available for iOS, but stay tuned, Android Poshers! Be sure to upgrade to the latest version of the Poshmark app in order to shop our shiny new Showrooms!
Follow these simple steps to access Showrooms:
1. Open up the app and click on the “Search” tab on your “Feed.”
2. Under the “Search Listings” bar, a few Showrooms will be available for browsing and shopping. You can also choose to expand the list by clicking on “More Showrooms.”
3. Click on a Showroom of your choice, and voila - shopping made even easier!
The Showrooms will change daily, so make sure you check back often. Happy Poshing!
Not only is Poshmark a community of fashion friends who love buying and selling their closets - we also hope that we’re making an impact in Silicon Valley as an e-commerce app!
Voting for Poshmark at the 7th Annual Crunchies Awards is an opportunity for you to show the tech world why you Posh all day everyday.
You <3 Poshmark! How do you vote? It’s super easy! Just follow these steps:
1. Click here to go to the 2013 Crunchies Nomination page.
2a. Type in and nominate “Poshmark” for the following categories:
- Best Collaborative Consumption Company
- Best E-Commerce Application
- Best Mobile Application
- Best Overall Startup 2013
Type in and nominate “Manish Chandra” for the following categories:
- Founder of the Year
- CEO of the Year
3. Share your nominations on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn and encourage your friends and other fellow Poshers to vote!
4. Since you can vote for Poshmark once per day until Sunday, December 15th at 11:59PM PST, please continue nominating us and spread the POSHLOVE!
Thank you for all your love and support, Poshers!
1. Save the date! Poshmark is turning two this holiday season, and we’re inviting you to celebrate with us at Poshmark HQ on Friday, December 6th! Stay tuned for the official invite and further details on the blog. It’s the most POSH time of the year, so don’t forget to save the date.
2. Have you heard? Poshmark for Android has recently joined the Posh family! Now, you can sell and shop from wherever, whenever. Our app is available for download for iPhone, iPad, and Android! (Fun for the whole family of devices - hurray!)
4. Tis the season to be shopping on Poshmark. Too busy to do holiday shopping? You can buy for the most unique (and stylish) gifts for your fashionable friends - all from your mobile phone! Shop for your loved ones and a little something-something to wear for all your holiday parties. Talk about a gift that keeps on giving!
5. Get ready for some Friday funnies! At PMHQ, we love to laugh and send each other our favorite viral links. From sassy pugs to babies, babies, babies, we can’t get enough. To celebrate Friday, we want to share with you some a list of irresistibly funny GIFs from Buzzfeed.
The wait is now officially over. We’re so excited to announce the launch of our Poshmark for Android app in the Google Play Store! That’s right - sell and shop from wherever, whenever no matter your smartphone!
Already on Poshmark? Then invite your friends and family to be part of the Poshmark experience — we know they’ll love it just as much as you do! Plus, the more women that we get to join us on Poshmark, the more closets we get to shop and the more we get to sell!
Here are a couple of ways to help spread the Posh word:
Refer your contacts! If they use your referral code, you’ll both earn a $5 Posh Credit! (Offer valid for up to 10 invites)
Join us in spreading the word on Twitter! Don’t forget to use our official Poshmark for Android hashtag so we can show you some love right back to you: #PoshDroid. Here are some example Tweets that you can feel free to use:
From all of us at PMHQ, we thank you for your dedication, passion, and the amount of love you show us and your fellow Poshers each and every day. We are more than ready to embark on this next chapter with you!
We’re sure every Posher can agree, one can never have too many photo enhancing tools in their Posh arsenal. A while back we shared three apps to make your photos shine and we figured we were long overdue in sharing a few more of our favorites.
1. InstaFrame - Free
We’ve all been there; sometimes we want to put multiple images together in one. InstaFrame is one app where you can pull together many images into one great collage. This app also allows you to add fun frames or even add text. Download in iTunes
2. VSCOcam - Free + In-App Purchase
This powerful editing app allows you take your covershot and fine tune every little detail. We love their selection of preset filters and the opportunity to purchase more, but for those who desire more control over their editing, they also have a individual tools to achieve your own final look. Download in iTunes
3. Over - $1.99 + In-App Purchase
Adding text to a Covershot is a fun way to easily communicate small details about your listing. The app Over allows you to add beautiful text and fun icons to your images. They have a great selection of attractive fonts and a few icon packs with the opportunity to purchase additional options. Download in iTunes
Whether you like to jazz up your Covershots with a fun frame, or enhanced with fabulous filters, have fun and let your photos shine!
We’re definitely feeling the love from our amazing community day in and day out at Poshmark HQ thanks to your positive comments, feedback, and suggestions. That’s why we’re so excited to let you know that we have a spankin’ new version of the app available NOW in the App Store that incorporates many of your suggestions, new tools to help you discover products, and so much more! Go on and update to see it for yourself!
In this update:
Your ‘My Likes’ & the Search Tool Are Now in A New, More Convenient Location! We’ve made your main Feed even prettier and more useful with easier access to the listings you’ve liked and to our Search tool. Find them by clicking on the ‘Feed’ tab at the bottom-left hand corner of the app.
Updated ‘My Size’ Filter: Hello, personalized shopping! We’ve now made it even easier to customize your search results and shop past Posh Parties by viewing products across all categories that are only your size.
To set your ‘My Size’ Filter:
To search for items in your size:
New ‘Price Filter’ in Search: Have a specific budget in mind when shopping for your next designer handbag? No problem! You can now filter your search results and shop past Posh Parties with our new ‘Price Filter’ to see items for sale that fall into your desired price range.
To set your Price Filter:
Posh Etiquette: Ever wonder how to become a rockstar Poshmarker and an amazing brand ambassador within our community? Then be sure to read our new “Poshmark Etiquette” at any time in the app for a few simple, straightforward community dos and don’ts.
To access, click on your profile tab at the bottom right corner of the app. Select the ‘Posh Etiquette’ option at the top of the screen.
iPad App: Updated Look: Our iPad app got an upgrade - and we hope you love it as much as we do! Check out the fresh new layout of your closet, past Posh Parties, and all of the browse/search pages.
We hope you enjoy these sweet new features. Happy Poshmarking!