1. This week Poshmark released our first-ever Closet- Sharing Economy Report on peer-to-peer retail trends because we wanted to let you - the buyers and sellers - know all about the marketplace you know and love! Curious what the top selling brands on Poshmark are? What moves the fastest from listing to sale? When the best time to be on the app is? Check out this infographic recapping 2013 on Poshmark:
2. Insta-cuties! We are so happy to finally celebrate reaching 25k followers on Instagram this week. Our fabulous Posh community is the reason why we love posting all things fashion, fun and Poshmark, and you definitely helped us grow from 5k last January to five times as much - all in one year! Spread the PoshLove and encourage your PFFs to follow us on IG (if they haven’t already)!
3. Do you know what we love more than seeing Poshmark on TV? Seeing one of our Posh babes share how much she loves Poshmark on TV! On our very own local ABC 7 (SF), Posher Lauren did a fabulous job sharing how our app makes it possible for her to have all the trends she wants - even in the limited SF apartment space. Read all about it here!
4. Teen Vogue (yes, editorial home of cute, chic and trendy) and Poshmark have partnered together to give away a Nexus 7 Tablet so that one lucky gal can use it to build her own dream closet! To find out you can win, check out the contest details here!
5. Running out of ideas to dazzle your winter look? Check out the official Poshmark Pinterest - especially our “Sweater Weather” board - for a winter wonderland of cozy knits, accessorizing in print and lovely trends galore!
New York Fashion Week has come and gone. We went, we saw, and we’re totally inspired with everything from the spring runway shows, to the fab street style captured throughout all of NYC. Here are some of our NYFW highlights…not to mention an exciting announcement!
1. #NYFWPoshParty: We added a few additional Posh Parties during the day this week to celebrate NYFW. In addition to the amazing listings that coincided with the runway shows themselves, we asked some fun fashion and style questions and want to thank you for joining in on the fashion week Posh Party fun in the app! We hope to have more parties like this in the future because we love hearing what you have to say about your style and how you feel about different trends. In case you missed these Posh Parties, don’t you worry- you can still shop the parties here: “NYFW: Rebecca Minkoff, Nicole Miller & Herve Leger" ,"NYFW: Tory Burch, Zac Posen, & Anna Sui”, & “NYFW: Michael Kors, Rachel Zoe, Nanette Lepore, & Milly”.
2. DVF through Google Glasses: We’re suckers for all-things fashion + tech (for obvious reasons, of course!). That’s why one of our favorite things that popped up post-fashion week came from the ever-inspiring Diane Von Furstenberg. She partnered wit Google Glass to show the world first-hand what it’s like to BE DVF, preparing for fashion week with her team, and what it looks like strutting down the runway. Love.
3. Hangout. Google Style: Another awesome fashion-meets-tech highlight for us was when Lyst invited a handful of ladies (a few a which are local SF friends and Poshmark users) to a Google Hangout to ask questions and interact backstage with different designers and industry peeps! This is inpsiring us to host our own Google Hangout in the future for you! Would you attend?!
4. “Get the Look”: We had a blast recreating a few of our favorite Street Style looks from NYFW using Poshmark finds! We will be doing these posts regularly now so be on the look out on how you can find complete looks on the app!
5. Miami here we come! If you heard our teaser announcement on Twitter, then you now know that the Poshmark team is heading to MIAMI! We will be there 9/27 throwing a LIVE Posh Party with some really fab hosts, so be sure to save the date! We’d love to have you join us in person or in the app. Keep a look out for all the details on our blog next week!