Have you ever wondered why some listings sell like a hotcakes and others sit in your closet longer? Today’s Posh Tip explores marketing your closet for the right time of year.
We think it’s valuable to keep in mind the current season, the upcoming season and the overall seasonality of your garments. When listing items in your closet, take into account what the Community may be shopping for in the coming weeks.
A helpful hint: ask yourself what you’ve been shopping for lately. Your thin, lightweight tops, silky shorts and strappy sandals will likely get more interest during the warmer months. When you consider that people are looking to buy in advance of the upcoming season (about six to eight weeks), in- and pre-season items can call for a higher price as they’re more in demand.
At the same time, if you’d really like to move your inventory of thick, chunky sweaters and knee-high leather boots in those same warmer months, consider lowering your price to attract buyers. Nothing is more drool-worthy than a gorgeous, warm coat or jacket with an equally enticing price tag.
In the end, an AH-MAZING deal is an amazing deal regardless of season, but after surveying the PMHQ team, we find our listings get swooped up quicker when we’re catering to the season.
What an exciting week we have ahead of us! A Posh Party lineup filled with fun fashion, new community hosts, and a host feature on the blog — there’s no end to all the fabulous events this week.
Join us for local blogger and Poshmark fashionista, Lucy of Daily Disguise, for her party on Tuesday! Don’t miss out on our other stylish hosts: Robin, Lina, Sheryl, Kyrstle, Aspa, Jessica, Alexandrea, Jessica, Andrea, Gwen and Audrey!
Happy Friday, everyone! Another week is behind us and we are getting closer and closer to saying goodbye to summer and a big helllooo fall! Read below to see what happened this week that had us smiling!
1. Win Posh Credit! Yesterday we launched our very first giveaway where one lucky Poshmarker will snag $100 Posh Credits to spend on whatever her fashion heart desires in the app! Have you entered yet? The giveaway ends next Thursday, August 30th, so be sure to enter!
2. "Shop Until Your iPhone Drops!" This morning we woke up to a seriously amazing article written by Wired Magazine that really captures the essence of Poshmark to a T. “The iOS app is downright addictive and its big “buy now” button makes it too easy to buy a glittered gold dress after you’ve had one too many.” #truth
3. 20,000 Listings In a Posh Party?! Well not QUITE, but almost! Our “Endless Summer” Posh Party last night racked in nearly 19,000 fabulous listings full of floral prints, sunnies, and strappy sandals! Ready? Set? SHOP!
4. Fall Fashion! Like we just mentioned, Summer isn’t quite over, but fall is right around the corner! With Fashion Week looming, September magazine issues and layered-up looks popping up everywhere, we are getting really excited to get a first look at what you guys have to offer in our first fall-themed Posh Party this weekend! Hope to see you there!
5. Most-Popular Shoes This Week: Earlier this week, we shared these fabulously-fringed heels, which you all went wild for on Facebook! We just wanted to fill you in and let you know that they’re still available and only $25.00! Get ‘em while they’re hot!
Have a great weekend!
Love prints? How about peplum? If you are like us and are obsessed with both of these trends, you are in luck! There have been so many amazing printed peplum listings on the app that we wanted to share a few of our faves! And a little added bonus: all of these listings are $50 or less…major score!
Peplum Skirt: $50
Floral Peplum Top: $25
Leopard Peplum Dress: $25
Summer is in full swing and if there is one thing we are seeing on the daily are some seriously chic shorts! And we’re not just talking about denim cut-offs. Think lace, leopard, prints, and more! So stay cool and looking mighty stylish by snagging a pair of these lovelies for sale right now on Poshmark!
Vintage High Waisted Shorts- $25.00
Floral Print Shorts- $35
Leopard Harem Shorts- $20
Here’s to a Trendy Tuesday!