Have you ever wondered why some listings sell like a hotcakes and others sit in your closet longer? Today’s Posh Tip explores marketing your closet for the right time of year.
We think it’s valuable to keep in mind the current season, the upcoming season and the overall seasonality of your garments. When listing items in your closet, take into account what the Community may be shopping for in the coming weeks.
A helpful hint: ask yourself what you’ve been shopping for lately. Your thin, lightweight tops, silky shorts and strappy sandals will likely get more interest during the warmer months. When you consider that people are looking to buy in advance of the upcoming season (about six to eight weeks), in- and pre-season items can call for a higher price as they’re more in demand.
At the same time, if you’d really like to move your inventory of thick, chunky sweaters and knee-high leather boots in those same warmer months, consider lowering your price to attract buyers. Nothing is more drool-worthy than a gorgeous, warm coat or jacket with an equally enticing price tag.
In the end, an AH-MAZING deal is an amazing deal regardless of season, but after surveying the PMHQ team, we find our listings get swooped up quicker when we’re catering to the season.
1. Thanks to everyone who came out to our LIVE Posh Party in NYC! We loved seeing your Summer in the City style and will post the pics to our Facebook page on Monday. Head there to check it out and be sure to tag yourself!
3. It’s now a proven fact, Poshers are one fabulous bunch. The proof is in #ThePoshLife. Have you joined in our Instagram photo-a-day challenge? You have until June 30th to follow us on Instagram and tag a photo with #ThePoshLife to be entered to win a $250 Posh shopping spree!
4. Looking to create an amazing Covershot? We have just the thing: a Pinterest board dedicated to styling inspirations! Follow us and prepare for a sales boom from your coveted Covershots.
5. World Cup 2014 fever has hit PMHQ! We’ve had a blast watching, cheering and, of course, eating treats!
1. Suffer from FOMO? Then hurry to join in our Posh. Pin. Win. Summer Style Pinterest Sweepstakes. You have until 11:59 am, Monday, June 9 to enter for a chance to win a $500 Poshmark Shopping Spree. Enter at sweeps.piqora.com/poshpinwin.
2. Want another shot at a $250 Posh Shopping Spree? Join in the fun of our Living #ThePoshLife June Photo-A-Day Instagram Challenge. We’ve been snapping selfies, outfits, words of wisdom and it’s only just beginning. Entering is easy, click here for details. Cheers to #ThePoshLife!
3. You know we love working at Poshmark, but we love buying and selling on Poshmark, too. But don’t take our word for it, hear what others are saying:
"If you’re selling designer clothing, look no further than Poshmark." - CNET News.
"Do not spend another dollar at a retail clothing store until you hear about Poshmark." - KRON 4 News. See the full segment below:
4. Our cooler than cool co-founders, Manish and Tracy, took the stage at the Glazed Conference at Wearable World to talk all things fashion, tech and beyond. We are always inspired to see how the industry is growing and how Poshmark is part of shaping it!
5. Speaking of “glazed”… Happy National Donut Day! We’re bringing you two calorie-free ways to celebrate. First, with some cute balloons that can be found in our Smile File Pinterest board (spoiler alert: you’ll also find many a baby animal there as well). Secondly, we’re loving this donut cropped tank from Tai’s closet.
If our vacation dreaming on Pinterest is any indication, we’re ready for summer. And nothing says fun in the sun like outfits with bright hues. So if a tropical getaway isn’t in the cards, it can at least inspire an outfit. Here are our favorite #PoshFinds and feel free to share yours!
Abstract Dress: $87
Kate Spade Striped Nautical Tote: $210
Tribal Top: $22
Pastel Lace Dress: $20
Multicolored Platform Pumps: $35
Summer is coming to a close, but there’s no need to pout!
We’re absolutely fall-ing for Autumn (hello, pumpkin spice lattes!) which as put us in a jolly mood resulting in TWO major promotions! YAY!
If you’ve opened up the app recently, you might have noticed our bright little banner on top of your News feed for our new promotion! Until Sunday, September 22nd at 11:50 PM PT, you have free shipping (yes, we said it) on ALL items over $50!
You can finally get that Rebecca Minkoff mini MAC you’ve been eyeing in your “My Likes” feed or go absolutely wild in bundling all the new fall trends in your feed!
If you’re a power seller and having a great sales day, you should definitely take advantage of our other promotion on PoshFest tickets. Missed out on the Early Bird ticket rate, but dying to make it to Vegas?
For the next two weeks, we’re offering 25% off PoshFest tickets. Use code POSHFEST25 at checkout. Hurry – this offer ends at 11:55 p.m. PT on Wednesday, October 2nd!
With these promotions, you can start packing your bags and getting ready for Vegas!
Welcome to another round of the #POSHSTYLE Instagram Giveaway! Since we absolutely loved seeing how you Posh Styled your favorite Poshmark purchases in our last giveaway, we wanted to continue the Insta-fun and start another season for our fabulous community!
Two stylish Poshers a week who follow Poshmark on Instagram and show us their #POSHSTYLE will win $50 in Posh Credits until 11:59 a.m. PST on October 28, 2013. Yes – that’s a total of 14 winners! See more details below:
How To Enter:
Entering this giveaway is as easy as 1-2-3:
Increase your chances of winning by entering as many times each week as you’d like! Just be sure every entry is different.
For more info, check out our Official Rules here.
Winners Selection: At the end of each week, the Poshmark team will randomly select two lucky winners who will each receive $50 in Posh Credits towards a future purchase on Poshmark. We will feature the winners at noon every Monday on the blog - so stay tuned and good luck!
If there’s an accessory that we can’t live without, it would have to be a pair of sassy sunnies. Not only do they look effortlessly cool, they shield your precious pretties from sun exposure. From Marc Jacobs to Tory Burch, these pairs come in a variety of shapes sure to fit your brand of style.
Since we love all things fashion and celebrity related, we’re very excited to welcome Dana from Possessionista.com as our guest blogger for today to share some fab Poshmark finds:
As the editor of Possessionista.com, I spend a majority of my day tracking down and TV fashion. But sadly, a lot of times these looks are outside of my readers’ (and my) budget. I first started using Poshmark to resell pieces I’d bought after seeing them on my favorite TV shows and celebrities, but I quickly learned it’s also a great place to find the same exact things the celebs and stars are wearing.
Because there are literally tens of thousands of items on Poshmark, it’s easy for that dress or handbag you’ve been coveting to elude you, so I went though the site and tracked down some of my favorite celebrity looks that are currently available on Poshmark.
Don’t forget to follow me here so I can invite you to my first Celebrity Worthy Style Posh Party tonight featuring looks inspired by your favorite TV fashion and celebrities. And be sure to share the celebrity looks from your own Poshmark closet.
Still looking for something you’ve seen on TV or a celebrity? Check out my blog Possessionista.com and follow me on Twitter @possessionista for the best in TV and celebrity fashion.