We know that our Suggested Users feature has become both a source of overwhelming joy and heartache for our users, and it’s a system that we’ve been hard at work trying to improve. Quite simply, the original system we built could not keep up with the rate at which Poshmark has grown. We realized that in order to scale the Suggested Users program to meet the needs of the community we needed to completely overhaul the system to:
We are so excited to announce the launch of a new system that does just that.
The Suggested Users program is designed to celebrate our diverse community and connect users across the country based on a shared sense of style and fashion. Starting today, we’ll be using algorithms to match you to other users based on your size and style preferences. We’re also introducing an automated rotation system that will change your personalized Suggested Users lists multiple times throughout the day.
Our new system is constantly searching the Poshmark community for high-quality users and adding them to the Suggested Users database. Over the course of the next few months, you can expect to see the system, its algorithms, and the users it recommends change as we learn to optimize for each user.
Thank you for being so passionate about Poshmark and for supporting us through this hyper growth phase.
I really want to be a Suggested User. What can I do to improve my chances? Being a Suggested User is like being an ambassador — a big part of the role is ushering in, welcoming and helping educate new users as they become part of our community. Because of this, we look for users who have a stellar sales history, clear covershots and descriptions, an eye for finding and sharing other community members’ listings, and users who are upstanding members of the Poshmark community.
How will I know if I am a Suggested User? Our system will send you a one-time automated email when you are first identified and flagged in the database as a Suggested User. Make sure you have our email address whitelisted so that the email doesn’t go to spam!
When will I be recommended as a Suggested User? Your rotation as a Suggestion User begins when you receive the email notification from our system. At that time, you will be recommended periodically to users who match your size and style profile. Each list of Suggested Users is dynamic and changes multiple times throughout the course of a day.
How many followers can I expect to get? Because the Suggested Users List is personalized and unique to each user, you won’t be recommended to every new person who joins the Poshmark community, but you will get followers who are relevant to your closet. While the number of followers will be a small fraction of the original program, they will be much more closely matched to your closet and its style.
How long will my Suggested User rotation last? Provided you remain in good standing with the Poshmark community, there is no firm end date to your tenure as a Suggested User. You will continue to be recommended as long as you are an active user and in good standing within the community.
I’ve been a Suggested User before. Can I be one again? Yes! If you have been a Suggested User in the past, you are flagged in our database and you will continue to be recommended to users, provided you are an active user and in good standing within the community.
I got an email saying I’m a Suggested User. Why don’t I see myself on the list? The Suggested Users Program frequently rotates to expose a ton of great closets — your Suggested Users list will change multiple times throughout the day. Keep up the excellent work!
What if I see a Suggested User who is violating the Poshmark Terms of Service? Our new system is built to minimize these kinds of issues, but if you see someone pop up on your Suggested Users list who is violating our Terms of Service, please contact email@example.com.
It’s Friday, Friday, Friiiidayy! Okay, we apologize for potentially getting that song in your head, but another week has gone by and we are thrilled to share our highlights from the week!
1. New Posh Party Themes: This weekend we have a couple new themes that we are really excited about! Tonight is our “Casual Friday” Party (dressed down, but fashionable styles) and tomorrow night is our “Borrowed from the Boys" Party (blazers, button-ups, suits, trousers—oh my!), so be ready! If you have any fun Posh Party themes suggestions, let us know in the comment section below!
2. SXSW Panel Picker: We announced this yesterday in this post, but we would love all of your support in getting the mastermind behind Poshmark to speak at SXSW in Austin next March! Thank you to all who have already voted!
3. Pinteresting: We are SO close to our 500th follower on Pinterest. Woohoo! If you love shoes, arm candy, prints or anything to do with fashion, you most definitely will be doing some repinning!
4. Suggested Users: Exciting news! Starting this week, we will be picking new rockstar Poshmarkers to be added to our “Suggested Users List” in the app! If you have an amazing closet, fab Covershots and are an all around great Poshmarker, you have a chance too!
5. Posh Styled: We have been seeing so many Tweets & Instagrams of you rocking items purchased on Poshmark and let us just say, we. love. them. (!!!) Don’t forget to hashtag #Poshmark and #PoshStyled so we can share! How cute is yourstrulycarr’s new Gucci bag via Poshmark?!
Enjoy your weekend everyone!