1. Hey, Seattle Poshers! Poshmark is coming to town next week for a fun community meet up! Join us Thursday, 4/24 for a night of mingling with fellow Poshers and the Poshmark team, sipping on yummy cocktails and tons of fashion fun! Rsvp HERE!
2. Poshmark has been nominated for a Best Mobile App Award-WOO! Show us your PoshLove by taking 5 seconds (literally) to vote for us, find out how on this post.
3. Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+…our addiction to social media is real and the best part is getting to interact with our amazing community everyday. Be sure to follow us for behind the scenes, inspiration, the best deals on Poshmark and more!
4. What a week! Our friends over at Pop Sugar wrote this amazing guide to buying and selling on Poshmark and it brought the biggest smile to our face.
5. The holiday weekend is here! Enjoy some festive treats, family time and of course, shopping on Poshmark! See you on the app!
1. Last week we had the pleasure of spreading the PoshLove to all the stylish ladies at the LuckyFABB conference in LA. Visited our booth? Don’t forget to add our new closet widgets to your blog’s sidebar for your chance to win a Poshmark shopping spree-let us know using the hashtag #PoshLovesBloggers.
2. Today we were really feeling the Instagram love when style icon, friend and Poshmark investor, Rachel Zoe stopped by our page! What a very happy Friday!
3. Los Angeles, you know how to party! We had a fantastic time Posh Partying it up with our SoCal Poshers and couldn’t have asked for a more amazing evening. Missed out on the party? Check out all the photos from the event HERE and shop the virtual “Spring Fling” Posh Party HERE!
4. We can’t get enough of puppy Fridays here at PMHQ. Especially when we are able to get silly with a few accessories. These PoshPups are styling for spring! Love!
5. Whether you’re living it up at Coachella or taking it easy at home, we hope you all have a Poshtastic weekend! See you on the app for tons of Posh Party fun!
PoshFest is not only a great opportunity to learn how to take your closet to the next level, meet Team Posh and Posh Party the night away - it’s the perfect event to build your professional and social networks and make connections that will last you beyond the weekend.
We definitely believe that building relationships matter when it comes to your closet (and life in general). Here are a few tricks and tips for networking with style:
1. Come prepared. In networking events, you meet so many faces that it’s hard to remember everyone you meet, and business cards are the perfect way to leave an impression that lasts. Don’t have your own personalized business card? Poshmark and Moo.com have teamed up to offer you 100 FREE (yes, that beautiful word) mini business cards - available for pick-up at PoshFest! The only thing you have to pay for is $3 shipping! Hurry - this offer only lasts until October 13 11:50PM EST!
2. Share your Posh story. Don’t know what to say at networking events? At PoshFest, women from across the country and all walks of life are coming together to share their common love for Poshmark, and they want to know your Posh story! It’ll definitely spark tons of other conversations!
3. Follow up, ladies! The only way to build lasting connections beyond Vegas is to follow up with your new friends. Shoot them an email, say hi on Instagram, or of course send a nice little comment on Poshmark!
With a little patience and a lot of Posh love, these connections might last you a lifetime. If you want to make new Posh BFFs in Vegas, get your ticket for PoshFest 2013 on our Eventbrite page.
1. The SF Chronicle recently did an article on fashion in the tech industry, and Poshmark was featured in the column’s lookbook. The photos highlighted the styles of our engineers, our co-founders, and some of our Posh Ladies in their bright and bold outfits. Check us out in this week’s SF Unzipped!
2. This past Wednesday we held our first Community Meetup in our newly designed office. The entire evening was one fashionably good time, filled with photo booths, signature Poshmark cocktails (yum!), and an amazing community of current and future Poshers in the area.
If you’re interested in checking out the rest of the photos from the night, browse through the Facebook album!
As you can tell, we’re excited for the next one!
3. Get ready, glamour gals! Next Monday, we’re launching a special giveaway for our community members who love showing off their “Posh Style”. If you love winning shopping sprees, stay tuned to the blog for the details!
4. We recently dolled up our Pinterest with new boards and a cleaner layout! If you’re sweet and stylish, you might love our new dessert board with some couture cupcakes and other fashionable desserts. We also added a new board featuring some Pinterest-worthy Poshmark covershots that we just had to share. Check them both out on Pinterest!
5. Since we’re mad about social media and the fashion industry, we can’t help but share our favorite internet list of the week from Buzzfeed: 10 Male Models You Must Follow On Twitter and Instagram Immediately! WIth this list and the poolside, be sure to have a happy weekend!
Poshmark connects stylemates from across the country. The more stylemates you have, the higher the chances are that you will sell items from your closet. That’s why growing your following count is important. Here are some of our simple tips on how you can grow your Poshmark network:
Tip 1: Search to find others like you. Use Poshmark’s search functionality and ‘My Size’ feature to find listings that are exactly your size. When you spot something you like, click through and check out the rest of the closet. You’ll come across plenty of stylemates who will also love to shop your closet, so follow and begin engaging with them!
Tip 2: Share Posh Love. Come across something that you like and you think others will like as well? Share it! Trust us when we say that the shares you help spread will get returned, which can result in new followers and sales!
Tip 3: Be active in Posh Parties. Make your presence known during a time when a high number of women are on Poshmark at the same time by joining, sharing, and engaging in Posh Parties! Everyone, not just your followers, can view your items and those you share in a Posh Party, so use this as an opportunity to recruit new closet followers. Just remember to stay in-theme when listing and sharing to the parties!
Tip 4: Recruit your real world friends to join Poshmark. Chances are that you and your real world friends have similar tastes when it comes to fashion. Encourage them to join Poshmark so they can list their own items, follow you, and shop your closet!
Tip 5: Take advantage of social media. Make Poshmark a part of your regular social media routine to help build viral buzz for your Poshmark closet and activity. Added a new listing? See a pair of shoes you think one of your social media friends would like? Shipping out sales with extra-cute packaging? Use Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube to spread the word and connect with those in other social networks.
Now that NY Fashion Week is over, let’s get right to our highlights from this fun-filled, amazing week!
1. NYFW & IFBCon: New York was filled with inspiration this last week (and plenty of snow)! The week was jam-packed with fashion and Poshmark love: from snapping Street Style pictures in Lincoln Center, hearing panelists speak at the Independent Fashion Bloggers Conference, to meeting up with some rockstar Poshmarkers.
2. Posh Guide: Ever wanted tips on how to make your first sale, reserving an item, or just how to get started using Poshmark? Check out this new Posh Guide which has all these answers and more for you!
3. InstaLove: This week we hit a huge milestone of 6,000 lovely followers on Instagram and we want to say thank you to each and every one of you! How fast can we get to 10K? ;)
4. Posh Package: Yesterday (and everyday for us here at PMHQ, to be honest) was the “official” day of love. While searching through Instagram, we came across one Posh Package that was just bursting with hearts and smiles. How cute is the card and packaging? The thought behind putting this Poshmark package together just blew us away, so we had to share!
5. Party Time. Excellent: Is anyone else excited for a long holiday weekend? Whatever you have planned, whether it be lunch with friends, a nice hike, or date night out, don’t miss out on all the Posh Parties happening three times daily!
PS: #PoshmarkNYFW Instagram Contest Winner Announcement! Thank you to everyone who entered our Instagram Street Style giveaway! We had so many fabulous entries…but a HUGE congrats to Deidre Casey who re-posted this picture!
Hope everyone had a fab week! We have been feeling so festive and hope to spread the holiday cheer to you all in today’s Friday Five roundup!
1. #PoshmarkTurns1 Recap: Our birthday party may have come and gone, but the amazing photos are still living on! If you haven’t had the chance to peek at the album from the event you can do so on our Facebook Page! Thanks again to our amazing Poshmarkers who have made this first year so successful! Feel free to tag yourself, like, and share! Can’t wait to see what year 2 will bring!
2. Gift Giving Parties: Have a fashionista best friend, super-stylish sister, or just looking to treat yourself to something special this holiday season? Don’t forget to join our afternoon Gift Giving Posh Parties happening everyday at 12pm PST!
3. #StyleChat: Fashion questions, style tips, and new fashionable friends? Yes, please! Every Wednesday from 12pm-1pm PST you are invited to join us and a great group of fashion lovers alike in StyleCaster's weekly #StyleChats on Twitter! We’re having so much fun and would love for you to join in!
4. Winter Pinterest Inspiration: With the temperatures really starting to drop (yes, even for California standards), it’s finally starting to feel like winter around here at PMHQ. What does this weather change mean for us? New outfit ideas on Pinterest, of course! Check out what we have been Pinning on our ‘Get Cozy' and 'Keep Calm and Sparkle On' boards.
5. Holiday Cheer: We are taking the number five spot today to send you sparkles, smiles, and love during this very festive time of year!
Have a great weekend! XO!
With Thanksgiving just around the corner, we wanted to start saying “thanks” a little early to our amazing community for showing us so much love! Let’s get right into all the #PoshLove!
1. PoshLove: This week we have hit some major milestones on social media and owe it all to you. Yes-YOU! We have over 2,000 followers on Twitter and over 3,000 on Instagram (check out our new Instagram webpage. Awesome, right?!). Major thanks for following our adventures and be sure to stay tuned because we have so many more exciting things headed your way!
2. Third Wave Fashion + Poshmark: You may have already seen the news here, but just in case you haven’t: We have partnered up with our NYC friends over at Third Wave Fashion to bring you one amazing event on Embracing Fashion In Tech. Tickets are still available, so if you are in the San Francisco area we would love for you to join us! If you’re not in SF, be sure to follow us on Twitter, as we’ll be live Tweeting and sharing pics!
3. Vote for Poshmark: We have been nominated for a Tech Crunch “Crunchie Award”- YAY! It would mean the world to us if you took 10 seconds (literally SO easy) to vote for us as the Best E-Commerce App. You can voteonce a day until 12/6 so set those reminders and help us win!
4. Host Picks Showroom: This has been another week full of amazing Posh Parties and hosts! If you haven’t been tuning in to the Host Picks Showroom you are missing out on all the hand-selected picks. This week we had a record of over 200 listings shared into a Host Showroom. Yep, our Hosts ROCK! Check out what goodies they curated the rooms with and shop their picks!
5. #PoshStyled #PoshPackages: It just makes our day (okay, more like our week) when we see your adorable Poshmark packages arriving at home and when you style up your most recent Poshmark purchase! Be sure to share the photos with us by Tweeting to us or tagging us on Instagram. You can also use the hashtags #PoshStyled or #PoshPackages. We will featuring these photos, so keep your eyes peeled!
Can you believe it’s already the middle of October?! Neither can we (and we haven’t even started thinking of what to dress up as for Halloween!). But we’re definitely loving everything the gorgeous month of October is bringing along with it. Here are five things that have made us happy this week:
1. There’s a chill in the air! The weather in the Bay Area during this time of the year is a little unpredictable. One second we’re experiencing our long-overdue summer and the next moment the temperature calls for jackets and scarves. This week, we’ve definitely felt the latter—and are SO happy to dust off our faux fur, boots, and scarves and find new threads on Poshmark to fulfill our need to layer up!
2. Go Giants! While we’re on the subject of our hometown, we have to give a little shout-out to our favorite baseball team, the San Francisco Giants, for making it one step closer to the World Series. We’re not only impressed with their determination and teamwork, but we love the fact that we can continue to appropriately dress in orange and black!
3. Posh Party-It-Up kind of weekend! Not only are we beyond ready for tonight’s “Handbags, Shoes & Accessories” Posh Party (some of our personal favorites!), but we honestly can’t wait for tomorrow night’s party. Why? Because we get to channel our inner fierceness with you for our “Party Like a Rockstar” Posh Party! Bring on the leather, bling, and attitude, ladies!
4. Do blondes really have more fun? The answer is really up for debate, especially since most of our office is made up of brunettes, but we were all shocked—and in major awe—when the news hit the Internet that the gorgeous Erika Bearman, aka OscarPRGirl, turned her dark locks platinum blonde. This ambitious task took over twelve hours to complete and we can’t stop obsessing over her new look. Anyone else feeling inspired for a major makeover?
5. Thank you, new followers! We’re self-proclaimed social media geeks here in the office and get so excited each and every time we get a new follower on any of our accounts. Thank you for connecting with us, Tweeting us your latest Poshmark finds, and sharing your closets on Instagram!
As big (BIG!) fans of Instagram, we’re so excited to announce the release of the latest version of our app (v.1.64), where we’ve given you the ability to share your Poshmark closet with your Instagram followers.
Sharing your closet on Instagram is easy!
So what are you waiting for? Update to the latest version of the Poshmark app if you haven’t already, share your closet on Instagram, and make that money!