This week the Community Team is bringing you a Posh Tip: how to have a listing party!
We all take selfie cover shots and have a time of day to take our photos for creating listings, but having friends over and helping each other out is twice the fun! Read our tips for hosting a listing party of your very own — we’re certain you’re going to want to make this a regular occurrence!
1. Designate a place with good lighting.
Natural lighting is your best friend; find a spot by a window or even better, outside where there’s a mixture of direct light and shade.
2. Have mirrors on hand.
It’s always a good idea to have mirrors handy (full length is nice!) so that you and your guests can style the garment and primp before a photo. Everyone likes to look their best, right?
3. Have different rooms and spaces as changing rooms for your guests.
Privacy to change in and out of pieces will allow your guests to feel comfortable around others. It also adds an element of surprise; you and your friends can dress up an outfit and then emerge from the dressing room with pizzazz!
4. Provide snacks and refreshments.
Having something to nibble or sip on is a fantastic way to break the ice and get the party started. Have wine and cheese, smoothies and veggies, or coffee and pastries ready for your guests; they’ll appreciate it!
This may have been just a three-day work week (short, yet oh-so-sweet), but we definitely want to share our five highlights with you!
1. Closet Clean Out: With ringing in the New Year, comes resolutions and we definitely have seen a lot of you take advantage of Poshmark by doing a major closet clean out! There is no time like the present to move the old out and welcome the new in! What are you waiting for? Clean out that closet—we can’t wait to see your new listings!
2. Favorite Shopping App of 2012: That’s right! Poshmark was mentioned as one of Tech Crunch’s favorite shopping apps of 2012-what an honor! In addition, Style Caster News mentioned Poshmark as a great way to capitalize on your closet…and we couldn’t agree more! Check out the full article on How to Shop Smart!
3. Making Money: This week we were blown away with how many of you made your very first sales and we just want to send a big “Congrats!” We know it’s the best feeling ever to know your item is going to a loving new home…and making a little extra cash along the way truly never hurts! ;)
4. Posh Tips: You ask, we listened! If you haven’t yet check out our “Posh Tips” series, we highly suggest doing so! We know you all have questions about using Poshmark, which is why we did our best to answer the most popular topics such as “How to Make Your First Sale” to “How to Ship” and more!
5. So Much Love: You all have just made the first week of 2013 so special already by Tweeting us sweet messages, Instagramming your new purchases, and so much more—so PLEASE keep ‘em coming! Also, Poshmark just signed up for Pose, so if you are also on, please follow us for even more fashion fun!
If you’ve ever attended a Posh Party in the app you know how fun they can be! Not only do you get to shop for and sell clothing and accessories under different themes every night of the week, but they’re also a great way to interact with the Poshmark community and discover new products and sellers across the country. With all that fun comes a few tips and tricks (as well as proper Party etiquette) that we want to share with you to give you and the rest of the Posh Party goers the best possible experience.
1. Plan out what you want to list! Make sure you visit our blog every Monday to see what parties we have in store for you for the week and check the “Parties” tab in the app. That way you can get your listings ready ahead of time. Refer to this post to get our tips on how to take great photos!
2. Share your themed listings to the party. We suggest doing this gradually throughout the party so that your listings get seen and appreciated. But please remember to share only those listings that fall within the theme of the party!
3. Interact with the Poshmark community! There are so many amazing women on Poshmark, so feel free to show them some love and “like” their listings or leave comments. Go ahead and spread the love!
4. Keep promotional messages and “Tweegrams” to a minimum. Although we love the interactions and fun sales you have, the Posh Party is a tool to promote your themed items, so please don’t clog the feed with promotional messages.
5. Last but definitely not least, have fun! Get your girlfriends together, grab a few snacks (and cocktails!), and shop away! Or if you prefer, join the party from the comfort of your couch. :)