Poshmark is throwing our first LIVE Posh Party of 2014 in our hometown of San Francisco and you’re invited! Grab your PFFs and join the Poshmark team, your co-hosts, and local Poshers for a fun night of shopping, cocktails, giveaways, mingling and more. Plus, get a custom Poshmark-inspired mani by the talented nail artists and local SF favorites, Pams & Kin.
Can’t wait to see you there!
Bonus: Show up in true Poshmark style! Get $5 off when you ride to the party with Sidecar. No code needed - discount will automatically be taken when the driver enters in the address to the party.
The city landscape brings together a slew of style personalities, ranging from urban chic to uptown glam. For our LIVE San Francisco Posh Party this Wednesday, we’re bringing together 5 different personalities that make SF one of the capitals of undeniable style. From working girl wonderful to sophisticated casual, our SF hosts represent the wardrobe variety of the San Francisco gal.
THE SHOWSTOPPER LOOK:
Nothing says “be seen, be adored” more than a head-to-toe black Chloe jumpsuit with platform pumps and a dashing swipe of red lipstick, and Kathleen of KatWalkSF knows exactly that. By keeping the color minimal, her outfit is dramatic by structure and length.
THE GIRL NEXT DOOR LOOK:
Kate of The Fancy Pants Report does sweet, simple, and sophisticated like a seasoned style veteran, but her take on the laid-back urban aesthetic is what makes her versatile and fresh. She pairs the Parisian stripe with fitted sweatpants and a structured jacket to make casual more sassy than sweet. Who says that you can’t wear your loungewear outside the house?
THE WORKING GIRL LOOK:
Blogger gals are working girls through and through, but Lucy of Daily Disguise won’t settle for a plain suit jacket and skirt pairing for the office. It’s all about having a foundation of loud prints and toning the look down with a neutral blazer to make an office-appropriate outfit worthy of a promotion.
THE MODERN BOHEMIAN LOOK:
Jennifer of Just Add Glam and her outfit’s color palette brings back the bohemian nostalgia of Haight Street’s free love days, but the color-blocking and structure of the dress modernizes the look. So much love for this look!
THE PARISIAN LOOK:
Nothing brings more romance and whimsy to any look than elements of Parisian influence, and Lauren of Seventeenth and Irving is transporting Paris to our oceanside city. The trench brings to mind the costumes of the film The Umbrellas of Cherbourg, and the fur collar is oh so madame. Trés mignonne!
We can’t wait to see what these fabulous ladies wear tomorrow night!
Happy Memorial Day Monday! For such a special day, we give you nothing but special Posh Parties!
If you love the drama of city chic style, don’t miss out on joining us this Wednesday for our live SF Posh Party! Also looking forward to shopping on Thursday for our Downtown Girl party with host Leslie of Ur Pretty Haute and on Sunday for Ana of Chic Streets and Eats. Don’t miss out on the style of our other hosts, Kate, Emily, Lorena, and Liza.
1. Fabulous DC, did you get the chance to watch Poshmark on ABC 7 Evening News? DC local and Poshmark user, Kenita Calhoun, did an amazing job representing PM on screen! Must be that Posh karma she’s talking about!
2. Hometown darlings, join us for a fashion-filled evening at our live San Francisco Posh Party on the 29th! For more information, check out our blog post.
3. Tweet tweet! A little birdie told us that we’ve reached over 5,000 followers on Twitter, and we can’t help but share this milestone with you! We hope you’re following us if you aren’t already! We want to share all the PMHQ and style trends, news, and shout-outs to all our community!
4. The Posh Parties don’t stop just because the work week is over! We at PMHQ are Posh Partying every day, and we invite you to join us for a little weekend shopping. Shop our Hello, Sunshine and Street Style Posh Parties this Saturday and Sunday!
5. We hope you have a fun, fresh, and fabulous Memorial Day weekend! From Poshmark, with lots of love.
There’s a reason why Tony Bennett left his heart in San Francisco. With so much to fall in love about this oceanside city, it’s no doubt why we call the bay area our home.
The aesthetic of San Francisco offers city chic that never sleeps—a smart, sleek style that is equal parts laid back lovely and sophisticated darling. But more than fashionably fabulous, SF stands for a community that is our family first.
For our LIVE “City Chic” Posh Party, we’re teaming up with 5 amazing San Francisco-based style bloggers and fashion mavens, who will be opening up their closets on Poshmark for you to shop!
If you’re local, we’d love to have you join us! Come mingle, meet, shop, and have a cocktail with the Poshmark team and our co-hosts! Simply shoot us a note to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 28th to get on the guest list (space is limited).
If you’re not in the San Francisco bay area or you can’t attend, don’t you worry! Join us virtually through the Poshmark app or on the web for plenty of Poshmark fun from wherever you may be. Be ready to shop or list all your City Chic wears, including metallic accessories, cap-toe pumps, and more!
Hope to see you there!
We had another amazing week full of outstanding milestones, fab purchases, and major 2013 excitement! Here is our round-up of what has us smiling this week:
1. Instalove: We have said it time and time again, but we are admittedly obsessed with Instagram. This week (*ahem*yesterday) we crossed over 4,000 followers! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts for following our #fashion #iphoneography journey!
2. All-Time High: We kicked off the week with the Girly Girl Posh Party and what a party it was! We ended with 60,000+ listings shared to the party…can you say “AMAZING?!” Best. Community. Ever.
3. Rocco Bag: The Posh Ladies get so excited everyday when USPS shows up at our door. This week, we all were drooling over this stunner that Poshmark’s @KateF swooped up on Poshmark for over 50% off! Jealous!
4. Poshmark Travels: You know we love throwing a good LIVE Posh Party, so we just want you to brace yourselves for what is in store for our Posh Parties this year! Keep checking back with us to stay up to date on how you can join all the fun! You never know…we might show up in your city soon!
5. Go Niners: How could we sign off for the weekend without giving a shout out to another one of our favorite Bay Area teams? The San Francisco 49er playoff game is tomorrow and our hearts are beating with anticipation. Go Niners, go!
Next week officially marks Poshmark’s first birthday—woohoo! To thank our local community in the Bay Area for their ongoing support from the start, we’re throwing one BIG party in San Francisco on December 5th. We’ve accomplished so much in the last year (and have even bigger plans for the next!), so we can’t wait to celebrate it all next week!
BONUS: Are you in the SF Bay Area and want to attend the festivities? You’re in luck! We have set aside 10 extra tickets to this invite-only party. To enter to win a ticket, all you have to do is leave a comment on this blog post letting us know your Poshmark username and why you love Poshmark! We will randomly select the winners before the party.
Can’t wait to dance, sip on bubbly, and celebrate with you!
We live, eat, and breathe everything fashion and tech related, which is why we are so excited to announce our partnership with Third Wave Fashion! The NYC-based company is coming to San Francisco to host a fun event on Embracing Fashion In Tech.
Not only have we invited other Bay Area industry professionals to speak on the panel, but our own Co-Founders and CEO Manish Chandra and Tracy Sun will be getting in on the action! We hope you can come join us, have a cocktail, and do some networking! See below for all the details.
Who: Third Wave Fashion, Poshmark + Fashion Technology Accelerator
What: Networking, Industry Panel, Demos, & Cocktails
When: Tuesday, November 13th 6:30-9pm
Where: Zappos Lab HQ, 121 2nd Street, San Francisco, CA 94015
Tickets: Click here to register for the event!
**BONUS**: Poshmark is gifting tickets to the first 50 people to register using code “TWFPoshmark”. Hurry, they’re going fast!
Can you believe it’s already the middle of October?! Neither can we (and we haven’t even started thinking of what to dress up as for Halloween!). But we’re definitely loving everything the gorgeous month of October is bringing along with it. Here are five things that have made us happy this week:
1. There’s a chill in the air! The weather in the Bay Area during this time of the year is a little unpredictable. One second we’re experiencing our long-overdue summer and the next moment the temperature calls for jackets and scarves. This week, we’ve definitely felt the latter—and are SO happy to dust off our faux fur, boots, and scarves and find new threads on Poshmark to fulfill our need to layer up!
2. Go Giants! While we’re on the subject of our hometown, we have to give a little shout-out to our favorite baseball team, the San Francisco Giants, for making it one step closer to the World Series. We’re not only impressed with their determination and teamwork, but we love the fact that we can continue to appropriately dress in orange and black!
3. Posh Party-It-Up kind of weekend! Not only are we beyond ready for tonight’s “Handbags, Shoes & Accessories” Posh Party (some of our personal favorites!), but we honestly can’t wait for tomorrow night’s party. Why? Because we get to channel our inner fierceness with you for our “Party Like a Rockstar” Posh Party! Bring on the leather, bling, and attitude, ladies!
4. Do blondes really have more fun? The answer is really up for debate, especially since most of our office is made up of brunettes, but we were all shocked—and in major awe—when the news hit the Internet that the gorgeous Erika Bearman, aka OscarPRGirl, turned her dark locks platinum blonde. This ambitious task took over twelve hours to complete and we can’t stop obsessing over her new look. Anyone else feeling inspired for a major makeover?
5. Thank you, new followers! We’re self-proclaimed social media geeks here in the office and get so excited each and every time we get a new follower on any of our accounts. Thank you for connecting with us, Tweeting us your latest Poshmark finds, and sharing your closets on Instagram!