It’s a new week full of PoshFinds waiting to be discovered! Let’s start things off right with a week full of parties surrounding your favorite brands and styles, at prices that you’ll love, too. Shop the curated host picks during the evening parties from style influencers Shennen, Baba, Shanda and Patricia, and our amazing community hosts.
There’s no doubt about it—with Outside Lands in San Francisco just a few days away, we’ve got music on our mind. Besides crafting our perfect OSL playlist, we’re also planning our perfect #OOTDs for the three-day event. Luckily, we’ve got Amanda to turn to. Pair swingy little dresses with a pair of tights and boots, or snag the Simon & Garfunkel tee and rep everyone’s favorite soft rock duo. With plenty of funky finds in her closet, we’ll be more than ready to dance along to our favorite bands.
Anyone can spend money on fashion, but it takes a true stylista to master the art of dressing well on a budget. That’s where Kim of Sensible Stylista shines. The Baltimore-based blogger is a pro at integrating trends and personality with classic styles - all without blowing her budget. Knowing when to splurge and maintaining a rotating closet with Poshmark are just some of the keys to her success.
How do you describe your personal style and how has blogging contributed to it?
My personal style’s bold, vibrant, and fun - lots of loud prints and colors! Blogging’s inspired me to take risks. I’ve learned that it’s all about juxtaposition. For example, pairing a girly summer dress with an edgy faux-leather moto jacket - BAMF for sure.
What inspires your style?
All the gorgeous “everyday” women (all shapes and sizes of course) I see in real life and online.
You’re all about smart shopping, what advice do you have for those wanting to look fab on a budget?
Don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty! Go straight to the sale and clearance racks in stores. Trust me, if you want a good deal, you gotta put in time and effort. It’s not easy finding deals you know! Also, be a SMART shopper - save on trendy pieces and splurge on timeless classics you’ll wear forever. Discount stores like TJ Maxx, Ross, Marshalls, Off Saks Fifth, etc., carry designer items for (much) less.
We love how you infuse trends into a classic wardrobe. What’s your secret?
Don’t try and wear too many trends at once, and make sure the trend suits you! Don’t wear or not wear something because it’s “in.” Make it your own! It’s all about confidence. Wear what makes you feel like a rockstar.
As a host of the It Girl Party tonight, what kind of style does an It Girl represent to you?
To me, an It Girl is effortless. She mixes coveted high-end designer faves with equally fabulous flea market finds. She lives and breathes steeze (style + ease).
We are back with a week full of shopping parties, including some all-new themes and new favorite brands to feature. Join style influencers Kim and Alex, along with our community hosts, during the evening parties for curated shopping picks. Plus, the countdown to PoshFest is on and we’re celebrating with a PoshFest or Bust Posh Party on Thursday. Secure your spot before it sells out!
1. Happy August! While back-to-school is just around the corner, we’re still soaking up the summer. Follow our Summer Style board on Pinterest for the ultimate in outfit inspiration while the weather is still warm.
2. One of the most frequently asked questions at PMHQ is how to become a Posh Party host. This week we shared the basic criteria, with more on the way next week. We can’t wait to shop along with you!
3. San Francisco is calling and it wants you to come to PoshFest! Register today for the most stylish event of the year, November 8th-9th, featuring lots of inspiration, empowerment and fun with your PFFs and Team Posh. Secure your spot before it sells out!
4. Did you catch the host picks from last night’s Posh Party? They’re so, so good. Shop them now before they’re snatched up!
5. Lastly, let’s do a virtual hug to Friday and our PFFs. Cheers to the weekend!
One of the most common questions we get at PMHQ is how to become a Posh Party host. The coveted spot not only allows for major closet visibility, but is also a fun way to shop and share with the Poshmark community. If you have ever been curious about how hosts are selected and what you can do to qualify, we’re here to dish on the details.
Your account should:
Be in good standing. As hosting is a highly-visible position, we’re looking for Poshers who know our rules and follow them. A few helpful hints? Do not have unsupported items or coordinate offline transactions.
Have 25+ listings. We love when closets are full and brimming with eye candy! It’s beneficial for Poshers shopping the parties to see your personal style, not only in the items you select as Host Picks, but also in the items you’ve loved and owned personally.
Be Active. Meet and follow Poshers. List items for sale. Browse, like and share your favorite listings. Getting connected and keeping in touch with the Community will make you a well-rounded Posher! At this time we ask that all co-hosts be a member of the Poshmark community for at least three months.
Have personality! Nothing makes us grin wider than clean, clear, creative Covershots (say that 10 times fast!). Wear your garment and take a selfie (or grab a friend to snap a pic for you!) or even create a layout of pretty items on an attractive, clean surface. And don’t forget the key to all amazing photos: good lighting! Bright, uncluttered images presents your listings in the best way and ensures they will capture the attention of potential buyers. Need inspiration? See our blog post on amazing covershots for ideas.
Does the above criteria sound like you? Then be sure to contact the proper channel:
Send email@example.com a friendly email letting us know you’re interested in participating in the Host Program–we’d love to hear from you!
Once we’ve received your email, we will add you to our list of interested candidates and reach out as soon as we’ve had a chance to take a look at your closet.
Please do wait patiently. We have a long list of eager candidates and are working hard daily to ensure every eligible Posher is given the opportunity to host.
Have you already hosted before but are ready to do so again? Great! We are always happy to have a Posher host again. We generally ask that you wait at least three months before reaching out to host again to allow time for other Poshers to get in on the fun. Once that time has passed, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get you on our repeat host list. Please note that we do have a limited number of spots available for repeat hosts so it may take some time before we are able to get you a party date.
We are reveling in the dog days of summer and want all things beach-ready and warm weather appropriate. Fancy sandals, flowy tops and dresses, we’re coveting it all. Shop Heidi's closet for all your summer apparel needs!
We hope you’re rested from the weekend and are gearing up for another great week of Posh Parties! Our favorite brands and styles are back in the spotlight, and this week we have style influencers Ariana, Jaclyn, Taghrid and Kate hosting, along with members of our fabulous Posh community. So set your calendars and let’s get shopping!
1. Poshmark is the latest reality star! Not quite, but we were recently featured in Inc. Magazine’s mini-series, Trep Life. In addition to an in-depth article, the video follows Co-Founders Manish Chandra and Tracy Sun and provides a glimpse behind the curtain of PMHQ.
2. PoshFest is on and we hope you’ll join us for a stylishly fun weekend of inspiration and empowerment with Team Posh and your PFFs (that is, Posh Friends Forever). Register today!
3. Heading to back to campus and looking to up your fashion game? Look no further than Poshmark! The recent BuzzFeed article selects items from Poshmark that match personal style to their equivalent university type.
4. The weekend is a great time to do a wardrobe refresh and list items to your Poshmark closet. We all know how important a great Covershot is, so don’t forget to follow our Covershot Inspo Pinterest board that’s full of modeling and styling inspiration to help your items stand out and get sold.
5. When we say, “Happy Poshing!”, we mean it! Look at the happiness-inducing PoshFinds that were recently delivered to PMHQ. We don’t just work here, we shop here, too!
Have you ever wondered why some listings sell like a hotcakes and others sit in your closet longer? Today’s Posh Tip explores marketing your closet for the right time of year.
We think it’s valuable to keep in mind the current season, the upcoming season and the overall seasonality of your garments. When listing items in your closet, take into account what the Community may be shopping for in the coming weeks.
A helpful hint: ask yourself what you’ve been shopping for lately. Your thin, lightweight tops, silky shorts and strappy sandals will likely get more interest during the warmer months. When you consider that people are looking to buy in advance of the upcoming season (about six to eight weeks), in- and pre-season items can call for a higher price as they’re more in demand.
At the same time, if you’d really like to move your inventory of thick, chunky sweaters and knee-high leather boots in those same warmer months, consider lowering your price to attract buyers. Nothing is more drool-worthy than a gorgeous, warm coat or jacket with an equally enticing price tag.
In the end, an AH-MAZING deal is an amazing deal regardless of season, but after surveying the PMHQ team, we find our listings get swooped up quicker when we’re catering to the season.