Photobooths, candy bar and dancing, oh my!
This is what a Poshmark birthday bash is made of! To celebrate fabulous Year 2, we invited our SF Bay Area community of Poshers, press and all our partners who inspired us and made it possible to create a platform as special as Poshmark. With our super special birthday cupcakes and signature cocktails, we blew out our candles and toasted the night away Posh style. We shared our favorite stories among friends and dressed to sparkle and shine in many of our Posh purchases.
We wouldn’t have wanted to celebrate our 2nd birthday any other way. It was truly Posh perfection. Here’s to another year as your favorite and most addictive app!
Now that NY Fashion Week is over, let’s get right to our highlights from this fun-filled, amazing week!
1. NYFW & IFBCon: New York was filled with inspiration this last week (and plenty of snow)! The week was jam-packed with fashion and Poshmark love: from snapping Street Style pictures in Lincoln Center, hearing panelists speak at the Independent Fashion Bloggers Conference, to meeting up with some rockstar Poshmarkers.
2. Posh Guide: Ever wanted tips on how to make your first sale, reserving an item, or just how to get started using Poshmark? Check out this new Posh Guide which has all these answers and more for you!
3. InstaLove: This week we hit a huge milestone of 6,000 lovely followers on Instagram and we want to say thank you to each and every one of you! How fast can we get to 10K? ;)
4. Posh Package: Yesterday (and everyday for us here at PMHQ, to be honest) was the “official” day of love. While searching through Instagram, we came across one Posh Package that was just bursting with hearts and smiles. How cute is the card and packaging? The thought behind putting this Poshmark package together just blew us away, so we had to share!
5. Party Time. Excellent: Is anyone else excited for a long holiday weekend? Whatever you have planned, whether it be lunch with friends, a nice hike, or date night out, don’t miss out on all the Posh Parties happening three times daily!
PS: #PoshmarkNYFW Instagram Contest Winner Announcement! Thank you to everyone who entered our Instagram Street Style giveaway! We had so many fabulous entries…but a HUGE congrats to Deidre Casey who re-posted this picture!
This week’s Posh Tip will help you add a special touch to your photos before you create a listing. We’re going to share with you all a few of our favorite apps that we use frequently to beautify our photos.
Hudson, Valencia, Hefe…if you want saturated hues and a variety of tones and highlights, consider popping your photo into one Instagram’s filters. We love how simple it is to enhance your photo’s appearance with just a couple of taps on their filter wheel. Don’t forget to use the blur tool to create some fun depth of field.
Ever wonder how people add that hint of blur to their photos in the corners or along the sides? We love using Picfx when we’re adding ‘Bokeh’ to our photos. These clusters of background lights come in a variety of sizes, shapes and colors - we love them all! This filter is a
quick and simple way to make your photos pop. Picfx also has a large library of color filters that can be subtly adjusted with the slider on the right hand side of the frame as well as layered with multiple filter effects.
We’ve all been there: there are multiple photos that you want to share but you’ve only got 4 frames on Poshmark to utilize. Enter PicFrame. Choose from a multitude of ratios to adjust the frames and then choose what type of frame you’d like to use for your photos (you can add up to 9). This is a great app to use when you have many angles you’d like to highlight for your listing.
Enjoy! Can’t wait to continue to see your gorgeous covershots and listings!