Don’t be sad that the weekend is over because there is still fun to be had this week. Our latest Posh Party line-up is packed with amazing finds from fashion influencers Kathleen, Talia, Ashley and Katie, and of course from our lovely community hosts.
Poshers, we need your help! The Best Mobile App Awards are committed to showcasing the latest and greatest mobile apps on the market today, and have nominated Poshmark for an award! Woo hoo!
Help us be named Overall Best App of 2014 by taking 10 seconds to vote aka “recommend” us.
All you have to do is click HERE and hit “Recommend this app”—that’s it!
See below how easy it is:
And as always, sharing is caring!
Scoring a good deal on Poshmark is all about finding it first. Read on for a handful of tips that can help you nab the next amazing Posh find for your wardrobe.
Find your Stylemate
First things first, find your stylemates on Poshmark. A stylemate is someone who wears the same sizes you do and shares a similar taste in style. There is no one simple way to instantly find your stylemate, but you can find a lot of great closets by searching for people who sell pieces from your favorite brands and designers. Following these users mean that when they list new items, you’ll see them in your feed on Poshmark, therefore the potential for seeing them before other users is greater.
Shop “First Look” Showrooms
The second and third party every day always has a showroom that is titled “First Look.” In case you’re not familiar with it, this showroom is a one-stop-shop for all items that have never been shared to a Posh Party before. While these items are not necessarily brand new to Poshmark, there is still a pretty good chance for you to unearth a killer deal by perusing this showroom.
Search Poshmark by Keyword
Are you on the hunt for a specific item or style? Try searching for the item name or using keywords to scour all closet listings. If you don’t find the item you’re looking for right away, don’t fret. Just check back regularly because you never know when your dream piece will be listed for sale. Additionally Poshmark automatically saves your most recent search history in the app so you can easily search again whenever you want!
Bartering With Care
Some Poshers are open to bartering their listed prices, but your success in doing so all depends on how you approach it. Many users are turned off by comments such as “Lowest?” or offers that are significantly lower than the listed prices. You’ll find better results by approaching users with full sentences and bargaining in terms of percentage. For instance, try figuring out what 15% off their listed price is and ask if they’d be willing accept that amount.
Seasonality of Shopping
There is a quite a bit of seasonality when it comes to shopping; you tend to buy swimsuits and sandals at the spring and coats, sweaters, and boots at the fall. In considering the law of supply and demand, the more in demand a particular kind of item is, the more expensive it’ll be. That means at the end of a season, those seasonal items will most likely be available at deeper discounts due to the decline in demand. Bonus tip: This is also something helpful to keep in mind when stocking your closet as a seller.
Recruit Your Friends
Get friends to help you shop! The more eyes looking for any particular order, the better. At PMHQ, we’ve all become familiar with one another’s sizes and styles so when we find something that’s perfect for them, we tag them to let them know. And don’t worry if your friends aren’t on Poshmark already because you can invite them! The best part is it’s an easy $50 bucks for you (plus $5 for each friend) if they use your referral code!
We hope that by using some or all of these tips will help you find you new go-to handbag, your dream shoes, or anything else your closet desires.
1. Party time, excellent! Another Friday is here, meaning a whole weekend full of stylish Posh Parties are upon us including our first Holiday Essentials party on Sunday, don’t miss out! Tis the season!
2. Our #PoshStyle giveaway may be taking a little shopping break, but that doesn’t mean you can’t share your fab photos with us. Join a group of Poshaholics who created their own #30DayPoshFindChallenge to showcase their favorite finds, we are totally stalking their daily posts!
3. We heart Choo! Really, we do! We shared these gorgeous heels on Instagram earlier in the week, and we can’t stop thinking about them in all their beauty. If you are in the market for new pumps, snag these before they are gone!
4. We love a good chuckle, and this ecard definitely had us laughing! Let’s just say we know there will be some really good listings coming our way once the holidays come and go. ;-)
5. It’s all about the #PoshLove each and everyday for us here at PMHQ, so this photo from our user Sarah, just made us feel warm and fuzzy. We love you all so much and hope you have an amazing weekend, Poshers!
If we had to choose just one (and by one, we mean one of many) investment piece for fall, a leather jacket would definitely be at the top of the list. Dress it up with a fabulous dress and heels or down with jeans, a sweater and boots- the luxurious layering options are endless and guaranteed to make you look super rad with a whole lot of chic.
Treat yourself to one that you can wear all winter long! Here are some faves from Poshmark:
1. Michael Kors Quilted Jacket- $300 (
2. Helmut Lang Shearling Jacket- $1500 (
3. All Saints Moto Jacket- $485 (
(Image via Pinterest)