Whether your cold-weather style is lovely in leather or darling in knitwear, our Showrooms have everything you need to stay stylish through the winter. Check out our Moto & Biker Jackets Showroom for the perfect statement piece or Slouchy & Oversized Sweaters Showroom for comfort and cuteness all season long.
All Saints Albany Biker Leather Jacket: $250
Willow & Clay Camouflage Knit Cardigan: $93
Cream Oversized Tribal Print Knit Cardigan: $35
Polka Dot Sweater: $15
Fashion a new wardrobe with this week’s lineup of fabulous Posh Parties! From cold weather essentials to statement pieces galore, you’ll find everything your closet needs AND wants! Check out the host picks of fashion influencers - Brandy of Will Bake For Shoes, Caroline of Taste Bluebook and Kathleen of Kat Walk SF - or other ahh-mazing community hosts!
1. Start your new year off to a fabulous start and de-clutter your closet with Poshmark! From the comfort of your mobile phone, you can list shoes, accessories and clothes from last season and make some extra cash for 2014’s fashion trends.
Download or upgrade your app here!
2. Looking for a specific brand or trend? Use Poshmark’s new Showrooms feature to explore and shop your favorite fringe handbags or Kate Spade wallets. This week we’re crushing on every listing in the the New Rebecca Minkoff Handbags showroom. Quirky, cute and so easy to shop with Showrooms!
3. Just because it’s the new year doesn’t mean that Poshmark is old news! With a shout-out in Forbes and an interview with our CEO on Yahoo! Finance, we’re starting the new year hotter off the press than ever. Be sure to read all about us!
4. We can’t stop and won’t stop Posh Partying! Join us this weekend for some ahh-mazing Posh Parties. From a Posh Party on street style to Statement Pieces, you’ll be sure to find the perfect outfit for next weekend.
5. We like to start the new year with a little inspiration. From fashion to female entrepreneurship, we encourage you to take chances! Be bold for 2014 - you’ll never know where you’ll end up. If you want more motivational magic, be sure to follow our Pinterest and check out our Words of Wisdom board.
The great Carrie Bradshaw once said “Shopping is my cardio.” For this Thanksgiving weekend - from Thursday, November 28th until Monday, December 2nd - you can enjoy all the holiday treats you want because shopping with Poshmark is your cardio! For every order of $50 and up, you get free shipping on all your holiday gift-giving needs.
Check out our $50 and up holiday favorites and get inspired:
1. Tom Ford Pumps: $900
2. Tiffany & Co. Charm Bracelet: $100
3. BCBGeneration Python Stiletto: $68 Retail $95
4. Ralph Lauren Cat Eye Sunglasses: $125
5. Biker Faux Leather Skirt: $80
6. Laser Hologram Unicorn Clutch Purse: $52
7. Diane Von Furstenberg Delian Dress: $150
8. Rebecca Minkoff MAC Clutch Purse in Blush Pink: $290
9. Sam Edelman Studded Bow Heels: $79
(Details: Discount will automatically be applied at checkout. Free shipping on orders $50 and up. $4.99 shipping on orders $25-$49.99. $6.99 shipping on all other orders. Promotion valid from 11/28/13 12:00 AM PT until 12/2/13 11:59 PM PT)
Finding that first item to list may be the biggest challenge you’ll come across when using Poshmark, but trust us when we say that it’s a hurdle you’ll cross in no time (and with very little effort!). Check out our daily Posh Parties and what our amazing community is selling to get inspiration on what you can list.
Branded Posh Parties. Our first Posh Party every day is focused on a particular set of designers, which vary from day to day. Check out what designer parties are coming up by clicking on the ‘Parties’ tab in the app. Then, open your closet and find those brand-name goodies you love, but no longer wear, and list away!
Category-specific Posh Parties. Another way to browse your closet for pieces to sell is by using our category-themed Posh Parties to help you organize what you’re planning to list. Know that a jewelry and accessories party is coming up? Open up your jewelry case to see what pieces you no longer wear. Or is there a jackets party is happening tomorrow? Reach into your coat closet and pull out last season’s blazers to list.
Style-focused Posh Parties. Our daily Posh Party fun always ends with a party focused on a particular style or trend, such as ‘Work Week Chic’ and ‘Jetset Glamour.’ Use these themes to go through your closet and pull out those items that you feel fit the themes best! For example, if it’s a spring-focused party, then floral skirts, sandals, and sunglasses work. If it’s a date night party, then go through your cocktail dresses and clutches to see which ones need to find a new home.
Combing through your closet for items to sell has never been this easy (and fun)!
This week the Community Team is bringing you a Posh Tip: how to have a listing party!
We all take selfie cover shots and have a time of day to take our photos for creating listings, but having friends over and helping each other out is twice the fun! Read our tips for hosting a listing party of your very own — we’re certain you’re going to want to make this a regular occurrence!
1. Designate a place with good lighting.
Natural lighting is your best friend; find a spot by a window or even better, outside where there’s a mixture of direct light and shade.
2. Have mirrors on hand.
It’s always a good idea to have mirrors handy (full length is nice!) so that you and your guests can style the garment and primp before a photo. Everyone likes to look their best, right?
3. Have different rooms and spaces as changing rooms for your guests.
Privacy to change in and out of pieces will allow your guests to feel comfortable around others. It also adds an element of surprise; you and your friends can dress up an outfit and then emerge from the dressing room with pizzazz!
4. Provide snacks and refreshments.
Having something to nibble or sip on is a fantastic way to break the ice and get the party started. Have wine and cheese, smoothies and veggies, or coffee and pastries ready for your guests; they’ll appreciate it!
This week’s Posh Tip will help you add a special touch to your photos before you create a listing. We’re going to share with you all a few of our favorite apps that we use frequently to beautify our photos.
Hudson, Valencia, Hefe…if you want saturated hues and a variety of tones and highlights, consider popping your photo into one Instagram’s filters. We love how simple it is to enhance your photo’s appearance with just a couple of taps on their filter wheel. Don’t forget to use the blur tool to create some fun depth of field.
Ever wonder how people add that hint of blur to their photos in the corners or along the sides? We love using Picfx when we’re adding ‘Bokeh’ to our photos. These clusters of background lights come in a variety of sizes, shapes and colors - we love them all! This filter is a
quick and simple way to make your photos pop. Picfx also has a large library of color filters that can be subtly adjusted with the slider on the right hand side of the frame as well as layered with multiple filter effects.
We’ve all been there: there are multiple photos that you want to share but you’ve only got 4 frames on Poshmark to utilize. Enter PicFrame. Choose from a multitude of ratios to adjust the frames and then choose what type of frame you’d like to use for your photos (you can add up to 9). This is a great app to use when you have many angles you’d like to highlight for your listing.
Enjoy! Can’t wait to continue to see your gorgeous covershots and listings!
We had another amazing week full of outstanding milestones, fab purchases, and major 2013 excitement! Here is our round-up of what has us smiling this week:
1. Instalove: We have said it time and time again, but we are admittedly obsessed with Instagram. This week (*ahem*yesterday) we crossed over 4,000 followers! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts for following our #fashion #iphoneography journey!
2. All-Time High: We kicked off the week with the Girly Girl Posh Party and what a party it was! We ended with 60,000+ listings shared to the party…can you say “AMAZING?!” Best. Community. Ever.
3. Rocco Bag: The Posh Ladies get so excited everyday when USPS shows up at our door. This week, we all were drooling over this stunner that Poshmark’s @KateF swooped up on Poshmark for over 50% off! Jealous!
4. Poshmark Travels: You know we love throwing a good LIVE Posh Party, so we just want you to brace yourselves for what is in store for our Posh Parties this year! Keep checking back with us to stay up to date on how you can join all the fun! You never know…we might show up in your city soon!
5. Go Niners: How could we sign off for the weekend without giving a shout out to another one of our favorite Bay Area teams? The San Francisco 49er playoff game is tomorrow and our hearts are beating with anticipation. Go Niners, go!
Can you believe June has come and gone so quickly? Like they always say, “Time flies when you are having fun!” Here are 5 things that made us oh-so-happy in this last week of June!
1. Chicago LIVE Posh Party: We know this just happened, but we were seriously blown away (Ha! Get it? Windy City…Blown Away? Ok, we digress). What a perfect way to say goodbye to June with a super successful Posh Party!
2. While we are on the Posh Party note, the in-app “Summer Staples” Posh Party had over 10,000 listings! Can you believe it?! Best. Community. EVER! Happy shopping, ladies!
3. Oh, Pinterest, you never cease to stop inspiring us! We are discovering so many new followers (and they’re finding us!) lately that we just had to share this picture that has us grinning into the weekend. Why? Because life really is beautiful!
4. With every week comes an array of gorgeous new closets on Poshmark. One you do not want to miss this week is HiHaHo’s closet. It’s full of gorgeous shoes (like the beauties pictured below), leather goods, and adorable skirts & dresses!
5. Holiday Alert! Next week is the 4th of July, the ultimate Americana Day and, honestly, we love any excuse to dress up in theme! We LOVE the idea of this pretty dress worn with these wedges! What will you be wearing?
Have a fabulous weekend, Poshmarkers! <3
Last night we were honored to have some of our Bay Area users and friends stop by the Poshmark office for a little Listing Party! It was so fun to help each other take amazing Covershots, sip a little wine and giggle the night away! Check out some of the pictures from the evening:
Check out the rest of the pictures from the event on the Poshmark Facebook!