After 30 fun-filled days of Instagramming our hearts out, we’re looking back on all of the amazing photos from our living #ThePoshLife challenge. From fun in the sun to rockin’ our best selfies, we are so thankful for each and everyone one of you who joined in for the month.
Yet, only one could come away with a $250 Posh shopping spree, so congrats to Margaret, aka @xoxoshoebug on Instagram, for taking home the big prize! Her photos were full of friends, fashion and summer fun, which really captures the heart of #ThePoshLife.
We’re all a little sad for the challenge to end, but are planning another one. So stay tuned and keep living and sharing #ThePoshLife!
1. Thanks to everyone who came out to our LIVE Posh Party in NYC! We loved seeing your Summer in the City style and will post the pics to our Facebook page on Monday. Head there to check it out and be sure to tag yourself!
3. It’s now a proven fact, Poshers are one fabulous bunch. The proof is in #ThePoshLife. Have you joined in our Instagram photo-a-day challenge? You have until June 30th to follow us on Instagram and tag a photo with #ThePoshLife to be entered to win a $250 Posh shopping spree!
4. Looking to create an amazing Covershot? We have just the thing: a Pinterest board dedicated to styling inspirations! Follow us and prepare for a sales boom from your coveted Covershots.
5. World Cup 2014 fever has hit PMHQ! We’ve had a blast watching, cheering and, of course, eating treats!
We challenged you to capture #ThePoshLife on Instagram with us this month, and we’re absolutely loving the results. Poshers are quite the fabulous bunch! Here are just a few of our favorites, and you can find more on our Facebook album and also by searching #ThePoshLife on Instagram.
If you’re like us and wondering how we are already more than halfway through this month, don’t fret. It’s not too late to join in the June photo-a-day challenge fun. You can start any time and participate as long as you’d like. Follow @Poshmark on Instagram and post a photo with #ThePoshLife and you’ll be entered to win a $250 Posh shopping spree! For a full list of the month’s prompts, click here.
1. We Posh hard, we play hard! The Poshmark team took to a lakeside park this week for some team building fun in the sun. We’re a growing bunch that bonded over relay racing, pedal-boating and an epic scavenger hunt. Cheers to you, Poshers, who are at the heart of what we do!
2. Don’t miss a Posh Party ever again, thanks to our friends at Ringly, which launched their stylish smart ring this week. It allows you to stay on top of your Poshmark and other digital activity, notifying you so that you’re not glued to your phone 24/7.
3. NYC Poshers, save the date! We’re headed your way on June 26th. More details to come. Hope to see you there!
5. Congrats to Jennipher S. who won our Posh. Pin. Win. Summer Style Pinterest contest. Enjoy your $500 Posh Shopping Spree!
1. Suffer from FOMO? Then hurry to join in our Posh. Pin. Win. Summer Style Pinterest Sweepstakes. You have until 11:59 am, Monday, June 9 to enter for a chance to win a $500 Poshmark Shopping Spree. Enter at sweeps.piqora.com/poshpinwin.
2. Want another shot at a $250 Posh Shopping Spree? Join in the fun of our Living #ThePoshLife June Photo-A-Day Instagram Challenge. We’ve been snapping selfies, outfits, words of wisdom and it’s only just beginning. Entering is easy, click here for details. Cheers to #ThePoshLife!
3. You know we love working at Poshmark, but we love buying and selling on Poshmark, too. But don’t take our word for it, hear what others are saying:
"If you’re selling designer clothing, look no further than Poshmark." - CNET News.
"Do not spend another dollar at a retail clothing store until you hear about Poshmark." - KRON 4 News. See the full segment below:
4. Our cooler than cool co-founders, Manish and Tracy, took the stage at the Glazed Conference at Wearable World to talk all things fashion, tech and beyond. We are always inspired to see how the industry is growing and how Poshmark is part of shaping it!
5. Speaking of “glazed”… Happy National Donut Day! We’re bringing you two calorie-free ways to celebrate. First, with some cute balloons that can be found in our Smile File Pinterest board (spoiler alert: you’ll also find many a baby animal there as well). Secondly, we’re loving this donut cropped tank from Tai’s closet.
Do you love sharing selfies, outfits and basically your entire life on Instagram? Well, today is your lucky day because you’re primed and ready to rock our next Instagram contest! Ain’t no shame, Posher, do your thang!
So get your phone cams ready and join us for Living #ThePoshLife: June Photo-A-Day Challenge. Each day, reference the below prompts to inspire your post.
To be officially entered into the contest, you must:
Then, one lucky winner, selected at random, will receive $250 in Posh Credit. (Click here for full rules and details) While you don’t have to post every day to be entered, you won’t want to miss out on the fun of sharing and living the #ThePoshLife!
1. Bay Area Poshers, you’re invited to a LIVE Style Obsessions Posh Party at PMHQ! Join us from 6:30-9pm, Wednesday, May 28 for an evening of giveaways, food, drinks, friends and, of course, shopping! RSVP here - you don’t want to miss it!
2. Poshmark is all about the fashion, the deals and the fun, but it’s also a great way to promote stylish sustainability. Check out this latest feature where Poshmark was highlighted: 3 Stylish Startups That Want You to Ditch ‘Fast Fashion.’
3. We’re #ClosetCrush crazy here at PMHQ! Last week we kicked off the fun way to say thanks to your sellers and to show off your amazing PoshFinds. Have you thanked your #ClosetCrush yet? Here’s more info on how to do it. Plus, don’t forget that we’ll be giving shout-outs to our favorite #ClosetCrush posts and you could be featured!
4. You could be mere clicks away from a $500 Poshmark Shopping Spree. Have you entered our Posh. Pin. Win. Summer Style Sweepstakes? Hurry up, a major closet upgrade could be in your future.
5. Enablers, professional Poshers… call us what you will, but at PMHQ we live the sell, shop and party mantra of Poshmark. It’s so fun shopping with you all, especially when it means snagging an amazing Chanel bag such as this one. Congrats to Megan for taking her home from @allybourne’s closet! Psst… You should totally follow us on Instagram where we often share some of our favorite finds!
1. Last week we had the pleasure of spreading the PoshLove to all the stylish ladies at the LuckyFABB conference in LA. Visited our booth? Don’t forget to add our new closet widgets to your blog’s sidebar for your chance to win a Poshmark shopping spree-let us know using the hashtag #PoshLovesBloggers.
2. Today we were really feeling the Instagram love when style icon, friend and Poshmark investor, Rachel Zoe stopped by our page! What a very happy Friday!
3. Los Angeles, you know how to party! We had a fantastic time Posh Partying it up with our SoCal Poshers and couldn’t have asked for a more amazing evening. Missed out on the party? Check out all the photos from the event HERE and shop the virtual “Spring Fling” Posh Party HERE!
4. We can’t get enough of puppy Fridays here at PMHQ. Especially when we are able to get silly with a few accessories. These PoshPups are styling for spring! Love!
5. Whether you’re living it up at Coachella or taking it easy at home, we hope you all have a Poshtastic weekend! See you on the app for tons of Posh Party fun!
1. This week Poshmark released our first-ever Closet- Sharing Economy Report on peer-to-peer retail trends because we wanted to let you - the buyers and sellers - know all about the marketplace you know and love! Curious what the top selling brands on Poshmark are? What moves the fastest from listing to sale? When the best time to be on the app is? Check out this infographic recapping 2013 on Poshmark:
2. Insta-cuties! We are so happy to finally celebrate reaching 25k followers on Instagram this week. Our fabulous Posh community is the reason why we love posting all things fashion, fun and Poshmark, and you definitely helped us grow from 5k last January to five times as much - all in one year! Spread the PoshLove and encourage your PFFs to follow us on IG (if they haven’t already)!
3. Do you know what we love more than seeing Poshmark on TV? Seeing one of our Posh babes share how much she loves Poshmark on TV! On our very own local ABC 7 (SF), Posher Lauren did a fabulous job sharing how our app makes it possible for her to have all the trends she wants - even in the limited SF apartment space. Read all about it here!
4. Teen Vogue (yes, editorial home of cute, chic and trendy) and Poshmark have partnered together to give away a Nexus 7 Tablet so that one lucky gal can use it to build her own dream closet! To find out you can win, check out the contest details here!
5. Running out of ideas to dazzle your winter look? Check out the official Poshmark Pinterest - especially our “Sweater Weather” board - for a winter wonderland of cozy knits, accessorizing in print and lovely trends galore!
Fashion bloggers and tomorrow’s Posh Party hosts - Kathleen of Kat Walk SF and Caroline of Taste Bluebook - are cozying up to winter’s hottest trend: over-the-knee boots (OTK boots)! Read up on how these stylemakers take this glamorous look and wear it for daytime - along with other tips to stay fashionable through the winter. If you can’t get enough of their style, be sure to join them for their City Chic Posh Party tomorrow night!
1. What are your top wardrobe staples for San Francisco living?
The weather in San Francisco is unpredictable to say the least. My wardrobe choices must include a chance of a 30 degree temperature variance. The key to dressing for unpredictable weather is layering. From your foundation pieces to your outerwear, SF style is all about layering it on.
For me, this means a cami and knee-high socks to start. These pieces are crucial to staying warm and comfortable. From there, I add on a skinny jean, a chunky knit or silky woven, flat boots, a neutral scarf and a tailored coat. The key to true San Francisco style is to dress for any occasion and weather - and also, be prepared to add to it or take it all off at anytime!
2. How do you style OTK boots for a casual daytime look?
OTK boots can definitely be a challenge to style, especially for a daytime look. For this trend, it is always best to stay on the safe side, which means tucking a skinny jean into an OTK boot or wearing a knee length skirt to offset the height of the OTK boot shaft. Keep your daytime OTK look conservative and you will be good to go!
1. How do you cozy up to the OTK boots trend while staying warm?
In the winter, I’m all about layering. It’s just too cold outside and too warm inside to dress only for one temperature - no matter how short your commute in a cold car might be! I never knew I was missing out on over-the-knee boots until I finally got them. Their versatility makes them the ultimate layering piece. My default is skinny jeans or spandex and boots all winter long - why not cover up a little more leg for enhanced style AND added warmth?
2. Where do you look for style inspiration?
Instagram is so full of stylish individuals - bloggers and non-bloggers alike. It’s a great way to get a quick overview of someone’s style before trying to dig through a sea of blogs. IG also the added benefit of being an outlet for those who don’t blog but do share their style.
3. How are you refreshing your closet for the new year?
I recently read an awesome article that talked about “new” essential wardrobe items. We all know that every woman needs a pair of dark wash skinny jeans (even if you only wear them with boots, like I do), a basic black blazer and the always-classic trench. While these closet essentials are staples for a reason, there are a few simple swaps that can add a bit of flavor and personality to your closet.
While I kicked up my workwear collection with the addition of a leather pencil skirt, I like the idea of swapping out one of my basic silk button-down shirts with a loungewear-inspired (silk pajama) top or swapping out the tried-and-true ballet flat for a metallic oxford.