1. Last week we had the pleasure of spreading the PoshLove to all the stylish ladies at the LuckyFABB conference in LA. Visited our booth? Don’t forget to add our new closet widgets to your blog’s sidebar for your chance to win a Poshmark shopping spree-let us know using the hashtag #PoshLovesBloggers.
2. Today we were really feeling the Instagram love when style icon, friend and Poshmark investor, Rachel Zoe stopped by our page! What a very happy Friday!
3. Los Angeles, you know how to party! We had a fantastic time Posh Partying it up with our SoCal Poshers and couldn’t have asked for a more amazing evening. Missed out on the party? Check out all the photos from the event HERE and shop the virtual “Spring Fling” Posh Party HERE!
4. We can’t get enough of puppy Fridays here at PMHQ. Especially when we are able to get silly with a few accessories. These PoshPups are styling for spring! Love!
5. Whether you’re living it up at Coachella or taking it easy at home, we hope you all have a Poshtastic weekend! See you on the app for tons of Posh Party fun!
1. This week Poshmark released our first-ever Closet- Sharing Economy Report on peer-to-peer retail trends because we wanted to let you - the buyers and sellers - know all about the marketplace you know and love! Curious what the top selling brands on Poshmark are? What moves the fastest from listing to sale? When the best time to be on the app is? Check out this infographic recapping 2013 on Poshmark:
2. Insta-cuties! We are so happy to finally celebrate reaching 25k followers on Instagram this week. Our fabulous Posh community is the reason why we love posting all things fashion, fun and Poshmark, and you definitely helped us grow from 5k last January to five times as much - all in one year! Spread the PoshLove and encourage your PFFs to follow us on IG (if they haven’t already)!
3. Do you know what we love more than seeing Poshmark on TV? Seeing one of our Posh babes share how much she loves Poshmark on TV! On our very own local ABC 7 (SF), Posher Lauren did a fabulous job sharing how our app makes it possible for her to have all the trends she wants - even in the limited SF apartment space. Read all about it here!
4. Teen Vogue (yes, editorial home of cute, chic and trendy) and Poshmark have partnered together to give away a Nexus 7 Tablet so that one lucky gal can use it to build her own dream closet! To find out you can win, check out the contest details here!
5. Running out of ideas to dazzle your winter look? Check out the official Poshmark Pinterest - especially our “Sweater Weather” board - for a winter wonderland of cozy knits, accessorizing in print and lovely trends galore!
Fashion bloggers and tomorrow’s Posh Party hosts - Kathleen of Kat Walk SF and Caroline of Taste Bluebook - are cozying up to winter’s hottest trend: over-the-knee boots (OTK boots)! Read up on how these stylemakers take this glamorous look and wear it for daytime - along with other tips to stay fashionable through the winter. If you can’t get enough of their style, be sure to join them for their City Chic Posh Party tomorrow night!
1. What are your top wardrobe staples for San Francisco living?
The weather in San Francisco is unpredictable to say the least. My wardrobe choices must include a chance of a 30 degree temperature variance. The key to dressing for unpredictable weather is layering. From your foundation pieces to your outerwear, SF style is all about layering it on.
For me, this means a cami and knee-high socks to start. These pieces are crucial to staying warm and comfortable. From there, I add on a skinny jean, a chunky knit or silky woven, flat boots, a neutral scarf and a tailored coat. The key to true San Francisco style is to dress for any occasion and weather - and also, be prepared to add to it or take it all off at anytime!
2. How do you style OTK boots for a casual daytime look?
OTK boots can definitely be a challenge to style, especially for a daytime look. For this trend, it is always best to stay on the safe side, which means tucking a skinny jean into an OTK boot or wearing a knee length skirt to offset the height of the OTK boot shaft. Keep your daytime OTK look conservative and you will be good to go!
1. How do you cozy up to the OTK boots trend while staying warm?
In the winter, I’m all about layering. It’s just too cold outside and too warm inside to dress only for one temperature - no matter how short your commute in a cold car might be! I never knew I was missing out on over-the-knee boots until I finally got them. Their versatility makes them the ultimate layering piece. My default is skinny jeans or spandex and boots all winter long - why not cover up a little more leg for enhanced style AND added warmth?
2. Where do you look for style inspiration?
Instagram is so full of stylish individuals - bloggers and non-bloggers alike. It’s a great way to get a quick overview of someone’s style before trying to dig through a sea of blogs. IG also the added benefit of being an outlet for those who don’t blog but do share their style.
3. How are you refreshing your closet for the new year?
I recently read an awesome article that talked about “new” essential wardrobe items. We all know that every woman needs a pair of dark wash skinny jeans (even if you only wear them with boots, like I do), a basic black blazer and the always-classic trench. While these closet essentials are staples for a reason, there are a few simple swaps that can add a bit of flavor and personality to your closet.
While I kicked up my workwear collection with the addition of a leather pencil skirt, I like the idea of swapping out one of my basic silk button-down shirts with a loungewear-inspired (silk pajama) top or swapping out the tried-and-true ballet flat for a metallic oxford.
We are so excited to have launched Poshmark on Android and want to share with our community some of our favorite Android apps to use when creating those glamorous Covershots. With so many to choose from, we chose our top three for ease of usability and variety. Can’t wait to see what gorgeous cover shots our Poshers are creating!
1. PhotoGrid – Free
A must-have app, PhotoGrid allows you to create collages with your photos. Modify the layout, play with the ratio of the frames, add text and clip art – this app does it all! Fun little tip – you can shake your device and the app will change the layout for you, if you can’t decide.
2. LINE camera – Free
LINE camera is another fantastic app that gives you the flexibility to play around with collage options. You can also select from a variety of filters, including ones that have the fun bokeh effect. Tap the filter to see other options for that style; in our example we chose the Party filter. Don’t forget you can also play with the intensity to make your filter full effect or faded!
3. Phonto – Free
We know every now and then you want to add a pop of text in a fun font to add dimension to your cover shot. Vary the font, the pt. size, even the color with this great app for typefaces. Tilt words to match the direction of an item in your photo and play with the location of the text. The options are pretty much endless!
As you may know, Poshmark uses Priority Mail shipping labels for all Poshmark orders. But what boxes can you use to ship? We’re here to clear that up for you!
Priority Mail Boxes
USPS offers a line of FREE boxes and envelopes for Priority Mail customers. This packaging can be picked up at many Post Offices, but keep in mind that at some locations they may be kept behind the counter so you’ll have to ask for them. Don’t have time to go to the post office? No sweat! You can order supplies for free on USPS.com or on their free mobile app.
Your Own Packaging
If you have your own boxes or padded envelopes lying around, you are, of course, welcome to use them to ship your sales. We do caution that you are careful to cover or remove any old shipping labels, barcodes or addresses so that your package is properly delivered.
What Not to Use
USPS offers a variety of free packages for it’s different mail services. If you are using the boxes they provide, be sure you are not shipping in the boxes that are labeled ‘Express,’ ‘Flat Rate,’ or ‘Regional Rate’ as they will causes delivery delays and/or additional shipping fees.
As always, if you have questions about shipping or anything else, please feel free to reach out to our support team. We’re happy to help!
1. Party time, excellent! Another Friday is here, meaning a whole weekend full of stylish Posh Parties are upon us including our first Holiday Essentials party on Sunday, don’t miss out! Tis the season!
2. Our #PoshStyle giveaway may be taking a little shopping break, but that doesn’t mean you can’t share your fab photos with us. Join a group of Poshaholics who created their own #30DayPoshFindChallenge to showcase their favorite finds, we are totally stalking their daily posts!
3. We heart Choo! Really, we do! We shared these gorgeous heels on Instagram earlier in the week, and we can’t stop thinking about them in all their beauty. If you are in the market for new pumps, snag these before they are gone!
4. We love a good chuckle, and this ecard definitely had us laughing! Let’s just say we know there will be some really good listings coming our way once the holidays come and go. ;-)
5. It’s all about the #PoshLove each and everyday for us here at PMHQ, so this photo from our user Sarah, just made us feel warm and fuzzy. We love you all so much and hope you have an amazing weekend, Poshers!
1. If you’ve stopped by the Endicia table at PoshFest, you’re probably wondering which lucky Poshers won an ahh-mazing scale from their giveaway!
Drumroll, please - congratulations to Kate of @wearinla, Darci of @dw_style and Erin of @erinnmiller! These lovely ladies will receive a top-of-the-line scale from Endicia and Poshmark to help take their closet to the next level!
2. Hello, our glam ghouls! So much Posh love for celebrating Halloween with us on Instagram and on the blog. We hope that we inspired a few last-minute costumes.
3. LuckyFABULOUS! That’s the word to describe Poshmark’s experience at LuckyFABB this year. From the super chic style conversation with Eva Mendes (yes, scarves are in) to meeting old and new fashion friends that are Poshers themselves, we did leave our hearts in New York.
4. Poshmark has had a sparkly good time this Fall season. To celebrate how much we’ve been fall-ing for sweater weather, we’re rounding up our last nine Instagrams! From Halloween to captivating cover shots, there’s no end to all the funtivities for Poshmark.
5. Happy Friday!
The cherry on top of the Friday 5 sundae is a little, but loud reminder to never let anyone dull your sparkle.
If you love these inspirational quotes as much as we do, follow our "Words of Wisdom" board on Pinterest!
From puppy cameos to accessories galore, our #POSHSTYLE Instagram Giveaway had some wow-worthy Covershots that absolutely won us over. We wanted to feature a few of our favorites - and it’s easy to see with the pops of color and print (and all that sass) why our Poshmark community are inspirations of style.
Even though our giveaway is officially over (for now), we think that great style never sleeps and encourage you to continue showing us how you #POSHSTYLE your favorite Posh purchases on Instagram! It’s never goodbye, it’s we’ll see you later!
1. We might of left our hearts in Vegas, but the PoshFest fun isn’t over yet! We are so excited to announce our PoshFest winners for our Posh Party Instagram Giveaway and our Covershot contest.
Congrats to Sayestebrown for winning our Posh Party Instagram Giveaway for winning $100 in Posh Credits! Give so much Posh love for bostonshopper, mizfabulousity, jessicarabbit13 and thebayarean for winning $25 in Posh Credits in our CoverShot contest.
2. Calling all Insta-fans! Take pictures of how you style your favorite Posh purchases and enter for a chance to win $50 in Posh Credits. Don’t delay - our POSHSTYLE Instagram Giveaway is officially ending Monday, October 28th 12PM PST.
With this last week, get chic!
3. Extra, extra, read all about it: Poshmark’s celebrity investors include Rachel Zoe and Ashton Kutcher! Last week, the media was buzzing all about the announcement on VentureBeat - and so for the fun of it, we’re reliving the spotlight!
Check out what VentureBeat and Refinery29 have to say about it!
4. Magazine mavens, have you seen this month’s edition of InStyle? Poshmark was included in InStyle’s #bestofdigi under their Consignment Insider list. Refashioning is SO in!
Read all about it!
5. Drumroll, please! There are BIG, BIG things that we’re planning at PMHQ for the app in the next few weeks, and we can barely keep it a secret.
Just stay tuned to the blog and our social media channels these upcoming weeks - we’ll definitely give you hints!
Since great style never sleeps, we encourage you to continue showing us how you #POSHSTYLE your favorite Posh purchases on Instagram!
Two stylish Poshers a week who follow Poshmark on Instagram and show us their #POSHSTYLE will win $50 in Posh Credits until 11:59 a.m. PST on October 28, 2013. Yes – that’s a total of 14 winners! See more details below:
How To Enter:
Entering this giveaway is as easy as 1-2-3:
Increase your chances of winning by entering as many times each week as you’d like! Just be sure every entry is different.
For more info, check out our Official Rules here.
Winners Selection: At the end of each week, the Poshmark team will randomly select two lucky winners who will each receive $50 in Posh Credits towards a future purchase on Poshmark. Good luck!