The most special thing about Poshmark is our vibrant and fabulous community of women who share a common love for fashion and friendship. For Valentine’s Day, we can’t think of a better Valentine than our very own Poshers. We wouldn’t be where we are today without all of your PoshLove!
Happy Valentine’s Day from PMHQ.
Dress festively and fashionably for the rest of the season. Grab a little sequin sparkle and other holiday trends at our Posh Parties all week long! Shop stylish host picks from your favorite influencers - like author Paige Wolf of Spit That Out! - or from our fabulous community hosts!
We’ve shared a lot of advice on how to take Covershots in the past, but what about the other three photo shots? Once your Covershot has caught a potential buyer’s eye, you can seal the deal with other amazing shots. Read on for our tips on taking a great product shot:
Your photos will come out clearer if you brace your arm or camera on something stationary. This is especially important in low light situations.
Be Mindful of Your Surroundings
Make sure your foreground and background are clear of anything that may take away from your product shot.
Take Multiple Shots
Multiple shots means more chances at a perfect product shot. Use your device’s camera app to click away as many times as you need to get the shot.
Use Flash Sparingly
Your photos will turn out much better and look more like they do in real life if you keep the flash off and use natural light. If natural light isn’t available, try a brightly lit room rather than overexposing one area of the item you are photographing.
Tap the Screen to Focus
Avoid blurry images by tapping on the item you’re photographing to make the focus crystal clear. This tip is especially important when taking close up shots of your image.
Don’t Over Edit
Sometimes less is more when it comes to after effects. Make sure your additions and changes don’t take away from your amazing photography skills!
Try Something New
Experiment with the types of product shots you take. Get inspiration from fellow Poshers, try arranging items differently and give new angles a try.
Don’t know what to get your fashionable loved ones for the holidays this year? With our new feature for iOS and on the Web (don’t worry Android is coming soon!)- Showrooms - finding the perfect gift is made even easier. Check out the main page for the entire list of showrooms, or our fave winter essentials like J. Crew Sweaters to Chunky Knit Scarves.
Happy holiday Poshing!
1. What are your must-have items in your closet?
I tend to dress in layers because I ever know how hot or cold I will be when working on photoshoots, so good quality tees like James Perse, tons of well tailored blazers from Rag & Bone, and jeans like J.Brand that wear well without giving me “saggy butt.”
Tis’ the season to shop on Poshmark! Shop for the fashionista in your life by joining us for our Posh Parties all week long. If you need a little style advice, check out the host picks of our fashion influencers - Liz of Dear Andi, Laura of Walking in Memphis in High Heels, Elissa (@elissaemoto), Christina (@hanjiun), Joell (@jemoto) and Caryl (@cwizzy). Also, don’t miss out on the picks of our other fabulous community hosts!
1. Let’s win the Crunchies together! Show your PoshLove this holiday season and nominate “Poshmark” for the 2013 Crunchies. Follow these super easy steps here, and in less than a minute, you can show the tech world why you Posh all day every day.
3. Hello, Showrooms! We are so excited to share with you our new app feature for iPhone: Showrooms. This brand new way to discover and shop for your favorite trends and brands - from Zara shoes to Brandy Melville & Wildfox Under $50 - will change the way you Posh!
Find more about it in this blog post, and download or upgrade your Poshmark app for iPhone to start shopping with Showrooms. You can also browse showroom listings from the web here!
4. Got holiday shopping on the mind? With $1 shipping on orders $35+ on Poshmark, getting something special for the fashionista in your life (and a little gift or two for you) is even easier! Hurry - this offer ends Sunday 12/15 at 11:59 PM PST!
5. Get your favorite fashionista something spankin’ new from our NWT (New With Tags) showroom from all of our Posh Parties! All you have to do is visit our Posh Parties and click on the NWT tab on our party menu. From NWT showrooms at our Bold & Beautiful party to Cute Clutches & Wallets, you’ll be sure to find something fabulous and one-of-a-kind for under the tree.
Having weekend blues? Start your work week stylishly by shopping your favorite trends at our Posh Parties daily! Shop winter trends curated by Poshmark’s fashion influencers: Jennifer of Stylebone, Adiel of It’s Because I Think Too Much and Jennifer of Just Add Glam! Also, don’t miss out on the host picks of our other community hosts at Posh Parties all week long.
Today is an extra special day at PMHQ. Poshmark is turning two! It’s all thanks to our fabulous community whose passion for style, shopping and sisterhood inspire us to grow Poshmark to where it is now.
Tonight from Seattle to Boston, Poshers near and far are going to be celebrating Year Two at their hometown birthday bashes. In our native San Francisco bay area, we are throwing a night to remember filled with fab food, dancing and of course, sparkle.
Can’t make us to our birthday bash? Follow the hashtag PoshmarkTurns2 on social media to cyber celebrate with us.
Thank you so much to our Posh community for showing us love, passion, and amazing fashions these past two years! We are so thankful that we have an extra special surprise planned for you. Stay tuned for tomorrow’s post for more details!