2. Speaking of bloggers, we have partnered up with Lucky Magazine and will be at the Lucky FABB conference next week in LA! If you are attending, be sure to swing by the lounge to say, snag some oh-so-posh goodies.
3. We couldn’t have started our Friday with a more exciting feature from Venture Beat. Named one of the 8 best shopping apps alongside some fashion heavy hitters, it’s safe to say our week (or month) is made! Check out the full article HERE.
4. Aint no party like a Poshmark party! If you live in the Los Angeles area, be sure to rsvp to our LIVE “Spring Fling” Posh Party happening next Wednesday, 4/2! Shopping, giveaways, & mingling— what’s not to love?
5. Ah, Snapchat. If you know how much we love social media, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that we are now on Snapchat. Follow along behind the scenes at PMHQ by adding us @ TeamPoshmark! See you on the snap side!
The sandals are coming out to play and we hope you are too! This week we have fashion influencers Sandi, Aubrey, Jocelyn and Talia hosting two fabulous Posh Parties in addition to our other community hosts each and every day!
See you at there for all the shopping fun!
Scoring a good deal on Poshmark is all about finding it first. Read on for a handful of tips that can help you nab the next amazing Posh find for your wardrobe.
Find your Stylemate
First things first, find your stylemates on Poshmark. A stylemate is someone who wears the same sizes you do and shares a similar taste in style. There is no one simple way to instantly find your stylemate, but you can find a lot of great closets by searching for people who sell pieces from your favorite brands and designers. Following these users mean that when they list new items, you’ll see them in your feed on Poshmark, therefore the potential for seeing them before other users is greater.
Shop “First Look” Showrooms
The second and third party every day always has a showroom that is titled “First Look.” In case you’re not familiar with it, this showroom is a one-stop-shop for all items that have never been shared to a Posh Party before. While these items are not necessarily brand new to Poshmark, there is still a pretty good chance for you to unearth a killer deal by perusing this showroom.
Search Poshmark by Keyword
Are you on the hunt for a specific item or style? Try searching for the item name or using keywords to scour all closet listings. If you don’t find the item you’re looking for right away, don’t fret. Just check back regularly because you never know when your dream piece will be listed for sale. Additionally Poshmark automatically saves your most recent search history in the app so you can easily search again whenever you want!
Bartering With Care
Some Poshers are open to bartering their listed prices, but your success in doing so all depends on how you approach it. Many users are turned off by comments such as “Lowest?” or offers that are significantly lower than the listed prices. You’ll find better results by approaching users with full sentences and bargaining in terms of percentage. For instance, try figuring out what 15% off their listed price is and ask if they’d be willing accept that amount.
Seasonality of Shopping
There is a quite a bit of seasonality when it comes to shopping; you tend to buy swimsuits and sandals at the spring and coats, sweaters, and boots at the fall. In considering the law of supply and demand, the more in demand a particular kind of item is, the more expensive it’ll be. That means at the end of a season, those seasonal items will most likely be available at deeper discounts due to the decline in demand. Bonus tip: This is also something helpful to keep in mind when stocking your closet as a seller.
Recruit Your Friends
Get friends to help you shop! The more eyes looking for any particular order, the better. At PMHQ, we’ve all become familiar with one another’s sizes and styles so when we find something that’s perfect for them, we tag them to let them know. And don’t worry if your friends aren’t on Poshmark already because you can invite them! The best part is it’s an easy $50 bucks for you (plus $5 for each friend) if they use your referral code!
We hope that by using some or all of these tips will help you find you new go-to handbag, your dream shoes, or anything else your closet desires.
1. Team Posh can’t stop and won’t stop having fun at work! This week we celebrated February at our monthly themed Happy Hour, and PMHQ took it back to the 90s. With a little Wu Tang Punch and Poshables (think Lunchables with a stylish twist), we danced to our slow jam favorites and some Spice Girls.
2. If you think Poshmark is the best app ever, please vote for us for the Best App Ever Awards - under the “Best Shopping App” category. Voting is super easy.
All you need is to go to the Nominees page here and click “Vote for this app” next to our icon. If you’re feeling a little extra PoshLove, share on social media and ask your other PFFs to vote as well! Voting ends March 15th, so don’t be shy and show us some <3 today.
3. Are you in serious shopping mode for the up-coming spring season?
Well, Poshmark Showrooms are the perfect shopping destination for new trends! Read up on which Showroom listings are must-haves for PMHQ here. While you’re waiting for the weather to be more fabulous, browse through our Showroom of the day: Jumpsuits & Rompers!
4. Just like your real life besties, Poshmark loves it when you share how you style your favorite purchases. Use the hashtag “PoshStyle” on Instagram and Twitter and show us how love wearing your Posh purchases, and your OOTD might be featured by us!
5. Friday is definitely for laughter, and we can’t get enough of it here at PMHQ. So we’re starting the weekend off with a giggle-worthy video that will make you think, “What about cupcakes for dinner tonight?”
(Really. Why not?)
The gals at PMHQ are not only obsessed with making your Poshmark experience more fabulous, but they are also big on trends! We asked a few members of our Community team to share what spring trends they can’t wait to try out - along with a few of their Showooms wishlist items.
Showroom: Jeffrey Campbell Under $100
She says: “Quilted and trimmed with chains make these chic wedges perfect to wear for winter to spring transition. These beauties will even keep me looking luxe all the way through those fun summer nights!”
Showroom: Printed Pants
She says: “I am woman, hear my roar! Printed leopard pants are chic for the office and glam for a night-out in the city! After all, leopard is pretty much neutral, right?”
Showroom: Saint Laurent Heels & Shoes
She says: “These stilettos are like finding a pot of gold but in the form of a shoe! The metallic pebbled look is the perfect touch to an edgy leather look or even a sweet pastel outfit.”
Showroom: Proenza Schouler PS1 Bags
She says: “This casual chic bag is perfect for my work week and then into the weekend!”
Showroom: Zara Under $50
She says: “Burgundy is a stylish color for day and night; I like that I can transition these.”
Showroom: Valentino Handbags & Shoes
She says: “Every girl needs a pop of color!”
Showroom: Zara Under $50
She says: “I’m obsessed with French Bulldogs, so the print on these pants is too cute to handle!”
Showroom: Kate Spade Wallets
She says: “I love the polka dots on this fabulous clutch. It’s the perfect size to carry all of your everyday necessities.”
Showroom: D’Orsay Shoes
She says: “These black d’orsay flats are the perfect staple to any wardrobe because they’re both comfortable and on trend.”
Did you know that you can shop your favorite brands with our shiny new “Shop” tab? Visit our Brands page to get the full lineup of brands on brands. This week we’re crushing hard on Clover Canyon for their bold and beautiful neoprene pieces. These listings will make your closet beg “Pretty prints, please?”
Shop, shop, shop:
1. Clover Canyon Silk Pants: $90
2. Clover Canyon Neoprene Crop Top: $100
3. Clover Canyon Chiffon Top: $70
Hollywood darling and up-and-coming fashion icon - Kate Bosworth - knows a thing or two about designing a great outfit. In 2013, the actress partnered up with Topshop to bring city chic style to the masses, and now you can get this look for less on Poshmark!
With February almost over, we’re already dreaming of spring trends (hello, floral kimonos)! Get started on stocking up for the next style season by shopping the curated picks of fashion influencers - Emily of E. Kammeyer Accessories and Jennifer of The Stylish Housewife - and our other fabulous community hosts!
1. Hey, social (media) butterflies! Did you know that Poshmark is on Google+? Now, you can follow all the updates on fashion fun at PMHQ on our newest platform.
If you love daily style and sass, be sure to follow us on Google+ and give us a +1!
2. Ever wanted to chat with Poshmark about the latest in the fashion industry, beauty tips and more? Every Wednesday, we talk shop at StyleCaster’s most buzzed-about hour on Twitter, StyleChat!
If you follow and use the hashtag “StyleChat” at 12PM PST, you can send us all your questions about trending fashion and join style mavens from all across the world for the fashionable hour on Twitter.
3. Oh la love! We’re crushing on the “Ankle Strap Heels, Sandals & Wedges” Showroom because we’re obsessed with shoes that are flirty AND fierce.
We want almost every shoe in this Showroom, and we hope that you can find the pair of your dreams here.
4. The Posh Party fun doesn’t end with the work week.
Whether you’re cozying up with a wine glass and Netflix or out with your girlfriends, join us for our weekend Posh Parties for all your shopping needs - all from your phone!
5. Friday is a day of inspiration, so we hope to kickstart a fabulous weekend with a little reminder to always style yourself with class and a little Posh. ;)
For more daily inspiration, be sure to follow our "Words of Wisdom" board on Pinterest!
Fashion blogger and darling Posher - Dhuvri of Stilettos & Sequins - loves to share her passion for style. With NYFW behind us, we’re so excited that she’s taking over the blog today to discuss which trends were hot on the runway this year.
If you’re eager to try out a new look, check out Dhuvri’s host picks at tonight’s Street Style Posh Party!
In this OOTD, I’ve put together an outfit incorporating two of my favorite AW14 trends - gold, red and an absolute staple - leopard. Burgundy is one of my favorite colors to pair with gold. I know some of us are sick of this cold weather, but the fact remains - Winter is my favorite season of the year.
I am so excited to be guest blogging for Poshmark today, and I’m even more thrilled about hosting my first Posh Party tonight - I hope you’ll join
me! Since New York Fashion Week AW14 shows just ended, I thought it would be the perfect time to talk about the top five trends on the AW14 runways:
Checker Print: Whether it’s plaid, gingham, tartan or windowpane, checker prints have been having quite the moment this Fall/Winter, and they are back for Round 2! I’ve worn my share of checker prints on my blog, and I can’t wait to rock more!
Fur: While fur has been a Fall/Winter staple, the AW14 runways were all
about fur in some awesome colors and furry accents.
Gold: Dying, you guys! Designers definitely went for gold for AW14, and
I’m not complaining - I love me some gold! Whether it’s a little or a lot,
don’t be afraid to rock gold!
Red: A bit of a surprise, huh? Bright reds to burgundies, NYFW was
definitely in the red zone!
White: Over the past couple years, designers have been consistently breaking the “No white after Labor Day” rule, and I couldn’t be
happier. I love white, and I’m not gonna stop wearing it … ever!
Are you excited for these trends? What is your favorite?