Happy Friday, friends! We’re grinning from ear to ear because this week was filled to the brim with our two loves: fashion AND technology! From a super successful event, to amazing press, we’re feeling so thankful!
1. Third Wave Fashion+ Poshmark: This past Tuesday evening, SF’s finest fashion & tech crowd came out to Zappos Labs HQ for a great event to hear all about Embracing Fashion in Tech. Yours truly partnered with Third Wave Fashion to host the event and in addition, our Co-Founders and CEO spoke on the panel. We loved hearing the insightful information the panelists shared with us, along with mingling with new and old friends! Our favorite quote of the evening came from Poshmark’s CEO, Manish Chandra: “It’s all about love!” Yep—we love our community!
2. Posh Press: This week was filled with amazing press spreading the Poshmark love across the country! Two of our rock star users were a part of the press love, as they were interviewed! Check out the Money Monday and Texas Living clips to watch them in action!
3. Third Posh Party: If you haven’t already noticed in the app, we have added a special third Posh Party in the afternoons! Be sure to tune in at 12pm PST Monday-Friday throughout the holiday season to find more specific items from jewelry to dresses AND items that are New With Tags! Hello, gift giving! :)
4. New Feature Alert! Poshmark has released a new version of the app! Be sure to update because you can now shop for items that are “New With Tags” aka “NWT”! Stay tuned for more information on the other fun things this new release includes!
5. Extra Cash This Holiday Season: The great thing about Poshmark is that not only can you shop for amazing pieces at a discounted price, but you actually can MAKE money! SheFinds.com featured Poshmark this week, where they share their excitement of adding some extra cash to the bank during this otherwise feeling-broke-kind-of-season.
Hope you have a fabulous weekend! XO!
With Thanksgiving just around the corner, we wanted to start saying “thanks” a little early to our amazing community for showing us so much love! Let’s get right into all the #PoshLove!
1. PoshLove: This week we have hit some major milestones on social media and owe it all to you. Yes-YOU! We have over 2,000 followers on Twitter and over 3,000 on Instagram (check out our new Instagram webpage. Awesome, right?!). Major thanks for following our adventures and be sure to stay tuned because we have so many more exciting things headed your way!
2. Third Wave Fashion + Poshmark: You may have already seen the news here, but just in case you haven’t: We have partnered up with our NYC friends over at Third Wave Fashion to bring you one amazing event on Embracing Fashion In Tech. Tickets are still available, so if you are in the San Francisco area we would love for you to join us! If you’re not in SF, be sure to follow us on Twitter, as we’ll be live Tweeting and sharing pics!
3. Vote for Poshmark: We have been nominated for a Tech Crunch “Crunchie Award”- YAY! It would mean the world to us if you took 10 seconds (literally SO easy) to vote for us as the Best E-Commerce App. You can voteonce a day until 12/6 so set those reminders and help us win!
4. Host Picks Showroom: This has been another week full of amazing Posh Parties and hosts! If you haven’t been tuning in to the Host Picks Showroom you are missing out on all the hand-selected picks. This week we had a record of over 200 listings shared into a Host Showroom. Yep, our Hosts ROCK! Check out what goodies they curated the rooms with and shop their picks!
5. #PoshStyled #PoshPackages: It just makes our day (okay, more like our week) when we see your adorable Poshmark packages arriving at home and when you style up your most recent Poshmark purchase! Be sure to share the photos with us by Tweeting to us or tagging us on Instagram. You can also use the hashtags #PoshStyled or #PoshPackages. We will featuring these photos, so keep your eyes peeled!
We live, eat, and breathe everything fashion and tech related, which is why we are so excited to announce our partnership with Third Wave Fashion! The NYC-based company is coming to San Francisco to host a fun event on Embracing Fashion In Tech.
Not only have we invited other Bay Area industry professionals to speak on the panel, but our own Co-Founders and CEO Manish Chandra and Tracy Sun will be getting in on the action! We hope you can come join us, have a cocktail, and do some networking! See below for all the details.
Who: Third Wave Fashion, Poshmark + Fashion Technology Accelerator
What: Networking, Industry Panel, Demos, & Cocktails
When: Tuesday, November 13th 6:30-9pm
Where: Zappos Lab HQ, 121 2nd Street, San Francisco, CA 94015
Tickets: Click here to register for the event!
**BONUS**: Poshmark is gifting tickets to the first 50 people to register using code “TWFPoshmark”. Hurry, they’re going fast!
New York Fashion Week has come and gone. We went, we saw, and we’re totally inspired with everything from the spring runway shows, to the fab street style captured throughout all of NYC. Here are some of our NYFW highlights…not to mention an exciting announcement!
1. #NYFWPoshParty: We added a few additional Posh Parties during the day this week to celebrate NYFW. In addition to the amazing listings that coincided with the runway shows themselves, we asked some fun fashion and style questions and want to thank you for joining in on the fashion week Posh Party fun in the app! We hope to have more parties like this in the future because we love hearing what you have to say about your style and how you feel about different trends. In case you missed these Posh Parties, don’t you worry- you can still shop the parties here: “NYFW: Rebecca Minkoff, Nicole Miller & Herve Leger” ,”NYFW: Tory Burch, Zac Posen, & Anna Sui”, & “NYFW: Michael Kors, Rachel Zoe, Nanette Lepore, & Milly”.
2. DVF through Google Glasses: We’re suckers for all-things fashion + tech (for obvious reasons, of course!). That’s why one of our favorite things that popped up post-fashion week came from the ever-inspiring Diane Von Furstenberg. She partnered wit Google Glass to show the world first-hand what it’s like to BE DVF, preparing for fashion week with her team, and what it looks like strutting down the runway. Love.
3. Hangout. Google Style: Another awesome fashion-meets-tech highlight for us was when Lyst invited a handful of ladies (a few a which are local SF friends and Poshmark users) to a Google Hangout to ask questions and interact backstage with different designers and industry peeps! This is inpsiring us to host our own Google Hangout in the future for you! Would you attend?!
4. “Get the Look”: We had a blast recreating a few of our favorite Street Style looks from NYFW using Poshmark finds! We will be doing these posts regularly now so be on the look out on how you can find complete looks on the app!
5. Miami here we come! If you heard our teaser announcement on Twitter, then you now know that the Poshmark team is heading to MIAMI! We will be there 9/27 throwing a LIVE Posh Party with some really fab hosts, so be sure to save the date! We’d love to have you join us in person or in the app. Keep a look out for all the details on our blog next week!
Another week, another five things that had us completely blown away with excitement.
1. We heart our community! This is our number one this week because we seriously could not ask for a more passionate, enthusiastic, and supportive community! You guys blow us away more and more each week with your kind words, positive feedback, and passion for Poshmark!
2. Over 10,000 listings at a Posh Party! That’s right. You read it correctly. Our “Hello, Sunshine” Posh Party this week racked in over 10,000 Listings (11,269 to be exact)! So. Much. Fashion. Woo-hoo!
3. Announcing Daytime Posh Parties! For all you earlier birds out there, we thought it would be fun to throw a few additional daytime Posh Parties! Be on the lookout for party invites within the app. You can also always check the ‘Parties’ tab and look out for our messages on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. The next daytime party will be “Tory, Kate, & Becky” at 1pm PST on Sunday, so come join in on the Tory Burch, Kate Spade, and Rebecca Minkoff shopping fiasco! #yesplease
4. Shop Past Parties! Speaking of daytime parties, we hosted our first one earlier this morning. Our “Marc Jacobs & Michael Kors” Posh Party was a huge hit with some seriously amazing listings. Check out and shop all of the clothes, bags and watches here. Don’t forget you can also shop other past parties by tapping the ‘Parties’ tab in the app.
5. P’trique is SO Posh! I don’t think there are enough words for how much the new “Sh*t Fashion Girls Say” video made us laugh (honestly, we’re still watching it on the daily). P’trique does a perfect job of summarizing our love of fashion, tech, and social media in one hilarious and catchy video. Hashtag TotesAmaze. OBVI!
Have a great weekend! xo
Last night we were honored to have some of our Bay Area users and friends stop by the Poshmark office for a little Listing Party! It was so fun to help each other take amazing Covershots, sip a little wine and giggle the night away! Check out some of the pictures from the evening:
Check out the rest of the pictures from the event on the Poshmark Facebook!
Happy Friday, friends! We have another week of amazing highlights we want to share with you because they’ve made us oh-so-happy!
1. Our LA/OC Listing Parties. Seeing old friends and meeting new ones! We couldn’t have asked for a better group to join us in Beverly Hills and Huntington Beach! To see all the pics from our trip click HERE. Can’t wait to be back in La-La-Land!
2. Come visit us at Poshmark HQ! If you live in the Bay Area, be sure to come to our Accessories Listing Party next week! Click HERE for all the deets. Hope to see you here!
3. Windy City, here we come! The Poshmark team is heading to Chicago for a Posh Party! Details to come, but save the date: 6/27 from 6-9pm. You know us—we’re always guaranteed for a fun and fashionable Poshmark time!
4. Neon & Brights Posh Party: Tonight is going to be a colorfully-wonderful in-app Posh Party that you do not want to miss! Bright colors are so on trend so be sure to check out the listings and snag yourself a pair of neon skinnies or a bright blouse!
5. Call the press! Poshmark was featured on KSDK News Channel interviewing our awesome user Kandice (@Kandice_Brenner on Poshmark) Watch the video HERE.
Hope everyone has an amazing (and Poshmark-filled) weekend! Until next week! <3