If the temperature has taken a significant downward spiral for us here in California, we can only imagine how chilly it is on the East Coast! To prepare, we’re getting our fall outfits ready: scarves, cozy sweaters, and, one of our favorites, BOOTS! We scoured Poshmark to find a handful of fabulous boots that will help you kick off the cold and wet weather on the right foot, no matter what your style is!
Can you believe it’s already the middle of October?! Neither can we (and we haven’t even started thinking of what to dress up as for Halloween!). But we’re definitely loving everything the gorgeous month of October is bringing along with it. Here are five things that have made us happy this week:
1. There’s a chill in the air! The weather in the Bay Area during this time of the year is a little unpredictable. One second we’re experiencing our long-overdue summer and the next moment the temperature calls for jackets and scarves. This week, we’ve definitely felt the latter—and are SO happy to dust off our faux fur, boots, and scarves and find new threads on Poshmark to fulfill our need to layer up!
2. Go Giants! While we’re on the subject of our hometown, we have to give a little shout-out to our favorite baseball team, the San Francisco Giants, for making it one step closer to the World Series. We’re not only impressed with their determination and teamwork, but we love the fact that we can continue to appropriately dress in orange and black!
3. Posh Party-It-Up kind of weekend! Not only are we beyond ready for tonight’s “Handbags, Shoes & Accessories” Posh Party (some of our personal favorites!), but we honestly can’t wait for tomorrow night’s party. Why? Because we get to channel our inner fierceness with you for our “Party Like a Rockstar” Posh Party! Bring on the leather, bling, and attitude, ladies!
4. Do blondes really have more fun? The answer is really up for debate, especially since most of our office is made up of brunettes, but we were all shocked—and in major awe—when the news hit the Internet that the gorgeous Erika Bearman, aka OscarPRGirl, turned her dark locks platinum blonde. This ambitious task took over twelve hours to complete and we can’t stop obsessing over her new look. Anyone else feeling inspired for a major makeover?
5. Thank you, new followers! We’re self-proclaimed social media geeks here in the office and get so excited each and every time we get a new follower on any of our accounts. Thank you for connecting with us, Tweeting us your latest Poshmark finds, and sharing your closets on Instagram!
October? Is that really you?! While we can’t believe that time is flying as fast as it is, we are so excited for another fashion-filled month! Between new Posh Parties, updates of the Poshmark app, and just all around fall-fashion-fun, here is our round up of highlights this week!
1. App Update! Have you updated to the newest version of Poshmark? If not, what are you waiting for? There’s a slew of new features including sharing your Poshmark Closet to Instagram, reporting and blocking users, and being able to filter through sold items!
2. Posh Party Heaven. This week’s Posh Parties blew.us.away. Not only did we have the highest number of listings at our “Girly Girl” party, but last night we had the highest number of listings shared to our “Host Picks Showroom,” with a whopping 202 listings!
3. Instalove. We have been feeling SO much love from our users via Instagram! Between outfit posts with Poshmark pieces styled up, your packages ready to be shipped, and sharing your Poshmark closets, we are definitely feeling oh-so-happy to see your pics! Keep ‘em coming (and don’t forget to tag us @Poshmark)!
4. Support the Cause. October kicks of Breast Cancer Awareness Month and we definitely want to take a moment to show our support for all the fighters and their families! There are some great fashion collaborations out there where proceeds go to help finding a cure, so be sure to check these out: Essie, LOFT, & Oia Jules.
“It’s amazing what we can accomplish when we’re in it together.” -Essie
5. Fall-ing Hard. As the season changes before our very eyes, we’re getting even more excited to start adding warmer layers, hanging out by the fireplace, and snuggling up with our loved ones (including our pets!). Until then, we have started a new Pinterest board to document our favorite fall looks. Be sure to follow along!
Oh, August, why must you leave us so soon? You were mighty good to us and we are sad to say goodbye to summer. And because we’re known to take anything slightly sad and find a way to make it happy, here is how we’re celebrating the new season and new month!
1. Summer to Fall: This week, we’re enjoying the unofficial last week of summer (bye bye warm sunshine. Hello, cute boots!). So what better way to ring in the new season than with a “Summer to Fall Transition” Posh Party? Join us in the app tonight at 7pm PST!
2. Poshmark heads back to the Big Apple: If you didn’t hear on social media, a couple of us are heading to NYC next week to kick off NYFW. Woohoo! Be sure to follow our journey via Twitter and Instagram for all the latest. If you’re in town, please let us know! We’d love to meet you!
3. Giveaway Winner: We had SO many amazing #ShopMyCloset entries for our Instagram giveaway over the last week and are so excited to announce the winner! Stay tuned next week to find out if you’re the lucky gal who will receive $100 Posh Credits!
4. End of Summer: We’re making the most of the last bit of summer this week by soaking up the sun and having sweet, cold treats outside the office! How are you spending the last few days of summer?
5. Fashion Week Excitement: New York Fashion Weekofficially starts next week and we’re gearing up with some exciting things to celebrate in the app! Be sure to stay tuned to some fun features and Posh Parties!
Hope you have an amazing holiday weekend! See you in the app. xo
Can you believe summer is almost over? Yeah, we can’t either! As much as we loved summer fashion with all the wedges, cut off shorts and floral dresses, we’re so excited for what fall fashion has to bring. Plus, a new season means a new wardrobe, right?! Today’s Wish List includes some must-have items found on Poshmark that will help make this seasonal transition a little bit smoother!
Vince Moto Jacket: $250
Christian Louboutin Boots: $300
Burberry Scarf: $175
J. Crew Cardigan: $170
Miu Miu Sparkle Flats: $240