One of the most common questions we get at PMHQ is how to become a Posh Party host. The coveted spot not only allows for major closet visibility, but is also a fun way to shop and share with the Poshmark community. If you have ever been curious about how hosts are selected and what you can do to qualify, we’re here to dish on the details.
Your account should:
Be in good standing. As hosting is a highly-visible position, we’re looking for Poshers who know our rules and follow them. A few helpful hints? Do not have unsupported items or coordinate offline transactions.
Have 25+ listings. We love when closets are full and brimming with eye candy! It’s beneficial for Poshers shopping the parties to see your personal style, not only in the items you select as Host Picks, but also in the items you’ve loved and owned personally.
Be Active. Meet and follow Poshers. List items for sale. Browse, like and share your favorite listings. Getting connected and keeping in touch with the Community will make you a well-rounded Posher! At this time we ask that all co-hosts be a member of the Poshmark community for at least three months.
Have personality! Nothing makes us grin wider than clean, clear, creative Covershots (say that 10 times fast!). Wear your garment and take a selfie (or grab a friend to snap a pic for you!) or even create a layout of pretty items on an attractive, clean surface. And don’t forget the key to all amazing photos: good lighting! Bright, uncluttered images presents your listings in the best way and ensures they will capture the attention of potential buyers. Need inspiration? See our blog post on amazing covershots for ideas.
Does the above criteria sound like you? Then be sure to contact the proper channel:
Send email@example.com a friendly email letting us know you’re interested in participating in the Host Program–we’d love to hear from you!
Once we’ve received your email, we will add you to our list of interested candidates and reach out as soon as we’ve had a chance to take a look at your closet.
Please do wait patiently. We have a long list of eager candidates and are working hard daily to ensure every eligible Posher is given the opportunity to host.
Have you already hosted before but are ready to do so again? Great! We are always happy to have a Posher host again. We generally ask that you wait at least three months before reaching out to host again to allow time for other Poshers to get in on the fun. Once that time has passed, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get you on our repeat host list. Please note that we do have a limited number of spots available for repeat hosts so it may take some time before we are able to get you a party date.
We are reveling in the dog days of summer and want all things beach-ready and warm weather appropriate. Fancy sandals, flowy tops and dresses, we’re coveting it all. Shop Heidi's closet for all your summer apparel needs!
We hope you’re rested from the weekend and are gearing up for another great week of Posh Parties! Our favorite brands and styles are back in the spotlight, and this week we have style influencers Ariana, Jaclyn, Taghrid and Kate hosting, along with members of our fabulous Posh community. So set your calendars and let’s get shopping!
1. Poshmark is the latest reality star! Not quite, but we were recently featured in Inc. Magazine’s mini-series, Trep Life. In addition to an in-depth article, the video follows Co-Founders Manish Chandra and Tracy Sun and provides a glimpse behind the curtain of PMHQ.
2. PoshFest is on and we hope you’ll join us for a stylishly fun weekend of inspiration and empowerment with Team Posh and your PFFs (that is, Posh Friends Forever). Register today!
3. Heading to back to campus and looking to up your fashion game? Look no further than Poshmark! The recent BuzzFeed article selects items from Poshmark that match personal style to their equivalent university type.
4. The weekend is a great time to do a wardrobe refresh and list items to your Poshmark closet. We all know how important a great Covershot is, so don’t forget to follow our Covershot Inspo Pinterest board that’s full of modeling and styling inspiration to help your items stand out and get sold.
5. When we say, “Happy Poshing!”, we mean it! Look at the happiness-inducing PoshFinds that were recently delivered to PMHQ. We don’t just work here, we shop here, too!
Have you ever wondered why some listings sell like a hotcakes and others sit in your closet longer? Today’s Posh Tip explores marketing your closet for the right time of year.
We think it’s valuable to keep in mind the current season, the upcoming season and the overall seasonality of your garments. When listing items in your closet, take into account what the Community may be shopping for in the coming weeks.
A helpful hint: ask yourself what you’ve been shopping for lately. Your thin, lightweight tops, silky shorts and strappy sandals will likely get more interest during the warmer months. When you consider that people are looking to buy in advance of the upcoming season (about six to eight weeks), in- and pre-season items can call for a higher price as they’re more in demand.
At the same time, if you’d really like to move your inventory of thick, chunky sweaters and knee-high leather boots in those same warmer months, consider lowering your price to attract buyers. Nothing is more drool-worthy than a gorgeous, warm coat or jacket with an equally enticing price tag.
In the end, an AH-MAZING deal is an amazing deal regardless of season, but after surveying the PMHQ team, we find our listings get swooped up quicker when we’re catering to the season.
Mirror, mirror on the wall, what is our favorite trend of all? The favorite trend of right now, at least, is mirror print. There’s something fun yet sophisticated about the colorful kaleidoscope pattern when combined with a sleek silhouette. It’s easy to get the look when you shop these closets and more on Poshmark!
By now, we all know the importance of an A+ covershot. It’s your first, and sometimes only, chance to get someone to notice the item you’re selling–so you’d better make it count! A well-styled snapshot just may be your ticket to your next Poshmark sale. Looking for a bit of inspiration? Peep these pretty photos that caught our eye lately and be sure to follow our Covershot inspiration board on Pinterest!
As hard as it is to say goodbye to the weekend, it always helps knowing there’s a full week of shopping parties ahead. This week we have great brands and trends, as well as curated hosting from style influencers Angela, Emily, Sarah, Darci and Jessica, along with our fabulous community hosts. So let’s get shopping!
1. Excuse us while we squeal with excitement over our latest press feature in the New York Times! On Thursday, Poshmark had the spotlight in the stylish pages of the Style section. We loved reading the stories from our community and Team Posh, and especially enjoyed this quote from Rachel Zoe:
“Technology like Poshmark is completely changing the way women discover fashion, creating the ultimate virtual closet where women can draw inspiration from each other. It’s not about selling to customers, it’s about giving them the tools to engage and inspire each other to bring fashion into their lives in new ways.”
2. The love from the Big Apple continued as Poshmark was featured on FOX NYC.
3. In other news, we’re happy to announce the latest feature, Price Drop Notifications! Now, when a seller drops the price of a listing by 10% or more, Poshmark will notify every user who has liked the item directly in their Poshmark newsfeed. We will also send them a push notification and an email to the address associated with their account (click here to learn how to manage notifications). Only one notification will be sent per week on a liked item, so as not to overwhelm users.
So sellers, take advantage of this new tool like Ediza who used it to make dozens of sales in 24 hours!
4. Speaking of tools to help increase sales, bloggers have you installed our handy Closet Widget yet? It’s simple to install and allows you to share your closet with your sellers 24/7.
5. And… this is how we feel about it being Friday. TGIF, Poshers!