Tall, dark, and handsome… there’s so many reasons to love Alexander Wang and his fashion line and even more reasons to lust after his handbags and shoes on Poshmark! Urban chic and lines so neat, the creative director of Balenciaga and ex-San Franciscan knows how to add drama to any outfit without all the fuss.
If you want to wear a little “Rocco” and roll in your look, check out our Alexander Wang favorites:
Meet Laura and Emily.
Laura is strutting her way through a fabulous life in Memphis, balancing a day job and her blog, Walking in Memphis in High Heels. Emily is a fashion fanatic originally from Arkansas, living a fashionable life one day at a time and updating her adorable blog, The Sweetest Thing.
Laura and Emily met on Poshmark and instantly connected through their love for fashion(hello, matching shoes!)… and the rest is Posh history! Today, they are collaborating with us to feature one of our favorite trends for the summer: polka dots.
Here’s what they have to say about this trend:
“Polka dots have been around forever in fashion, but they are still so fun and fresh today. They’re such a great classic trend and can act like a neutral too! I am loving them for this spring and summer to add an extra punch to my outfits.”
“Polka dots are back! ‘O’, but wait! Did this fun pattern ever leave the fashion scene? No, because polka dots are a fashion staple! Polka dots can be fun and retro, very geometric, classic, sophisticated, graphically bold, and very modern. For me, the beauty of the dots is its natural ability to play well with other patterns. Mixing dots with stripes or plaids, or other colors and/or sizes of dots allows me to mix and match and expand my wardrobe while creating an unique style … with a pop!”
Check out the polka-dotted Poshmark listings that are on their wishlist:
Laura’s Posh Picks
Emily’s Posh Picks
If you are interested in Laura’s and Emily’s amazing style, be sure to check out their closets and tune into tonight’s “Preppy Glam” Posh Party they are hosting together-SO fun!
Got the Monday blues? Then get colorful with us and shop for summer wear in trending brights, prints, and so much more during our Posh Parties all week! From Total Trendsetter to Bold and Beautiful—we’ve got you covered!
If you love blogger style as much as we do, you’re in for a treat with Laura of Walking in Memphis in High Heels and Emily Ann Gemma of The Sweetest Thing teaming up tomorrow, in addition to Kate of Wear in LA, Lori of The Sequined Unicorn, Elissa of Sparkles and Prays, and Tania of Tania Sarin all hosting this week! Also don’t miss out on the style of our oh-so-fabulous community: Jan, Karol and Brenda.
1. At the Glimpse Conference this past week, our Founder & CEO, Manish Chandra did a dazzling job speaking on the Shopping Discovery Panel. The Glimpse Conference attendees loved so many of his insights that Twitter was buzzing all about it (as were we!).
2. Our happy Pinterest boards are in need of some of your lovin’, Posh community! If you are craving style trends for the summer, new beauty palettes, or even an inspiration board with only shoes, shoes, shoes, follow our Pinterest boards! Help us get to 2000 followers (we’re so close!) and keep spreading that undeniable Posh love.
3. This Posh user is spending her weekend, chillin’ in the best fashion … Poshmarking, keeping hydrated, and gaming! Goes to show you our users are beautiful, fit, and oh so fun! How are you spending your weekend? Share your weekend plans on Instagram! Also, while you’re Instagramming away this weekend, join us for our weekend parties galore!
4. Viral videos! We can’t get enough of them, and they are definitely a staple to our workday wonderland. For today’s video pick, we combined our love for viral videos and our not-so-guilty pleasure, reality shows, in one Jimmy Kimmel short for your Friday work break!
5. From all of us at PMHQ to you, our Posh community, we want to wish you a happy Friday!
We at PMHQ love to treat ourselves to a few lunch dates outside the office, especially for taking advantage of the fabulous summer weather at our favorite outdoor cafes. What to wear to a lunch date could be a tricky thing for working girls who are trying to juggle office appropriate with chic. In a world of striped blouses and structured dresses in neutrals, you don’t have to give up glamour in your work wear.
Shop these listings now:
1. J. Crew Striped Blouse: $70
Retail $782. Aritzia Colorblock Dress: $80 Retail $165
3. Kate Spade Camera Crossbody: $140
Retail $2754. Poppy Red Sleeveless Top: $25 Retail $65
Meet Pamela: a rockstar Poshmarker from Seattle who loves to shop.
Whether it’s on Poshmark, at Nordstrom’s flagship store, or a variety of local boutiques, she’s all about it! If you peek into her closet, you’d find a whole lot of black, but Pam uses these pieces to achieve three signature styles: “clean and classy with an edge”, “drippy drapey” a la Rick Owens or Alexander Wang, or boho… and she totally rocks these well.
You can catch her Poshmarking anywhere from the road in her car (in the passenger seat, of course), in bed, on break at work, and even while shopping! Read on to see what else she has to say about her love for Poshmark and so much more!
Poshmark (PM): Why do you love Poshmark?
Pamela (P): There’s so many reasons I love Poshmark. One, it’s given me a reason not to let my closet go haywire. I can actually maintain my closet now. It’s a bit more manageable than it was last year before I started using the app. Two, I love stumbling across items I have missed in store or I am currently obsessing about, but know the fiancé would freak if I purchased that item at retail value. Lol. Three, it’s given me the opportunity to build new friendships with ladies who are just as obsessed with fashion as I am. And four, I get to see first hand how lovely people can be. I see closets on Poshmark that actually donate the earnings they receive to charities. I just think that’s fantastic!
PM: What was your favorite Poshmark purchase?
P: My Alexander Wang Rocco with all black hardware for $450! That was such a steal!
PM: As an amazing Poshmarker, what are some tips and tricks you would give to new community members?
P: Covershot and description are everything! Always make sure the pictures are clear and thoroughly describe the item. Don’t describe the items as “pink shirt” or “black shoes” Look at it this way, would you buy something at an online shop that describes items in that manner. Also, SHARE, SHARE, SHARE! Share your items and share others. I know some ladies have shared my items and out of curiosity I’d start filtering through their closets and I’d find items that I would end up purchasing. Make sure to play nice; this is like owning your own shop. Ladies remember who wasn’t easy or nice to work with. Just like that 100 other Poshers know about you—and not in a good way. Finally, just have fun! This app was made to sell and buy and build new friendships!
With another hot summer ahead, we’re getting ready to frost ourselves with this all-white trend to stay ever-so-cool throughout another fashionable season. When wearing all white, remember to break up the color with metallic jewelry and black accents. Classic, clean, and crisp, it’s so easy to fall in love with such an effortless trend.
Shop these listings now:
This Monday is going to be another Posh Party to remember as the Community Team hosts the first party of the week. Don’t miss out on the trend-driven stylings from our office’s fashion experts. If you absolutely love blogger and industry style, join us for the parties of the Spoiled Little LA Girls, and Katie of Suburban Sparkle!
1. Hello, Baltimore! If you were watching the ABC News in Baltimore this week, you might have noticed a guest appearance by Poshmark in the evening news! Lots of love for Poshmark user and darling, Jackie, for lighting up the screen.
2. Tumblr darlings, we’re only a little bit away from 1,500 followers. We want to take this time to thank our community for making us feel so loved… and heard! Help us get to 1,500 by following us and spreading that love through reposts.
3. At PMHQ, we’re all about working hard and playing hard. Balance is so important to us that we make sure we have enough time for all our passions, Posh and otherwise. Check out this Refinery 29 article on how to schedule a balanced life in our busy, busy world.
4. If you’re having some Poshmark success, send us pictures of your fabulous packaging by hashtagging poshpackages (#poshpackages) and we would love to feature some of them on our Instagram! They are just too cute to stay hidden on your phone!
Across Pinterest, all the inspiration boards are getting their summer on, featuring hot color palettes, tribal and tropical prints, and statement pieces in sunny hues! Check out our Summer Fashion board for all inspiration tan, fun, and under the sun!
If you’re preparing your closet for the summer sun, shop our Pinterest-inspired finds underneath!
1. CORAL CROCHETED SKIRT
Inspired by this Pinterest find:
Shop this look on Poshmark: CORAL CROCHETED SKIRT
2. TROPICAL PRINT DRESS
Inspired by this Pinterest find:
Shop this look on Poshmark: TROPICAL DRESS
3. YELLOW GEMSTONE STATEMENT NECKLACE
Inspired by this Pinterest find:
Shop this look on Poshmark: YELLOW GEMSTONE STATEMENT NECKLACE
For the upcoming summer, we’re crazy over bold and bright prints, and nothing is bolder and more beautiful than tribal trimmings as statement pieces. We’re particularly inspired by the urban tribal prints out of Clover Canyon’s Resort ‘14 runway. We’re also in love modernizing tribal by opting for prints on tunics and pleated skirts, and are having a major moment with black and white for standing out in a not-so-subtle way. Get bold, bright, and beautiful on Poshmark!
Surprise, surprise, Monday. There’s another fabulous party hosted by the Poshmark team! Join the lovely ladies of the Marketplace Ops team and shop those spring and summer trends as we’re transitioning into sunnier weather.
This week, we’re definitely feeling the love from our Poshmark community — every day of the week! From Tuesday to Sunday, we have a member of our sensational community hosting a Posh Party! Don’t miss out on the showroom stylings of Anne, Cristina, Kristen, Amie, Donna, Chandler, Evelyne, and Jillian!
1. This last Wednesday we had another amazing live Posh Party in San Francisco. It was all thanks to our hometown Poshmark community of stylish ladies, energizing industry folks, and sensational bloggers. We’re already daydreaming of the next one!
2. Have you ever been asked “What is Poshmark?” You can send over our new video “What is Poshmark?” on our YouTube channel to anyone whose ever been curious about us! Our lovely user, Rosalie, did such a spectacular job on screen. Click through the image to watch it!
3. Goodbye spring trends, hello summer prints! As the weather is warming up, we’re loving bold and beautiful style for the summer. Check out our Pinterest page for wild prints and more summer fashions!
4. At PMHQ, we work hard… and laugh hard, too! We especially love viral videos on YouTube during our mini snack breaks! Here’s one that we’re loving at the moment—can you say adorable?!
5. Spend the weekend with us and shop our amazing weekend parties! Just because the work week is over doesn’t mean great fashion isn’t being listed for sale! Join us on your phone or our party page on the web!
If the view of our lovely city from the Clift Hotel didn’t take our breath away, the love from our hometown community absolutely did. Last night our live Posh Party in San Francisco was a welcome reminder that our local fashionistas, industry folks, and Poshmark community helped us grow to where we are — and so did you!
If you didn’t get a chance to stop by our “City Chic” party, you can still shop all of the great listings from the party, including the closets of our glamorous co-hosts, whom we absolutely have fallen in love with!
Be sure to check out all of the photos from SF on our Facebook page, too!
Join us at our virtual parties every day on the app!